Skydrive users, go to Skydrive to upgrade your box to $25 GB

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Skydrive has updated and now only allows 7gb of free space.

Those that are currently using Skydrive have the option of upgrading to 25 gb for free since you were are an existing user. Not sure how long this will last, but just wanted to throw it out there in case there was a timelimit to upgrade.

Simply, a loyalty program, new skydrive users are not eligible for 25gb for free, hopefully you new 900 users signed up!

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I can't wait to get home to get the SkyDrive app. 3 out of my 4 accounts were eligible for the free upgrade. Darn, made that last Live account just a few weeks too late, lol. Still, it sucks that new users are shafted with 7GB. A whole lot of FAQs will have to be adjusted. Now SD is in line with other storage places only with the added bonus of buying more GBs for cheap. Chances are MS realized there wasn't nearly enough people using 25GB and didn't see much of a reason to give it away for free anymore.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
It appears that if you're using a Mac then you need OSX 10.7. My work computer only has 10.6.8, thus, no SkyDrive app for me. :(

cgk

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
If you upload a folder of photos to skydrive, while it appears in the skydrive app - it doesn't appear in photos?

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I can't wait to get home to get the SkyDrive app. 3 out of my 4 accounts were eligible for the free upgrade. Darn, made that last Live account just a few weeks too late, lol. Still, it sucks that new users are shafted with 7GB. A whole lot of FAQs will have to be adjusted. Now SD is in line with other storage places only with the added bonus of buying more GBs for cheap. Chances are MS realized there wasn't nearly enough people using 25GB and didn't see much of a reason to give it away for free anymore.

how are they shafted? theyre still getting more for less when compared to other services.

ubizmo

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Hmm...I just went to SkyDrive and it showed my quota as 25 GB without my having to do anything. I installed the Windows app, but there was nothing to update, as far as my account was concerned.

wastegate

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I signed on to skydrive and it shows my at 7GB. It also doesn't show anything where I can upgrade to 25GB. Did I miss it? Thanks.

wastegate

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
When did you make your Windows Live ID?

Well, I used my hotmail account, but I've had it for over a decade. And I signed into skydrive last week.

The thing is when I sign into skydrive now, it doesn't show anything about upgrading to the 25gb. Is there something I'm missing? Maybe the free upgrade offer is over? Thanks for the reply.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Well, I used my hotmail account, but I've had it for over a decade. And I signed into skydrive last week.

The thing is when I sign into skydrive now, it doesn't show anything about upgrading to the 25gb. Is there something I'm missing? Maybe the free upgrade offer is over? Thanks for the reply.

I think if it's a Skydrive account created up to April 22nd. You should have the 25GB option. Maybe contact support?

wastegate

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Finally figured it out. I had to go to the PC site to upgrade. Again, when I signed in via the phone app there was no mention of any upgrade to the 25GB option. Only when I navigated to the PC site did I see the free upgrade option, which I opted for of course. Thanks for all the help guys and I hope this helps others too.

You qualify for the free upgrade to 25GB if you signed up for skydrive before April 22nd. So if you signed up before make you sure to go to the "PC skydrive" site and choose the upgrade option.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa