Your AT&T or other carrier Bill

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
850 family plan shared mins I have a focus with grandfathered unlimited data, my wife has an iPhone 4 my daughter and iPhone $s each with 2GB data and my son has a skyrocket with 3Gb data plan and its 240.00 a month with insurance on the 4s and the skyrocket and unlimited family text.

Big Bang Radar

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Best plan ever. Wow.

Extremely. Geez, you're so lucky.

Its mainly because their a smaller carrier, therefore care for customers more than the likes of T-Mobile UK or Vodafone. Their growing, though.

And, due to our GSM networks making more sense than US counterparts, we can get a cheap unlocked phone and give the carriers the finger if they p*ss off the customers. Its quite funny. I was on Tmobile before, and I was limited to GPRS service, plus 500mb of data. Then I joined Three and brought a Radar to replace my BlackBerry and I get 3 bar HSPA+ with Unlimited Data. Ah, the advantages of better tariffs.

Last edited:

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
no, actually it is more like you have real competition there. We live in a duopoly for all intents and purposes. Straight Talk is making a stab at real competition though. Still, what would be about $25 US is just stellar.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
no, actually it is more like you have real competition there. We live in a duopoly for all intents and purposes. Straight Talk is making a stab at real competition though. Still, what would be about $25 US is just stellar.

Yeah, they actually have choices there--not just in regards to carriers--but service plans too. Like I've noticed some of their plans have 1000 text messages, others have 3000 or 5000.

Here, let's use AT&T as an example. You get two choices, pay-per-use at $0.20 a message, or unlimited for $20. That's it. No in between. And for data? 300MB or 3GB. For some people, 300MB is too little, but 3GB is too much. So really, a lot of people are overpaying for services because carriers like AT&T give us a poor selection of plans and packages.

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, they actually have choices there--not just in regards to carriers--but service plans too. Like I've noticed some of their plans have 1000 text messages, others have 3000 or 5000.

Here, let's use AT&T as an example. You get two choices, pay-per-use at $0.20 a message, or unlimited for $20. That's it. No in between. And for data? 300MB or 3GB. For some people, 300MB is too little, but 3GB is too much. So really, a lot of people are overpaying for services because carriers like AT&T give us a poor selection of plans and packages.
This. But why are plans so expensive? For the plan I get here, over there I would have to pay up the best part of ?30 a month. The American consumer have let the carriers out of control... Like the corporations, but we only have yourselves to blame for not cutting them down or stunting them when there was a chance to in the late 90's & early 00's.

Edit: sorry, I signed into my old account. I'm BBR.

Last edited:

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
This. But why are plans so expensive? For the plan I get here, over there I would have to pay up the best part of ?30 a month. The American consumer have let the carriers out of control... Like the corporations, but we only have yourselves to blame for not cutting them down or stunting them when there was a chance to in the late 90's & early 00's.

Edit: sorry, I signed into my old account. I'm BBR.

Well I think part of the higher cost is because devices are subsidized and networks have to cover a much larger area, but other than that, I think it's just because people don't know any better. Americans are just not aware of how much more they're paying for service compared to Europeans.

Big Bang Radar

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Well I think part of the higher cost is because devices are subsidized and networks have to cover a much larger area, but other than that, I think it's just because people don't know any better. Americans are just not aware of how much more they're paying for service compared to Europeans.

That was essentially what I was getting at. But you summarised it better for me.

BooMaLiCiOuS

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Verizon - Family plan (2 droid phones)
1400 minutes
Unlimited Text
Unlimited Data
Insurance on both phones

$146 after taxes and insurance.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics