When will WP get bluetooth connection for the Zune player and youtube? The reason I ask is because I know it has the capability with phone calls, but I can't play my music or videos through bluetooth. I was wondering if anyone heard anything.
    04-23-2012 10:03 AM
    All 2nd gen devices can play videos over BT. What device do you have?
    04-23-2012 10:06 AM
    All 2nd gen devices can play videos over BT. What device do you have?
    I have the HTC Trophy.
    04-23-2012 10:07 AM
    When will WP get bluetooth connection for the Zune player and youtube? The reason I ask is because I know it has the capability with phone calls, but I can't play my music or videos through bluetooth. I was wondering if anyone heard anything.
    umm... i play music from my DVP over bluetooth in the car fairly often. kinda surprised if the Trophy can't handle that.
    04-23-2012 10:29 AM
    I have the HTC Trophy.
    Then unfortunately if you are watching any videos with audio you wont hear it over BT. Normal music works ok.
    04-23-2012 10:35 AM
    Then unfortunately if you are watching any videos with audio you wont hear it over BT. Normal music works ok.
    My music doesn't work. It only has a pause, play, fast forward and rewind button.
    04-23-2012 11:47 AM
    My music doesn't work. It only has a pause, play, fast forward and rewind button.
    Music files should work. Which BT headset are you using?
    04-23-2012 01:07 PM
    Music files should work. Which BT headset are you using?
    My car. I just don't see a place to turn bluetooth on. It works great with talking on the phone. Meaning, it syncs just fine to my car, the zune music just doesn't give me an option to put the audio of the music through my car.
    04-23-2012 01:10 PM
    My car. I just don't see a place to turn bluetooth on. It works great with talking on the phone. Meaning, it syncs just fine to my car, the zune music just doesn't give me an option to put the audio of the music through my car.
    You dont need to set anything on the phone once its paired to a suitable device to activate BT streaming. Have you tried it with another phone and found it works?
    04-23-2012 01:26 PM
    You dont need to set anything on the phone once its paired to a suitable device to activate BT streaming. Have you tried it with another phone and found it works?
    No I don't mean streaming (unless you just mean streaming the audio via bluetooth). I mean making the audio of the music go out the bluetooth device rather than the speakers of the phone. There should be a button because you need to choose where you want the audio coming out of. Hope you get what I'm saying. It worked with my iPhone.
    04-23-2012 01:37 PM
    No I don't mean streaming (unless you just mean streaming the audio via bluetooth). I mean making the audio of the music go out the bluetooth device rather than the speakers of the phone. There should be a button because you need to choose where you want the audio coming out of. Hope you get what I'm saying. It worked with my iPhone.
    Sounds like you mean streaming audio from the phone to your car, correct? Have you paired them? As I said, there is no setting on WP7 for choosing where the audio is output from, once paired with a compatible A2DP device the audio is automatically sent from your phone.

For example, I use BT headphones to listen to music from my Lumia 900, once the two devices are paired I only have to turn on BT on both and they connect and the audio is played in the headphones, no other settings required.

Edit: By any chance do you still have headphones attached to the phone when you try to do this?
    04-23-2012 02:43 PM
    Sounds like you mean streaming audio from the phone to your car, correct? Have you paired them? As I said, there is no setting on WP7 for choosing where the audio is output from, once paired with a compatible A2DP device the audio is automatically sent from your phone.

For example, I use BT headphones to listen to music from my Lumia 900, once the two devices are paired I only have to turn on BT on both and they connect and the audio is played in the headphones, no other settings required.

Edit: By any chance do you still have headphones attached to the phone when you try to do this?
    Yes, it pairs just fine, and I don't have headphones. I get what you mean about it automatically pairing, as my iPhone did the same thing, but there should be a place to make it go back to speaker even while paired or back to bluetooth. Either way, it doesn't make the sound go through the car while paired, but when I get a call, the sound goes through the car. I just don't get why it doesn't work for the music because while paired, it still plays music through the phone speakers.
    04-23-2012 03:08 PM
    Yes, it pairs just fine, and I don't have headphones. I get what you mean about it automatically pairing, as my iPhone did the same thing, but there should be a place to make it go back to speaker even while paired or back to bluetooth. Either way, it doesn't make the sound go through the car while paired, but when I get a call, the sound goes through the car. I just don't get why it doesn't work for the music because while paired, it still plays music through the phone speakers.
    Sounds like the two are incompatible then, either the WP7 OS or something on the Trophy. There is no way to control where the BT audio is output that I know of on a WP7 device, there's only a BT on/off toggle. Is there a Car mode somewhere among the HTC settings though?
    04-23-2012 03:19 PM
    Sounds like the two are incompatible then, either the WP7 OS or something on the Trophy. There is no way to control where the BT audio is output that I know of on a WP7 device, there's only a BT on/off toggle. Is there a Car mode somewhere among the HTC settings though?
    If it's incompatible, why would it work when I received a call? It syncs up just fine.
    04-23-2012 03:20 PM
    If it's incompatible, why would it work when I received a call? It syncs up just fine.
    Calls use the Headset/Handsfree BT profile, audio uses the A2DP profile, if there is something that one of the devices doesnt like about how the other implements this profile, that could be why it doesnt work. Obviously I dont know for sure, but I would be looking to test the Trophy with another car's BT or even a standard stereo BT headset to see what happens.

Also you may have better luck in the Trophy subforum in case another user has come across the same problem with your model of car. Link: http://forums.windowscentral.com/trophy/
    04-23-2012 03:38 PM
    Thanks so much for your help!
    04-23-2012 03:55 PM
    the problem isn't with the phone then, it's with the car.
    04-23-2012 04:20 PM
    yea its probably the car, try deleting the iPhone partnership from the car BT settings, I know that sometimes when i turn on my BT headset and use it on my PC the PC takes over the connection until I unpair it.
    04-23-2012 04:54 PM
    You guys were right! I just had to delete my old iPhone and now it works!!
    04-26-2012 10:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD