I Love WindowsPhone

jbjtkbw007

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Another reason I love this phone: in thinking about my Bionic, I had 162 apps installed. Yes, you read that right. However, on a daily basis, I used Facebook, Dolphin Browser, Slacker Radio, and that was pretty much it. I had a ton of games installed, some apps for editing documents, music and podcast apps, etc etc. Mainly, I had apps just in case.

I don't feel the need for that here. Most of what I was doing regularly is built in. My podcasts are in Zune now. Facebook/Twitter are integrated, and I enjoy IE9. Its got a Netflix app and all I really want now is Hulu + and a way to print. Other than that, I'm good and I'm patient. It will come.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Cannot believe he closed my thread! You can love Windows Phone but not the trolls? What's wrong with loving trolls :(

Ah well dizzymaker, din't last long, but at least you probably found out how to use .gifs in your post? :D

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Coming back to WP was the best decision I made. I literally had to sit down and think: What do you want out of your phone? Yes it was nice to play Draw Something (still do from time to time) and finally get to use Instagram, but the amount of times I use those apps are slim to none. Windows Phone connects to my friends and family faster and easier than any phone out there and that's main thing for me. Being able to use Zune (which is my main source for music next to Play Music and iTunes for Album booklets) on my phone without having to make sure it's DRM free is so much easier. I'm not streaming data or paying extra money to get a few songs that I want. The animations and transitions are nice to look at lol and I like how everything from the apps to your phone calls match the Metro UI look. Can't go back to any other OS

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Cannot believe he closed my thread! You can love Windows Phone but not the trolls? What's wrong with loving trolls :(

Ah well dizzymaker, din't last long, but at least you probably found out how to use .gifs in your post? :D

sadly trolling is STRICTLY against forums rules so opening a TROLL threads is a punishable affence. your lucky dave dint give you an infractin ( unless he did ) lol

this is far from a troll thread . this is a way to show our LOVE for the WP and not for TROLLERS! lol:cool:

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site

lol, it had its purpose! hahaha

alex probaly closed it, how rude... lol

but it is against the rules...

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Coming back to WP was the best decision I made. I literally had to sit down and think: What do you want out of your phone? Yes it was nice to play Draw Something (still do from time to time) and finally get to use Instagram, but the amount of times I use those apps are slim to none. Windows Phone connects to my friends and family faster and easier than any phone out there and that's main thing for me. Being able to use Zune (which is my main source for music next to Play Music and iTunes for Album booklets) on my phone without having to make sure it's DRM free is so much easier. I'm not streaming data or paying extra money to get a few songs that I want. The animations and transitions are nice to look at lol and I like how everything from the apps to your phone calls match the Metro UI look. Can't go back to any other OS

thats the spirit chris!

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
sadly trolling is STRICTLY against forums rules so opening a TROLL threads is a punishable affence. your lucky dave dint give you an infractin ( unless he did ) lol

this is far from a troll thread . this is a way to show our LOVE for the WP and not for TROLLERS! lol:cool:

Not rude but surely a taste of lack of humour!

So certainly believed for a bit that the people on here have some good sense of jolliness and humour. Boy, was I wrong!

Clearly that thread wasn't meant to serve any fruitful purpose. There was no abuse for anyone either. Was least likely to be flamed or anything in all sense, but hey when humour wont work, nothing will..

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
for the record . it wasn't me it was dave :p lol im not the party pooper . HAHA j/k

and i know we dont push forums rules as much as other MOBILE NATION sites, we are actually way more lenient with rules lol. ( we not big fans of rules)

but sadly we still have to uphold them on some level or else it be FREE FOR ALL all the time.

Quoate from dave ont he RULE thread:
There I posted them no one ever ask me to do it again anywhere else on these forums... I hate Rules... Now to the Forums Rules blatantly copied from the Android Central Forums.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site

That thread showed a lack of class. Class that I know all Windows phone fans have. How do I know you bought a Windows Phone didn't you.

Agreed

This is the rule:

[INFO]? Trolling - Do not post inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages to provoke users into responding in a negative way. Calling another member a troll is also a form of trolling.[/INFO]

for the record . it wasn't me it was dave :p lol im not the party pooper . HAHA j/k

and i know we dont push forums rules as much as other MOBILE NATION sites, we are actually way more lenient with rules lol. ( we not big fans of rules)

but sadly we still have to uphold them on some level or else it be FREE FOR ALL all the time.

Quoate from dave ont he RULE thread:

True I hate pushing rules around I try not to. I believe we have more class than ****** and ****** users. You can quote me if you want. This thread is a classy thread. Putting up a Troll sign....

Have you ever heard this before? Who said it?

"Please post in a helpfully civil manner its the WPCentral way".

Microsoft had to do something WinMo was a great OS but it was dying. Microsoft took what they knew and what they learned from other platforms. Then they cut the fat, put in the necessary fluff (Facebook, Twitter, Other) and released the sharpest OS I have used. I guess I just think along the same lings as the Microsoft engineers because everything I need in a phone is included. Way to go Microsoft thats why I love Windows Phone.

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
I turn on my wife's iphone and have to look at all the icons to try to find the app. Love the alphabetical order of apps. People at work bring me their android to set up and it's like, where is the menu/setup page to change that option. Plus, android screens and especially the app store just look messy after using WP.

The live times are awesome and make WP look really cool. The speed, smoothness and stability is great. The social neworking built in is great. Zune and Zune Pass :p Built in music recognition, barcode scanning and document scanning is better than either android or iphone. You have one button to get to all those features.

Yeah, I love my WP.

mud314

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
I too love my Windows Phone. I am not a fan of any particular OS, until I met WP7 and I will admit, at first I was a hater of the tiles. But I have grown to really love them. There is a lot of features built into these phones that I find myself finding something new all the time. I just wish VZ would have better WPs. Thanks for posting this OP, WP FTW.

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
better windows phones on VZW are coming sooner than you think... patience lil grasshoppers, the time will come!

i love my flipping tiles, xbox live avatar poking in, MS office notes, 25 GB of free skydrive space! ( who can compete with that>?) also really love the fact, i forgot what it feels like to have to restart my phone or pull my battery out? do people still do that? battery pulling is like neon colored wind breaker suits... lol out dated, out of style... get with the times, get a windows phone.

yeah i love my windows phone

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
If you look at user reviews for any Windows Phone available today you will be hard pressed to find any with less than a 4 star average rating. The majority of users who buy these phones rate them very highly. Only once in a while you'll find some one that returns a Windows Phone and rates it poorly because it doesn't do something esoteric like Bluetooth file transfer (which may have been useful in 2005) or because they didn't take enough time to learn how to do something. Even though sales of Windows Phones do not come close to other smartphone platforms, we still see an increase in fanaticism for those who have bought one of these new phones. So why do people like it so much?

There's an article by Andy Ihnatko published by the Sun Times which is mainly a Nokia Lumia 900 review, but does give a lot of reasons to love Windows Phone that most current users can probably identify with.

A user interface shouldn't stress you out. Windows Phone doesn't try to put everything on the screen at once. Signal strength, battery level info, etc. only shows up in the status bar when you need it and it floats away to beautifully reduce clutter when you don't. Sure you can get it back if you decide you want to see it again, and those status icons will show themselves automatically when you're about to make a call or your battery is really getting low. Other parts of the interface don't get up in your face about what you need to do. Panoramic hubs simply hint at more information by showing you parts of words and content on the edge of the screen that make you realize that you can slide them into view to see more. Andy says that even the progress indicator is like a peaceful Newton's cradle.

Not becoming stressful is really the key and that's one reason the iPhone is so popular. It's just a program launcher with a home button really. The difference with Windows Phone is that it's not so simple to get bored with it, yet it still maintains a strong sense of tranquility. Imagery and artwork changes throughout Windows Phone as you use it in order to keep things constantly fresh and interesting, but there aren't any bad surprises like freeze ups or application crashes (usually).

The central interaction with a smartphone should be the simple act of waking it up and glancing at the screen. This is another thing that Windows Phone excels at without too much effort. As soon as you take the phone our of your pocket and unlock the screen, you've got whichever live-tiles are most important to you right there in front of your face. And the choices for what you want to be most-glance-able are very robust. You can have a group of your best friends represented by one tile at the top of your screen and whenever one of them has posted a picture or a status update, you'll see it flipping through the little window right there. I even pin things to my start screen that are relevant to what I'm doing during the day. Maybe there's a location I need to go to later, I can pin that for easy access. Maybe there's a movie that I'll be going to soon, I can pin that along with its dynamic "Rotten Tomatoes" rating. Everything's very easy to see from the start screen's grid of little windows.

Compare this to the iPhone OS, which is a grid of program icons no different from the old Palm Pilots of the 90's or even the GUI computers from the 80's (other than a few icons that change highlighted numbers based on context)? or Android with its hodgepodge of complicated multi-sized randomly-designed widgets that never seem to fit properly (or take a lot of work to get right).

Even Apple's smartest co-founder loves Windows Phone

A phone shouldn't try to be a PC. This is something Microsoft only recently learned. Their previous mobile operating systems were almost exactly like mini-computers. Heck, the Microsoft mobile devices were originally called "Palm-sized PCs" or "Handheld PCs". They had all the familiar PC user interface components; scrollbars, program icons, file menus, tabs, etc.

Today, Windows Phone has almost zero ties to the PC world of the last century. However, with Windows 8 and the latest Xbox dashboard we see the PC world starting to be more like Windows Phone. If that means bringing more peaceful, glance-able, and stress-free usability across the board, then that's probably okay.

There are still other reasons to love Windows Phone besides what Andy mentions in his article. As Steve Wozniak, the co-founder of Apple, says, "It just makes me feel like 'oh my gosh, I'm more with a friend than I'm with a tool'" That kind of feeling probably comes about once you plug the phone into your life and start really using it to connect to the people and things that are important to you. No other mobile phone brings your stuff as close to you as Windows Phone does. Your friends pictures are always showing up in certain live tiles, their thoughts, pictures, and status updates appear automatically in your people groups tiles with no effort from you. That's something celebrity actress Eliza Dushku loves about Windows Phone as well. Back at CES, she said, "I love the group texting, I have a big family so it's nice to be able to send out a blast to everyone. " Everything you like is right there up front if you put it there, and there aren't any noisy visual distractions and skeuomorphs to interfere with the connection to your content and your friends.

If you're a Windows Phone Fan, do you have any other reasons that we missed?
Why People Love Windows Phone
:confused:;):p:excl::cool::mad::):D:blush::dry:giggle::happy::straight::lol:

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
finally i dunno why but the lasy couple months all ive seen is Wp sucks here . WP missing that , WP cant do this , WP , WP .. WP ... WP *head explode *

and now its: I love WP , WP does all i need , WP is better then ... WP now has this....wp . wp . wp GO GO GO.. lol

feels good to finally see more good then BAD in the WPcentral forums..... lol..

we had such a great communality when we first started 2 years ago ( we where allot less ) but it seem the more people join the more haters we get....

well at lease we are not down to ANDROID centrals' level ( bunch of immature trollers ) did you see the comments on ANDROID central for the Mobile nation Monday brief??

every single comment is about Ash's boobs.... all 20 of them...... at lease WPcentral seems to be a little more mature.

Last edited:

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
I know my wife is annoyed by me, but I just can't stop talking about how much I like WP7. Sure there are a few things missing, but for my everyday life those things are even mildly important. Other OS are great too, but WP7 just makes it all come together easily. Not saying that other OS didn't have this feature, but i make an appointment for EVERYTHING with this phone whereas before I never used the calendar. I take that back, i used calendars on iOS, but I stopped using it because I had maybe 7 Apple products since 2007. Tell me why I had appointments that I get 2 and 3 notices for all at once? The appointments were duplicated beyond easy repair so I gave up. I started just using my google account, which I previously didn't even use, but made one because I moved onto Android phones. I like getting my daily appointment schedule through google, but having the notices posted first thing when I wake my phone. I'm more organized than before with my appointments and keeping in touch with friends and family. I can't wait to see what WP8 has to serve up. If it only gets better then I might **** myself in October. lol.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
finally i dunno why but the lasy couple months all ive seen is Wp sucks here . WP missing that , WP cant do this , WP , WP .. WP ... WP *head explode *

and now its: I love WP , WP does all i need , WP is better then ... WP now has this....wp . wp . wp GO GO GO.. lol

feels good to finally see more good then BAD in the WPcentral forums..... lol..

we had such a great camunaty when we first started 2 years ago ( we where allot less ) but it seem the more people jin the more haters we get....

Seems this happens when there is talk about the next update for WP. Very similar to the kind of thing we saw before Mango, with many arguing about all the things that WP couldnt do at the time and why that made it worse than the competition, etc, then continued a while after Mango was released but more people were posting about what they enjoyed with the new features. Now its back to what is missing and how WP doesnt do this or that, etc, and why again its a bad OS. Just my take.

But whatever, WP just plain ROCKS, especially on The Icon, Lumia 900. :cool:

And PS, the phrase "The Icon, Lumia 900" and all possible permutations has been copyrighted and patented by ME, so HANDS OFF!!!! Or you'll be hearing from my lawyers! :p:D:lol::happy:

jbjtkbw007

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, I could go on and on about how much I'm loving this phone. Now that I've been without my Bionic side by side with this thing for the past week, I'm not missing Android at all. The only customizing I've done differently has been to change the tile color from purple to red. D@mn, this red is vibrant! Oh, and my ringtone is now Lionel Richie's "Hello".

Not missing the majority of the 160+ apps I had that I really didn't do anything with. Trying a bunch of new ones and really like the way they appear on the device. Battery is treating me VERY well. Photos indoors under normal to dim lighting have been really good. No complaints there. Surfing the web and typing emails/posts has been a breeze. Posting to Facebook and Twitter has been cake. I even find myself waking up in the middle of the night and I'm laying in bed surfing on the phone for an hour or two (no lie).

Probably the thing I do least with this thing? Make freakin phone calls!!!!! In 18 days of 30, I've used 36 Anytime Minutes, 217 Mobile to Mobile and 12 N&W. Everything has been messenger, google chat, text, and email. It's a communications device first in my book.

I read some of the (OK, A LOT OF THE) negative posts and wonder what is going on with people and their phones? I mean, honestly, if you take 100% of the negative posts, it makes you wonder what percentage of those are user error/Android-iPhone lovers that can't get with a new way? Yes, there are issues with being early adopters, but you know there's a lot of people that aren't posting their success stories because the reviews at both AT&T and Amazon are outstanding for this device. Also, isn't it still in the #1 spot at Phonearena for the time being? It's like they say...people with problems are vocal. Those with no issues just tend to go about their business.

Irregardless (shut up, I like the word), this is a thread called I Love WindowsPhone. Yep, I'm a #WinPhan and ...I'm a WP7. Call me a ****** all you want. I love this phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb