user growth in ..i'm a WP7 and Wordament

AzD

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, Wordament's number of players has definetely shot up just this past week, right around when they released the Xbox live update (and pretty much right after the Lumia 900 came out).

Unfortunately for everyone else, I still place top 10 in 90% of games I play.

<---- realherbz :cool:

I may shoot the Wordament devs a facebook message. They can tell where the growth is coming from, because a while back they mentioned a they got a good bump from releasing Wordament on Win8 preview.

Consistently getting in the top 10 is really good, especially considering the numbers of people playing. I used to occasionally get in there, but now I'm just hanging on trying to stay in the top 10% - which is generally the top 100 nowadays.

It would be interesting to see where the growth is coming from. I suspect it is mainly the bump from the new Lumia/Titan II's as well as the move to XBOX Live status. I have tried wordament on Win 8 CP - it is not nearly as good as on a phone - the letters are too far apart which slows you down, and your eyes need to move too much to read the board.

ubizmo

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
My average score is about 415, which is nothing special but it gets me into the top 10% a lot of the time. I think I'd probably do better with a larger screen than the Radar's, but honestly the slowness is more in my brain than in my fingers. Sometimes, however, I do drag my finger over an extra letter, so it slows me down a bit.

I've seen any number of Boggle-type games on mobile phones, but it's the live leaderboard and stats that make Wordament so addictive.

You'll have to excuse my video game ignorance, but would playing Wordament on an Xbox entail using a handheld game controller, or is there some other input device? That would seem very slow.

sentimentGX4

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
Consistently getting in the top 10 is really good, especially considering the numbers of people playing. I used to occasionally get in there, but now I'm just hanging on trying to stay in the top 10% - which is generally the top 100 nowadays.
So much gloating... makes me feel bad. T_T

You'll have to excuse my video game ignorance, but would playing Wordament on an Xbox entail using a handheld game controller, or is there some other input device? That would seem very slow.
Xbox LIVE is a feature on WP that greatly increases the enjoyability of games. Its most prominent feature is "Achievement Points" that are awarded to players after making achievements in games. These Achievement Points are highly sought after by players and used for bragging rights.

Many games that I've played would have been utterly horrible without Xbox LIVE (Max and the Magic Marker, Fruit Ninja, etc.). A lot of them are simply too easy and XBOX Live frequently adds meaningful goals/objectives left out from the game.

Some examples of Achievements for Wordament are:
1) Theme Titan: Find all theme words
2) Bilingual: Play Wordament in a second language
etc.

XBOX Live Achievement points can also be attained through XBOX console games; but that's not relevant to many of us. Download the XBOX Live Extras app from the marketplace to attain XBOX Live features. I highly, highly recommend downloading it!

Last edited:

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
wordament is my new favorite game. really addicting. I've seen you up there Heron_Kusanagi. I pointed out your name to my wife because she has a friend on xbox live with "kusanagi" in it. My wordament performance is lame. i mean, I've got better than half, i'm climbing. i got in the 200s a couple time in some 1k+ games without the diagram games.

Heron_Kusanagi

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Back to topic though, even with the higher user base of Wordament, we still can't be too sure that this increase is solely attributed to the Lumia 900 effect in the US. The Xbox Live kick can have a lot to do with it no?

c8m6p

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Back to topic though, even with the higher user base of Wordament, we still can't be too sure that this increase is solely attributed to the Lumia 900 effect in the US. The Xbox Live kick can have a lot to do with it no?

I don't think releasing the Xbox live "tile" added any more platforms/players. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but you can still only play wordament on Windows phone and Windows 8. I don't think you can play it on Xbox. The "tile" is just because now the Wordament guys work for Microsoft and they added achievments, a different interface, and some new features to the same game it was before.

Of course, the fact that it says "Xbox live" on it might bring more Windows phone users to it, but I think it was one of the more popular games on WP before it was even released as an Xbox live title.

AzD

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
I don't think releasing the Xbox live "tile" added any more platforms/players. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but you can still only play wordament on Windows phone and Windows 8. I don't think you can play it on Xbox. The "tile" is just because now the Wordament guys work for Microsoft and they added achievments, a different interface, and some new features to the same game it was before.

Of course, the fact that it says "Xbox live" on it might bring more Windows phone users to it, but I think it was one of the more popular games on WP before it was even released as an Xbox live title.

It's not just a tile; its achievements and other deep integration into the games hub. Also, perhaps more importantly, it's the promotion of the game in the Xbox Live portion of the marketplace.

ejb222

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Can any one find the account verification number on their phone? I run Windows8 at home and the app allows me to link to my Windows Phone account. but I can't find the account number.

Dagolara

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Can any one find the account verification number on their phone? I run Windows8 at home and the app allows me to link to my Windows Phone account. but I can't find the account number.

I think they removed it when they went to gamertags with the XBL bump.

ubizmo

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the explanations of the XBox shift. I had the idea that the game had been ported to XBox, which seemed odd.

As for sucking at Wordament...it's a skill that you get better at, like anything else. When I started playing I was lucky to break 50%. After a while, you start to "see" better, and the words jump out at you. I had three top 10s before the changeover, but today I got my first top 10 since then. My greatest enemy is my clumsy fingers, not my word spotting. I think the most words I've ever gotten is 55, and I'm usually clocking in at 40. My mind is blown by the people who consistently enter 80 or 90 words in a game. I just can't move my finger that fast without hitting stray letters and having to start over.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb