Just got my Lumia 900

started buying apps and music through the device

and discovered that if you buy to many songs on the device zune locks out your credit card for 48 hours because of potential fraud. Apprentlly its all those little 1.29 charges.

So i was wandering if i was the only one who this happened to.

Do most of you guys just buy your music through the zune client, or "other means"
    04-18-2012 03:10 PM
    This happens even on other platforms either the store or your card will do it

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    04-18-2012 03:30 PM
    Just get yourself a Zune Pass and download all the music you want with just one flat credit card transaction for the year. I flipping love my Zune Pass, although I have the original version, but I would go for the current version, even if I didn't have the old one.
    bikertomk likes this.
    04-18-2012 06:54 PM
    The Zune pass isnt unicorns and rainbows. It depends heavily on their license agreements. Songs will come and go.
    04-18-2012 07:00 PM
    The Zune pass isnt unicorns and rainbows. It depends heavily on their license agreements. Songs will come and go.
    Perhaps, but in the 4 or 5 years that I've had my Zune Pass, I have never encountered a problem with any music going that I actually cared about. Most, if not all, of the music that went away was stuff that I just downloaded to see if I liked and then never listened to again.
    04-18-2012 07:05 PM
    Just get yourself a Zune Pass and download all the music you want with just one flat credit card transaction for the year. I flipping love my Zune Pass, although I have the original version, but I would go for the current version, even if I didn't have the old one.
    I was going to say the same thing.
    04-18-2012 07:38 PM
    I buy music through my phone on a regular basis, but I don't think I've ever spent $20 in a day...
    04-18-2012 07:41 PM
    I don't buy any music on my device, but I have been purchasing a large numer of games and apps. No issues so far.
    04-18-2012 10:53 PM
    I have the original Zune Pass, so I get 10 free a month. The problem is... I've had it for a year and half, but haven't even used the credits to get 10 songs total, let alone 10 songs X 18 months.

I need to... but the streaming is so awesome, I don't ever need to buy it.
    04-18-2012 11:00 PM
    I use my Zune pass but I download it on my computer and filter it from there

I also use Rhapsody (boyfriend uses it for his iPhone) and I buy my music from iTunes to get cover art/booklet information
    04-19-2012 12:28 AM
    I have the original Zune Pass, so I get 10 free a month. The problem is... I've had it for a year and half, but haven't even used the credits to get 10 songs total, let alone 10 songs X 18 months.

I need to... but the streaming is so awesome, I don't ever need to buy it.
    USE THEM FREE SONGS!

Make a CD for a friend, or something.
    04-19-2012 12:47 AM
    USE THEM FREE SONGS!

Make a CD for a friend, or something.
    That's not legal or ethical.

I bought music once and 3 of the songs downloaded corrupted and I had to rebuy them.

Haven't used it since.

Had hte 10 free song deal, but I dropped it. Can't really say I miss it either, but that probably has to do with how little I actually use my smartphone now.
    04-19-2012 01:01 AM
    Get a Zune Music Pass. It's way better than Spotify as you can use the Zune player for your downloaded music.
    04-19-2012 01:30 AM
    That's not legal or ethical.

I bought music once and 3 of the songs downloaded corrupted and I had to rebuy them.

Haven't used it since.

Had hte 10 free song deal, but I dropped it. Can't really say I miss it either, but that probably has to do with how little I actually use my smartphone now.
    What part is not legal or ethical? Zune allows me to keep 10 songs DRM-free for myself, aside from the unlimited streaming/downloads that I can do whatever with.
    04-19-2012 01:33 AM
    I've been using Zune since the first 32 GB models were out. I also have the 10 free songs a month that I use either for my boyfriend or for when I was outside of WP and was using another OS. Came in handy
    04-19-2012 03:52 AM
    I use the 10 free songs, I often pick them up on my phone after doing a Bing Music search listening to the radio.

But not going past the 10 per month.
    04-19-2012 06:54 AM
    I don't buy any songs on the phone. If for some reason the download is corrupt you will have trouble getting Microsoft to issue a refund. The net where I am is horrendous(think early dial-up) so my connection drops a lot. When the net drops during downloads it will corrupt parts of the download and ruin the song, it sounds like its skipping.
    04-19-2012 07:13 AM
    I'm always buying music from my phone, but obviously not enough. :D

If it's not from Zune, it'll be bought from Amazon.co.uk.
    04-19-2012 07:19 AM
    I share a Zune Pass with my Mom and Dad. He uses an 80g, she an 8g. I have the phone and use the ten free songs a month. Boo yah! Also, it works out to only five dollars a month. :)

I think Zune Pass is the best option on Windows Phone for a couple reasons:

You can get any song, anywhere (98% of the time)
    You can skip and pause music from the lockscreen (almost every music app only does one or the other)
    You can pin an artist or Smart DJ to the start screen with a cool double tile
    Doesn't have any strange bugs with Bluetooth
    Stream also on PC and Xbox

I just wish I could edit the Smart DJ a tad more. There are some groups I'd rather not hear. Otherwise, it's simply awesome!
    04-19-2012 07:31 AM
    I only bought 5 songs and an app and it blocked me, then i had to wait 48 hours and bought a couple more songs and was blocked again.

zune support said they have never seen this happen back to back but it can happen with new account im waiting for next 48 hours to end so i can use the market
    04-19-2012 10:09 AM
    I buy my music in MS points, and I cant use my phone to, because it doesnt translate them between currency. One of the other, Microsoft! And replace the points with cards! or I cant buy apps or music :(
    04-20-2012 09:57 AM
    Just got my Lumia 900

started buying apps and music through the device

and discovered that if you buy to many songs on the device zune locks out your credit card for 48 hours because of potential fraud. Apprentlly its all those little 1.29 charges.

So i was wandering if i was the only one who this happened to.

Do most of you guys just buy your music through the zune client, or "other means"
    I buy music through Itunes on my Macbook and then sync the music to my trophy via the Windows connection app. I do it that way to use an iTunes card for $$ credits and not have a bunch of $1.29 charges at once as you describe. Also then my wife and son can sync the music then to their iPad and iTouch.
    04-22-2012 08:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD