Microsoft spokesperson: "All Windows Phone will get Apollo" (CONFIRMATION)

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
man if true I know a lot of Android users with 2 yo devices that are gonna be PISSED....stuck with laggy gingerbread while we get the new buttery hotness.

I don't know how bad Gingerbread is. But my optimus 7 just got shamed harshly today by a Mytouch 4G T_T. Though it was mostly the fault of the terrible Facebook app+Lack of flash.

Let's hope Apollo is really and makes all our wishers come true, because my contract will run out next year and I don't want to use any other OS.

dameon_03

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
if true then this is good news. I was thinking of maybe waiting for apollo to come out and get a phone but now ill get one sooner than later

IamVortigaunt

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Looking forward to getting an Apollo device...hopefully Verizon rolls out the update to my trophy and hopefully they get a true Apollo device...otherwise, goodbye Verizon!

Sent from my HTC Trophy using Board Express

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I was just trying to add a girl on Facebook, it's not rocket science.

I didn't found a way to do with without using the app.
The app search didn't found a result
Bing did found a result and was using the normal site on the web
Trying to send a friend request, resulted in nothing because the pop up wouldn't appear

She gave me her phone, I searched my name and found myself inmediatly. Click send request and done.

Then on top of that, I tried to accept her request on my app and it just gave me and error.

I was ashamed of my phone.

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I was just trying to add a girl on Facebook, it's not rocket science.

I didn't found a way to do with without using the app.
The app search didn't found a result
Bing did found a result and was using the normal site on the web
Trying to send a friend request, resulted in nothing because the pop up wouldn't appear

She gave me her phone, I searched my name and found myself inmediatly. Click send request and done.

Then on top of that, I tried to accept her request on my app and it just gave me and error.

I was ashamed of my phone.

I haven't had a problem trying to send requests/accept requests on the browser. Haven't tried the FB app since my HD7

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
The Verge might have a vendetta against windows phone but they do have good sources.

I myself don't believe neither one, until I see good proof. And WP7 running in an old device =)

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Logically, why wouldn't it. Dual core and more horsepower is for a handful of games that require it. The OS will still be buttery smooth with current/past specs.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

drankurn

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
i think this is a good time to put some pressure on MS to get a definitive answer on the subject - positive or negative, but at least it would make the whole question go away..

also, every person buying 2nd get devices believes that we will get updated to apollo, so finally having a definitive answer is whats needed.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Oh absolutely.

If the Lumia 900/Titan can't get updated, this will be disastrous.

If all the phones can get updated, this will beneficial. (there's people waiting to jump to the lumia but are afraid of not getting the updates)

Ball's in your court Microsoft.

drankurn

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
if MS has already decided to update all or at least 2nd gen devices, they should just say so officially, i would even suggest they should be shouting from the rooftops, as there are plenty of fandroids who would jump on the opportunity.

Sasquatch76

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
Wasn't there a big deal about fragmentation and whatnot and how Windows Phone wouldn't have that? Seems stupid to screw over people so quickly. I still think it'll be available for current phones.

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
That site always destroys my firefox. My laptop always freezes, not on Explorer for some odd reason.

Verge seems to hate WP7 lately lol.

I agree. The verge is acting weird in Microsoft news. Maybe they don't want people getting windows phones. But they are android and apple bias.

AzD

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
I don't own a Lumia, waiting for the Apollo phones, but if MS doesn't upgrade these Lumia 900s they are shooting themselves in the foot. How could you possibility hype a phone like they have then basically drop support for it 6 months later? And the new iPhones will be coming out at some point around then, I think they can't really afford the bad rep they would get from a move like that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss