Outlook sync to Google/WP info.

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
I know this has been discussed before, but I have spent a lot of time messing with Outlook how it can sync to Google/Hotmail and then to WP and I just wanted to give some info to help others. It shouldn't be this hard!!

I'm using Outlook 2010 at work, not Exchange (tried a personal Exchange service and it was a mess). I have a couple of calendars and multiple contact lists. I do some with Tasks, but don't really use Notes.

I've been using CompanionLink for a couple of years, and it's okay but pricey. It will take multiple contact subfolders and dump them all into the Contacts folder and sync with Google. It syncs photos. On the calendars, it can sync multiple calendars, but puts them all on one calendar in Google.

Tried the Hotmail Connector and it is a nice idea, but not for me. It will not sync Outlook contact photos to Hotmail. It will sync multiple calendars, but if you make an appointment and invite someone, it comes from your hotmail/live account and not from my business account, which for me, is not acceptable.

Tried Sync2 and it does pretty much what I want. Syncs multiple calendars and puts them in into separate calendars in Google. Takes only the one Contact folder and syncs to google. But, I decided it was better to use Categories in Outlook than subfolders, so that works good. The categories are listed on the left side of the address book in Google. On the WP, you don't see the categories. But, Sync2 does not sync notes or tasks.

To sum up. It should not be this hard to sync Outlook with Google/WP. But, I found that Sync2 was best for me and categories in Contacts is best, because Google doesn't have multiple address books. Hope this info helps someone and feel free to add to or correct it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss