I wanna windows phone

thelvadam

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
I've never owned a windows phone but wanted one from the first time I saw it. I have an android phone and I hate it. It's buggy, slow, and nothing seems unified. All these problems seem to be fixed with windows phone. Can I change the keyboard though? even though I like the default one. Is it easy to change the theme of the phone? I see some skyrim ones out there. Are there any problems with windows phone? what do you like about your windows phone?

jsntrenkler

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
I really like the user experience, the phone works very well. I have yet to see any lag. The OS is very social, however I do miss having a file system which is something that android does well.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I think you are unable to change the keyboard. After you use it several times you will get used to it. Some people do not like the limited ability to customize and the limited color themes. There are some programs that some think essential fo them to have a good expereince but that gap is closing and MS is working to get all app developers to get their apps ported/coded for WP. I like it becuase itys simple and it works and its not android and its not ios. With the upcoming update called Apollo WP should take a great towards parity with ios. Not up even with them yet but making significant inroads.

alex6272

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I do not believe the keyboard can be changed and theming is really only done by changing the colours and choosing what cool tiles you want on your home screen. It may sound somewhat boring but once you add social networking accounts and pictures, the phone really becomes yours. I personnally like how the tiles are constantly in motion and how slick the OS is. The built in features like Bing Vision (I don't really care for the actual search aspect of Bing), the People Hub, Office, and the integration with MS services in general are a huge plus for me. Despite what some will tell you, the WP ecosystem is very strong (being part of the MS ecosystem) with services like Skydrive/Windows Live, Zune, and Xbox Live. Since you're comming from Android, the smooth, reliable, unified OS should be a joy. I haven't had my phone crash in over a year (back before the NoDo update when WP was very young).

As with any OS there are some negative aspects. The lack of customization doesn't really bother me but can be a deal breaker for some. The current hardware is fairly restrained so you won't find features like HDMI out, HD screens or 1080p video recording. Some apps that exist on other platforms cannot be found on Windows Phone but there are usually alternative apps and the marketplace is growing. Some people desire a file system on their phone (I've never understood why anyone would need to manage files on a phone) and there's no mass storage options either. Without becoming a developer with MS I believe there is no way to sideload apps anymore either.

These are the best pros and cons I can think of at the moment and overall I've found Windows Phone to be the best mobile OS out there. My little HTC Surround regularily holds its own, and often beats, new phones like the iPhone 4s at day to day tasks.

Hope this helps!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
priya8923