New to WP: Syncing Contacts

idontknowabob

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Hi All,

I'm new to WP and I am really enjoying it so far. Noticing a little bit of a learning curve when it comes to it though, but I'm a techie and enjoy it. I have a Windows Live account, Gmail account, and Facebook account all linked to the phone. Both my Windows Live and Gmail accounts are tied to the same password. When syncing my contacts through Google the contact photo that comes with it is junk. I read on this forum that a workaround would be to sync the contacts from my Windows Live account, then I can get high quality photos for my contacts.

When I look at what I can sync from my initial Windows Live login, it's only email. How can I get all my contacts to sync through there as well?

Thanks!

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Your primary Live ID account will only list email, but in reality it will also sync you contacts and calendar by default. You can control which accounts sync contacts in Settings>Applications>People.

In People, open a contact, tap edit and tap on the photo to change it to whatever you want.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

idontknowabob

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the quick reply. When I go to Settings->Applications->People I see the accounts at the bottom, but when I click on Windows Live it only says:

Content to sync
Email

I'm a little stumped...

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
Are you syncing the same contacts from both google and live? If so, why? It seems that you are asking which account will get preference for the displayed photos if you have the same contact with a photo in both live and google. Personally, I have tried both and use google and my contact photos, synced from Outlook, look good. Actually though, I never tried photos from live because you can't sync photos from Outlook with Outlook Connector.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs