Bing Maps or Nokia Drive?

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
I am going to be going on a road trip soon and I wanted to know what you great folks at wpcentral prefer and why. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

AkiraNakayama

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Indeed, Nokia Drive gets a nod for downloadable maps and better overall GPS Naviation UI. However, it seems that (at least in Seattle), Bing Maps is better at finding the correct address. Case in point, I've entered the same address into both apps and have seen Drive give me two options for the location, both of them incorrect.

Verkunder

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Use both. I like Bing for close places since I can just search for the address from the search screen, then boom, instant directions. For longer instances, offline Drive.

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
dont forget about htc location, it is also voice guided turn by turn, and has the ability to download offline maps.

Neibl

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Nokia maps are smoother than Bing maps, but a GPS software always better for trips. Drive is great for free but compared to Navigon it's just okay.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

hillsighed

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Out of those two; Nokia Drive for anything more than a very short jaunt. Though, I use Navigon for my GPS driving needs and have found Nokia Drive to have some really annoying flaws compared to more fully featured GPS navigation apps. But for free, Nokia Drive gets the job done that's for sure. Have a safe and wonderful trip cp2!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss