Microsoft spokesperson: "All Windows Phone will get Apollo" (CONFIRMATION)

mprice86

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to hold off on the "I told you so" until we hear it from someone on the core team.

But I ****ing told you so.

shlomo80

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Is a developer evangelist a spokesperson?

But that said, it seems obvious. The Lumia's are not far away hardware-wise from 1st gen WP7 machines. Aside from an artificial block it seems reasonable to assume that a) current WP7's will be upgradable to Apollo and b) the last-gen phones will be too since they basically haven't changed.

johnmcd348

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Now, if/when Apollo comes out, will it be pushed out by MS or will it be up to the individual phone companies to release it? I became a WP7 user just as Mango came out so I was updating my phone on Sprint from WP7 to the updated OS and then about 3 days later I got Mango so I never had to really wait like we have for the interim update that hasn't come.

So, I'm still kinda new to how they are running WP as compared to WM from the past.

canesfan625

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I don't think Apollo is even real, so I don't know what to think =(

OpoQQ.jpg

trazer

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
Why would they not have said by now, it has to be holding a lot of people back from getting on board now? I can see no reason for the secrecy personally.

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
You don't know if Apollo is...real? Whether it keeps that name or not, you know there will be another system version coming.

And I highly doubt that news of the next update is the source of slow sales for WP

Sent from my Le Lumia using Board Express

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I have this terrible feeling that Apollo doesn't exist. And Microsoft will just let WP7 die, it has being bothering ever since it was a no show at CES/MWC.

sentimentGX4

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I have this terrible feeling that Apollo doesn't exist. And Microsoft will just let WP7 die, it has being bothering ever since it was a no show at CES/MWC.
They already added live tiles to Windows 8. No point in killing the OS now. Windows Phone is definitely not dead. Maybe in Windows 9...

canesfan625

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
By this time last year, we knew a lot about mango. We know next to nothing about Windows Phone 8. And we certainly haven't see anything.

Click to view quoted image

Tango hasn't even been announced and until like last month Belfiore wouldn't even use that word but we have known it exists... We have known for some time now that MSFT chooses to keep quiet about updates to help build hype and have wanted it to be this way since the beginning. Factor in what happened due to the fact that they announced 7.5 to early mixed with the pocketnow apollo leak.

This almost seems like attention to why it was a no show was not paid.
ebb22674_not-sure-if-serious.jpg

Last edited:

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
man if true I know a lot of Android users with 2 yo devices that are gonna be PISSED....stuck with laggy gingerbread while we get the new buttery hotness.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss