ATT/Verizon lookng to WP as iPhone alternative

welsbloke

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
I have seen a number of articles surrounding how the iPhone dominance is impacting different sectors, Carriers, Chip makers ect.

It was interesting to read a headline "AT&T profits up due to iPhone decline" which seemed odd but when you scrape the surface it made a lot of sense. The carriers have effectively dug this hole with Apple and are only now starting to dig themselves out. The question is will the iPhone buying public buy into it.

Whatever the cause the realisation that WP is a viable alternative at least for the US carriers is great news. They are after all the folks that ultimately decide on what you buy despite what you might think so the fact they now think they want to sell you a WP means it is likely to happen.

Last edited:

welsbloke

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
iScrewing

"iScrewing", as in guaranteeing timely updates? Sounds absolutely terrible!

I think if you read the article or even other articles you might begin to understand how it is the high cost of the iPhone (Cost of the subsidy) which has been causing a lot of pain for US Carriers.

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Wait, what? Did you even read the article? There's nothing in the article about updates.
Because the OP makes it out to sound like Apple is doing something bad. No one cares about the welfare of the carriers, they are terrible and we just tolerate them. What a consumer knows is Apple isn't going to bend over backwards to please the carriers, and it will push out an update on time. There's no way I'm thrilled if Microsoft simply succumbs to the carriers' wishes and turns Windows Phone into another Android.

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
that wont happen, MS is going for experience, not profits. although profits are important , they have a long term plan

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon