I'm perfectly happy with my current device...

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
I would like to hear more about the hotspot. I really miss it from my pre :blush: Adapting the touchstone charger from my pre has made it easier to envision staying with this phone through the contract. And who knows what the landscape will look like by then!

I'm pretty happy with my Trophy. I do like the looks of some of the other phones but other than the Nokia exclusive apps they're all the same in the dark :lol:

Start by reading here. It might seem a little complicated, but not really once you read everything.

[HOWTO] Use DFT HSPL with Verizon Trophy (SparkW only!) [Revised 3-14-2012] - xda-developers

the_fly68

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I go back and forth. I absolutely love my Focus but it's looking a little worn. It would be nice to have something new and shiny again. Plus my wife just picked up a 900 so that doesn't help.

I'm really trying to wait for wp8 but I've got another upgrade coming due next month so I don't know what I'm going to do. I keep telling myself that besides the exclusive Nokia apps, my little Focus can do anything her Nokia can do (albeit a little slower).

ashykat

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm definitely with you here. The Lumia is great, super sexy hardware (though I'm not a giant phone person and would actually prefer the 800 any day over the 900, even sans LTE) but IMO there aren't any big enough changes to make me renew my contract. I got a Titan II from the SBWP challenge, and I'm actually considering trading it for the Focus Flash. My point is, until there is a major change to what the OS allows I'm content as not enough has changed to make me want to have to wait 20 more months to get my next phone. More than anything I'm looking forward to high res screens. It's not awful but when 480x800 is on a 4.7 inch screen you do notice some rough edges now and then. :)

nopre

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Start by reading here. It might seem a little complicated, but not really once you read everything.

[HOWTO] Use DFT HSPL with Verizon Trophy (SparkW only!) [Revised 3-14-2012] - xda-developers

Thanks! I'm reading, and reading, now. I fooled with preware and tinkered with the kernal on my pre and didn't brick it. Maybe this will go well.

What else would I gain by installing a different ROM etc?

It would be nice to have someone start a thread explaing why one would benefit from this in the Trophy forum :D Hint, hint...

benfgsg

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
I love my Trophy as well. Coming from a Motorola Droid 2 it's amazing. I got the gingerbread update in September of 2011... like 9 months after gingerbread came out. I do not miss the fragmentation of Android. That issue alone has made me appreciative of Windows Phone in both their ability to deliver updates faster and having an overall better OS. I've looked at the Lumia 900 and the Titan II. I've considered leaving Verizon, but the cost to switch carriers isn't worth it to me right now for a phone that the overall OS differences aren't great enough, when I tested out the Lumia 900 at an AT&T store it was great... but it was still the same windows phone that I have on my Trophy. I will wait and see if Verizon supports WP8 and if not, I will then decide to leave for AT&T... behold the Death Star. Stormtrooper reporting for duty

gwydionjhr

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Try walking a mile in my shoes...

I currently use an LG eXpo, an old WM6.5 device. I buy my phones and don't sign contracts.

I just won a minor victory with my carrier, which I had to escalte to the OoP so that I could use my Fido "dollars" to purchase a phone no strings attached. It doesn't look like Fido is going to pickup either the 710 or 900 carried by big brother Rogers, so it's onto plan "B", which is buy a fragdroid, unlock lock it, and sell it for the cash.

I have to have Internet Sharing on whatever phone I buy.

I'm totally hamstrung between the 710, 800, and 900 for different reasons.

My rational brain says get the 710 'cause it's cheap and does almost everything the 800 does.

My emotional brain can't get over how beautiful the 800 is. It's the prettiest of the 3 and will probably work best for my wife, who will get this as a hand-me-down when WP8 comes out.

My desire to future proof, keeps me looking over at the 900 with it's LTE and FFC, and in white it's a close runner up to the 800 in cyan in the looker dept.

Oh well, it looks I've got 2-4weeks to vacilate some more until they finally roll out the Internet Sharing updates for the 710/800.

Rodolfo#WP

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm with you, and I don't see any manufacturer competing with my Focus soon, at least not with the sum of features that convinced to leave Sprint last year.

First, I have not needed 8107: my Focus has operated nearly flawlessly prior to and since 7.5/Mango, including a successful 32GB card install the first week of ownership. Now, for features, I'll note the three essential ones:
One: the Focus is as big a phone as I want to carry in my pocket. I'd take a bigger screen, but only if the device was no bigger or heavier. Tall order, pun and all.
Two: phones are not being manufactured with expandability: I now expect a phone to handle much of my 30+GB-and-growing Zune Collection.
Three: phones are not being manufactured with replaceable batteries. That has always been a smart-phone requirement for me. I have one or two spares, and optionally, a compact charger with me, at all times. Battery life is a non-issue to me.

Accordingly, I'll probably be with this phone until a for-me competitor is released or until one of us expires. ;)

bradtech

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
I was on US Cellular using the HTC Pro 7 WP 7.. Really enjoyed the phone but the screen quality was terrible. I swore to never to get on AT&T.. Just didn't like dealing with their support people and other experiences in IT in regards to their MPLS circuits we used. I jumped to get the Lumia 900 and bring my wifes iPhone over to my account to save some cash.

I am very impressed with the LTE network.. I went from 3G to LTE.. I pull 12-14 Mbps at work compared to 400 Kbps or 1.5 Mbps tops. In rural areas I get around 5-6 Mbps.. I never liked AT&T voice network/quality but it has improved somewhat. I still get dropped calls more than I did with US Ceullar on the way home. But still worth the upgrade overall.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Try walking a mile in my shoes...

I currently use an LG eXpo, an old WM6.5 device. I buy my phones and don't sign contracts.

I just won a minor victory with my carrier, which I had to escalte to the OoP so that I could use my Fido "dollars" to purchase a phone no strings attached. It doesn't look like Fido is going to pickup either the 710 or 900 carried by big brother Rogers, so it's onto plan "B", which is buy a fragdroid, unlock lock it, and sell it for the cash.

I have to have Internet Sharing on whatever phone I buy.

I'm totally hamstrung between the 710, 800, and 900 for different reasons.

My rational brain says get the 710 'cause it's cheap and does almost everything the 800 does.

My emotional brain can't get over how beautiful the 800 is. It's the prettiest of the 3 and will probably work best for my wife, who will get this as a hand-me-down when WP8 comes out.

My desire to future proof, keeps me looking over at the 900 with it's LTE and FFC, and in white it's a close runner up to the 800 in cyan in the looker dept.

Oh well, it looks I've got 2-4weeks to vacilate some more until they finally roll out the Internet Sharing updates for the 710/800.

710 would be fine as long as you don't need more than 8 GB of memory.

The 800 is just as expensive as the 900, only you don't get the better SuperAMOLED+ screen or LTE. I don't see why anyone would buy one unless you're positive you're never, ever going to us LTE. The smaller size and nice beveled glass are cool, but it seems crazy to me to choose those cosmetic features over functional ones.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers