I'm going to help with the Apollo update.....

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Because I am the only one getting it. Now, if you don't like that, I can live with that. Oh, rest assured I will post all day how about it works perfectly on an HTC Surround.

I will only release it of someone gets WeeBear a 52" screen Lumia 1000 so he can get back on the site, and of Dave Blake returns to his roots as BigD5.

Sounds silly doesn't it? Just like getting worked up over WP doomsday prophecy articles, Apollo upgrade articles and the like.

Let me shed more light:
MSFT. WILL. NOT. LOSE. THE. WP.

XBox is all I'm saying about that. Long arms, deep pockets. They know the future, and it is an integrated tablets/phones Eco system running windows OS'.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
XBox is all I'm saying about that. Long arms, deep pockets.

This.

And it reminds me of the days when MSFT showed us the computers and reminds me of the word - revolution.

I don't agree when people say "Steve Jobs revolutionized the smartphones". They are using the word too loosely here. Steve Job evolutionized the already existing smartphones (Windows Mobile). It's like he taught the cavemen to roast meat instead of just eating it raw. Either way, cavemen was happily fed.

However, MSFT revolutionized with PCs and ruled that world for 3 decades. Evolutionized gaming with XBOX and is now revolutionizing again with the "Integrated Entertainment Units" - Two best things they have: PCs + Xbox will hug Windows Phone. They couldn't possibly go wrong with those long arms, deep pockets.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
BBBs' twisted reality check..... Can you say get a grip people that's what Burt is saying. We will know who get Apollo when we know till then it's fun to talk about but take it all with a grain of salt because even Microsoft is not sure what will happen. You can rest assured that Microsoft will wait till the last minute because they love the press... the free press we are giving them that is. Bert BigD5 has a space in it and if I did go back I would only go back as GrandDCinco ;)

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
They better do something quickly then before the lose what little market share they have...

Been hearing this statement since NoDo. They also said it about Mango. Now Apollo. I'm sure it will be repeated before every major upgrade.

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
This.

And it reminds me of the days when MSFT showed us the computers and reminds me of the word - revolution.

I don't agree when people say "Steve Jobs revolutionized the smartphones". They are using the word too loosely here. Steve Job evolutionized the already existing smartphones (Windows Mobile). It's like he taught the cavemen to roast meat instead of just eating it raw. Either way, cavemen was happily fed.

However, MSFT revolutionized with PCs and ruled that world for 3 decades. Evolutionized gaming with XBOX and is now revolutionizing again with the "Integrated Entertainment Units" - Two best things they have: PCs + Xbox will hug Windows Phone. They couldn't possibly go wrong with those long arms, deep pockets.
The issue in the near future isn't so much Windows Phone.

As you guys point out, due to Microsoft's deep pockets, they can pretty much keep it going for years, without ever needing to see a profit in that division.

The main thing right now is the survival of their premier hardware partner Nokia: apparently they only have about $4-5 Billion in cash on hand, that covers their operations for the next six quarters, before they're going to have to start selling off entire chunks, IP and patents, in order to keep funding operations, keep building Lumia phones and overall, keep the lights on in Espoo, Finland.

Their share price, from this time last year, is down from $8 to $3, and if the next two quarters, as they're guiding, are worse than this last one, their stock is going to 'break the buck'.

Their cash burn rate is huge; in Q1 alone, they burned through 700 Million.

Microsoft's money, for Windows Phone subsidies, can't keep them afloat for much longer; Nokia just requires too much money, they're too big, and eventually they'll collapse like a dying Brontosaurus.

Last edited:

vantil

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
...if the next two quarters, as they're guiding, are worse than this last one, their stock is going to 'break the buck'.

Nokia only gave guidance to Q2.
The Q2 guidance is suprisingly low though.
Lumia 900 and 800C should be pretty big boosts for the smartphone profits. Symbian is losing money at the moment but Lumia is easy money as long as it sells.

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
BBBs' twisted reality check..... Can you say get a grip people that's what Burt is saying. We will know who get Apollo when we know till then it's fun to talk about but take it all with a grain of salt because even Microsoft is not sure what will happen. You can rest assured that Microsoft will wait till the last minute because they love the press... the free press we are giving them that is. Bert BigD5 has a space in it and if I did go back I would only go back as GrandDCinco ;)

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrande Ceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeencoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)