I am switching to tmo tomorrow afternoon and buying the phone outright. I am thinking of getting the 710 but figured I would ask opinions to complete my research.
    04-18-2012 10:01 PM
    The Radar and Lumia 710 are the only two Windows Phones that T-Mobile stores sell right now.

Other WP7's that will run on T-Mobile's network: Dell Venue Pro and HTC HD7.

Lumia Pros: Second gen processor @ 1.4 GHz, Clearblack display, Nokia quality, Nokia Apps (Drive, Transit, etc), 4G capability (HSPA+, not true 4G)

Lumia Cons: No FFC, 3.7" screen is a little small, 8 GB of storage is limiting

Radar Pros: FFC, S-LCD display is nice, HTC Apps (Sound enhancer is great!), 4G capability (HSPA+, not true 4G)

Radar Cons: first gen processor 1 GHz, 8 GB of storage is limiting, some think Bing tap directions are limiting, 3.8" screen a little small

HD7 Pros: 4.3" display, HTC Apps (Sound enhancer is great!), 16 GB of storage

HD7 Cons: 1230 mAH battery is too small have to upgrade, 1 GHz first gen processor, 3G device, some think Bing tap directions are limiting

Dell Venue Pro Pros: (Not sure about this one because I don't own it/haven't used it) 4 in display is a good size/LED displays are better on battery life, full QWERTY keyboard

Cons: haven't used it myself, but it has the older processor, it will be thicker because the QWERTY keyboard, etc., 3G device

Those are your choices with T-Mobile, the 710 is a solid device, but I wish the screen was slightly larger and since Skype is coming, I wish it had a FFC. Also, I usually think complaining about space @ 16 GBs is a little over the top, 16 GB is a lot of content, but 8 I understand, between the OS and even a decent sized music collection it seems limiting. Other than that I see no reason it wouldn't satisfy your needs!
    04-18-2012 10:45 PM
    I jumped on the 710. The screen is a little small but overall I like the feel of it. Coming from android it is a welcome change. I don't even care of this doesn't get upgraded to windows phone 8 as I bought it off contract and by then I will have gotten my use out of it. The biggest thing is I am really enjoying getting Zune functionality back.
    04-20-2012 01:00 PM
    I would've went with the radar instead of the lumia as it has internet sharing a FFC and sound enhancer, ever since I got it back on my HD7 I can't stand listening to music or anything else without the SRS enhancements (I even bought an SRS sound processor unit for my stereo system). and to the person who said HSPA+ isn't true 4G its just as true 4G as LTE is.
    04-20-2012 01:17 PM
    Was thinking about going with the radar but something about it didn't make me want to jump on it. I don't care about the ffc at all. I also used really nice head phones so that doesn't bothr me at all.

Sent from my Lumia 710 using Board Express
    04-20-2012 03:06 PM
    The Radar and Lumia 710 are the only two Windows Phones that T-Mobile stores sell right now.

Other WP7's that will run on T-Mobile's network: Dell Venue Pro and HTC HD7.

Lumia Pros: Second gen processor @ 1.4 GHz, Clearblack display, Nokia quality, Nokia Apps (Drive, Transit, etc), 4G capability (HSPA+, not true 4G)

Lumia Cons: No FFC, 3.7" screen is a little small, 8 GB of storage is limiting

Radar Pros: FFC, S-LCD display is nice, HTC Apps (Sound enhancer is great!), 4G capability (HSPA+, not true 4G)

Radar Cons: first gen processor 1 GHz, 8 GB of storage is limiting, some think Bing tap directions are limiting, 3.8" screen a little small

HD7 Pros: 4.3" display, HTC Apps (Sound enhancer is great!), 16 GB of storage

HD7 Cons: 1230 mAH battery is too small have to upgrade, 1 GHz first gen processor, 3G device, some think Bing tap directions are limiting

Dell Venue Pro Pros: (Not sure about this one because I don't own it/haven't used it) 4 in display is a good size/LED displays are better on battery life, full QWERTY keyboard

Cons: haven't used it myself, but it has the older processor, it will be thicker because the QWERTY keyboard, etc., 3G device

Those are your choices with T-Mobile, the 710 is a solid device, but I wish the screen was slightly larger and since Skype is coming, I wish it had a FFC. Also, I usually think complaining about space @ 16 GBs is a little over the top, 16 GB is a lot of content, but 8 I understand, between the OS and even a decent sized music collection it seems limiting. Other than that I see no reason it wouldn't satisfy your needs!
    dont forget htc has location updated now so that you get voice guided turn by turn navigation. on par with nokia drive and google maps...
    04-20-2012 04:21 PM
    dont forget htc has location updated now so that you get voice guided turn by turn navigation. on par with nokia drive and google maps...
    I have heard they charge you after 30 days, so I do not count it.
    04-21-2012 05:21 PM
    Was thinking about going with the radar but something about it didn't make me want to jump on it. I don't care about the ffc at all. I also used really nice head phones so that doesn't bothr me at all.

Sent from my Lumia 710 using Board Express
    you can have the best headphones in the world, without SRS the sound is still flat and sounds like its originating from your head. with SRS enabled on my HD7 it sounds like an actual audio system around my head and with surround sound to boot.
    04-23-2012 05:01 PM
    I have heard they charge you after 30 days, so I do not count it.
    I've heard this rumor, but I don't see anything in the app that indicates it's a trial version. Maybe you should count it.
    04-23-2012 08:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD