Can consumers bring legal action against carriers for being a hindrance?

ReyB#WN

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
This question is for the legal experts.... I'm a Sprint customer and the vanishing keyboard is driving me crazy! The patch for this fix has been available for months now but Sprint or Verizon will not release the update necessary to fix this problem. It seems to me that they are purposefully crippling the product (iMO, I think they are purposefully trying to create negative experiences with Windows Phone to make it a 2 OS ecosystem.) and crippling devices create a negative experience. It doesn't make sense that Apple can update without their consent but no one else can. So my question is, as consumers, can we bring legal action against the carriers if they are purposefully crippling devices?

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Its not what ya know. Its what ya can prove!

Doubt you can even answer the first part. You certainly cannot prove prove it.

Frenzytom

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
And the fact Verizon just released the latest update to the Trophy, you have less of a case but I understand your frustration.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Its all about the deals. Apple got the deal to remove the carriers from the process, now no carrier will dare oppose them or they lose the right to carry the almighty iphone...:dry

Microsoft is in no position to dictate terms to carriers so didnt get as good a deal so carriers do what they want.

Best solution I can think of; move to a GSM carrier like at&t or Tmo in a year, buy an unlocked phone from overseas, preferably a Nokia as they have been updating their phones regularly. You will have a better chance of getting the device you want and regular updates (to a point since no OEM wants to update old phones forever).

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
verizon did release the update to fix it...8107... and after their last conference call the last thing they want to do is cripple the device. they are going to try and make windows phone the 3rd ecosystem, what they did with android and the "Droid" line...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb