The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
04-26-2012 04:42 PM
86 1234
tools
    I was just trying to add a girl on Facebook, it's not rocket science.

I didn't found a way to do with without using the app.
    The app search didn't found a result
    Bing did found a result and was using the normal site on the web
    Trying to send a friend request, resulted in nothing because the pop up wouldn't appear

She gave me her phone, I searched my name and found myself inmediatly. Click send request and done.

Then on top of that, I tried to accept her request on my app and it just gave me and error.

I was ashamed of my phone.
    04-17-2012 09:31 PM
    04-17-2012 10:38 PM
    That site always destroys my firefox. My laptop always freezes, not on Explorer for some odd reason.

Verge seems to hate WP7 lately lol.
    04-17-2012 10:44 PM
    It seem the verge has a vendetta against windows and windows phone, I take everything they say with a grain of salt they use to be my favorite technology site too until recently.
    04-17-2012 10:57 PM
    I was just trying to add a girl on Facebook, it's not rocket science.

I didn't found a way to do with without using the app.
    The app search didn't found a result
    Bing did found a result and was using the normal site on the web
    Trying to send a friend request, resulted in nothing because the pop up wouldn't appear

She gave me her phone, I searched my name and found myself inmediatly. Click send request and done.

Then on top of that, I tried to accept her request on my app and it just gave me and error.

I was ashamed of my phone.
    I haven't had a problem trying to send requests/accept requests on the browser. Haven't tried the FB app since my HD7
    04-17-2012 11:01 PM
    The Verge might have a vendetta against windows phone but they do have good sources.

I myself don't believe neither one, until I see good proof. And WP7 running in an old device =)
    04-17-2012 11:01 PM
    Logically, why wouldn't it. Dual core and more horsepower is for a handful of games that require it. The OS will still be buttery smooth with current/past specs.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    04-17-2012 11:13 PM
    It doesn't make sense for phones to not upgrade but then again it doesn't make sense for AT&T to deny the latest update.
    04-17-2012 11:21 PM
    i think this is a good time to put some pressure on MS to get a definitive answer on the subject - positive or negative, but at least it would make the whole question go away..

also, every person buying 2nd get devices believes that we will get updated to apollo, so finally having a definitive answer is whats needed.
    04-17-2012 11:21 PM
    Oh absolutely.

If the Lumia 900/Titan can't get updated, this will be disastrous.

If all the phones can get updated, this will beneficial. (there's people waiting to jump to the lumia but are afraid of not getting the updates)

Ball's in your court Microsoft.
    04-17-2012 11:32 PM
    if MS has already decided to update all or at least 2nd gen devices, they should just say so officially, i would even suggest they should be shouting from the rooftops, as there are plenty of fandroids who would jump on the opportunity.
    04-17-2012 11:43 PM
    I can't buy it unless Ballmer comes out and says so. That guy might be a blowhard, but he doesn't lie.
    04-17-2012 11:44 PM
    Wasn't there a big deal about fragmentation and whatnot and how Windows Phone wouldn't have that? Seems stupid to screw over people so quickly. I still think it'll be available for current phones.
    04-17-2012 11:48 PM
    That site always destroys my firefox. My laptop always freezes, not on Explorer for some odd reason.

Verge seems to hate WP7 lately lol.
    I agree. The verge is acting weird in Microsoft news. Maybe they don't want people getting windows phones. But they are android and apple bias.
    04-18-2012 12:01 AM
    I don't own a Lumia, waiting for the Apollo phones, but if MS doesn't upgrade these Lumia 900s they are shooting themselves in the foot. How could you possibility hype a phone like they have then basically drop support for it 6 months later? And the new iPhones will be coming out at some point around then, I think they can't really afford the bad rep they would get from a move like that.
    04-18-2012 12:06 AM
    Although I like the platform, I think Microsoft is just making mistake, after mistake. Dunno whats up with them, but I did not expect this from a push for a new platform.
    04-18-2012 12:18 AM
    It seem the verge has a vendetta against windows and windows phone, I take everything they say with a grain of salt they use to be my favorite technology site too until recently.
    Their head honcho, Josh, is on record as calling Windows poison. In fact, many commenters were happy to see Josh and his crew leave Engadget, predicting that Engadget would be much less bias in the process. And honestly, Engadget does seem a lot less bias than they did this time last year. And Verge... well it seems like Josh is up to his old tricks.
    04-18-2012 12:37 AM
    Dieter made the article not Josh just to clarify for some that didn't look at the article.
    04-18-2012 01:03 AM
    Their head honcho, Josh, is on record as calling Windows poison. In fact, many commenters were happy to see Josh and his crew leave Engadget, predicting that Engadget would be much less bias in the process. And honestly, Engadget does seem a lot less bias than they did this time last year. And Verge... well it seems like Josh is up to his old tricks.
    Yeah, but it's not just Josh. It's ZDNet's reporters too, from a month ago.
    Reading between the lines: Office on iPad, Windows Phone upgrades | ZDNet

Which is the exact same answer they gave WPCentral this very day. They will talk about apps, but they refuse to talk about the OS. It's hard to think no news is good news in this instance.
    04-18-2012 01:04 AM

Which is the exact same answer they gave WPCentral this very day. They will talk about apps, but they refuse to talk about the OS. It's hard to think no news is good news in this instance.
    Actually I'm referring the overall negative tone the Verge as a whole has taken towards Windows Phone/Microsoft since Josh decided to get more involved. It can't be mere coincidence that they only have bad things to say about WP post Josh's review. Even Vlad, who reviewed and really enjoyed the Lumia 800, suddenly has a negative opinion of WP after Josh's review. So when I say the Verge I'm talking about the website as a whole and Josh's affect on it and its staff. Like I said, this "sudden" negative tone towards WP simply can't be coincidence. And it very well could be coincidence, but I'm not buying it.
    Last edited by HeyCori; 04-18-2012 at 01:36 AM.
    04-18-2012 01:29 AM
    Actually I'm referring the overall negative tone the Verge as a whole has taken towards Windows Phone/Microsoft since Josh decided to get more involved. It can't be mere coincidence that they only have bad things to say about WP post Josh's review. Even Vlad, who reviewed and really enjoyed the Lumia 800, suddenly has a negative opinion of WP after Josh's review. That simply cannot be coincidence.
    Ok fine, Josh is a big stupid meanie-butt. We get it. But that doesn't change the fact the Microsoft has not come out and clearly stated who will get Apollo and who won't. And until they do, rumors will fly and it could adversely affect sales. And maybe they're not sure yet--that's fine too, say that. But who in their right mind would buy a Lumia if they don't get WP8? They pulled the interview with Nuno Silva, and then refused to confirm or deny anything, just giving a side-stepping answer that doesn't have any relevance to the question asked. Hardly inspires confidence.
    04-18-2012 01:36 AM

My guess is MSFT is being tightlipped because THEY DON'T KNOW to what capacity current gen WPs will be able to receive an upgrade. Designing an OS is extremely difficult: it isn't just "this should have a start button" or "this functionality should be here" it is hours of work. Then, it has to be tested and in this case ported onto multiple existing devices. Apollo is probably still 5-6 months from release, a lot can still change and a lot of functionality can be added for certain devices and tested on others.

Everyone needs to relax, stop trying to spin no news as "good news" or "bad news" and accept it for what it is: absolutely nothing. If MSFT confirms Apollo on existing devices and it comes as an update in some functionality, but not a full update, they called out for being liars and being deceptive about the update. By saying nothing they sell Lumia 900s and have a caveat emptor situation in the worst case and a bunch of happy WP8 consumers in the best.

I personally expect a grey area.
    cckgz4 and HeyCori like this.
    04-18-2012 01:41 AM
    Ok fine, Josh is a big stupid meanie-butt. We get it. But that doesn't change the fact the Microsoft has not come out and clearly stated who will get Apollo and who won't. And until they do, rumors will fly and it could adversely affect sales. And maybe they're not sure yet--that's fine too, say that. But who in their right mind would buy a Lumia if they don't get WP8? They pulled the interview with Nuno Silva, and then refused to confirm or deny anything, just giving a side-stepping answer that doesn't have any relevance to the question asked. Hardly inspires confidence.
    Microsoft probably isn't talking Apollo because they haven't even gotten Tango out the door yet. Everyone is running wild with conspiracies but the truth is probably a lot less complicated. Chances are, Microsoft does not have enough concrete information to give us about the Apollo update. While they no doubt have a roadmap in place, things change. For example, LTE was not supposed to come to the Lumia 900, but AT&T insisted and so Microsoft worked hard to get LTE to WP sooner. I doubt MS wants to make promises they can't keep. They could start talking Apollo and then have to renege on those goals 7 months later when they realize things won't work out as planned. Say something or remain quiet. They're damned if they do, damned if they don't.
    cckgz4 and socialcarpet like this.
    04-18-2012 01:52 AM
    I did *crosses leg and continues flicking thumb to navigate on the phone*
    04-18-2012 01:53 AM
    The Verge isn't the devil. They do have some good reporters there (I'm particularly fond of Tom Warren and Vlad Savov).

To be honest I don't even think Josh means badly most of the time, he just doesn't actually know enough about MSFTs platforms. Sure their articles about Windows aren't always completely fair, but they do cover a good number of stories in a timely matter, and their live coverage is usually pretty good.

That said, they aren't my first choice when I want a MSFT device rated.
    04-18-2012 02:01 AM
86 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD