View Poll Results: Do you think 1st gen (or 1.5 gen) phones will recieve Apollo?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • No.

6 13.33%
  • Yes All Phones

16 35.56%
  • Yes but only 1.5 gen.

15 33.33%
  • Yes but not 256mb phones

8 17.78%
04-19-2012 09:13 AM
32 12
tools
    Regardless of how "close" you feel this release is, a LOT of companies do not go into details about things until it's about to be released. Look at Blackberry and BB10, look at Apple and their iPhone 5 that had MILLIONS of rumors that turned into the 4S and folks are STILL waiting on this iPhone with NO confirmation from Apple about what kind of phone it's going to be, and look at Jellybean and the minimal info it has. Lets get off our high horses and stop trying to shove our opinions down someone's throat because they don't agree with your speculation. If you feel it will or won't happen for all devices, then fine. Shut up. MULTIPLE replies in a single topic shows how emotionally attached some of you are.

I don't care. I have my Nokia. Personally I think the 610 will probably get left out of the bunch and the rest will have the core functions of whatever Apollo brings minus some features. Does that mean I'm right? No. But I won't be telling anyone else they are wrong because they disagree.
    jbjtkbw007 likes this.
    04-19-2012 04:01 AM
    i do think all current windows phone will receive Apollo update :)
    04-19-2012 07:06 AM
    Ms_nerd tweeted yesterday that MS and Nokia are testing wp8 on a 610....... Speaks volumes if true

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    FriendOrDafoe likes this.
    04-19-2012 07:25 AM
    Ms_nerd tweeted yesterday that MS and Nokia are testing wp8 on a 610....... Speaks volumes if true
    Nice! but if they are "testing" then that means MS really doesn't know either...
    04-19-2012 07:57 AM
    Average customer knows nothing about Apollo release. Never heard of it, so they don't care.
    So I don't think info is important from sales perspective.
    You don't think potential customers read the internet? Don't know how to use google or bing? And don't know anybody who does?

Interestingly though, if your theory is correct then Microsoft doesn't need to upgrade the existing handsets to Apollo and can safely ignore the howls from the WP7 owners - if they can safely ignore them now, they can safely ignore them in 9 months when WP8 ships.

Regardless of how "close" you feel this release is, a LOT of companies do not go into details about things until it's about to be released.
    If Microsoft had been completely closed-lipped about WP8 this might be believable. But Microsoft has already gone into details about such things with WP8 - they've announced that the WP7 apps will run on WP8. How is it any different to announce that WP7 devices (or even "some WP7 devices") will run WP8? This isn't like showing their new widget scheme or their new hub system or something that their competitors can copy - their competitors already have this feature.
    Last edited by mparker; 04-19-2012 at 08:07 AM.
    04-19-2012 08:00 AM
    04-19-2012 09:12 AM
    just stiring the pot.
    04-19-2012 09:13 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD