What Windows Mobile 7.0 would have looked like

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Pretty interesting stuff...

WvumI.jpg

Is this Windows Mobile 7? -- Engadget

When Microsoft saw the iPhone, they scrapped this whole thing and went back to the drawing board, and I have to say, I'm glad they did because Windows Phone 7 is awesome.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I remember seeing this back in 2007. Back then I liked it but after using WP for 13 months now I gotta say that this original idea was hot garbage.

Mitlov

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Look at the user interface in Word. What are you supposed to use, a sewing needle to push all those little buttons? Terrible.

If Windows Phone was like that, I'd be on Android or iOS. Truth.

iloveamystery

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Well, this is what competition brings you. As we've seen suggested in this thread, if it weren't for iPhone and Android, this is the kind of interface we might have seen.

pjs37

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I remember when the iPhone was announced I sat there and said there is no way people would give up a stylus driven interface and the iPhone was poop (No 3G, MMS, not even apps). Fortunately I was totally wrong and I am so glad because looking back at where Google and MS were heading wow it would have sucked major big time.

I have to admit the iPhone changed the entire paradigm of the mobile market. If you want some kicks google "Why the iPhone will fail" and read the complaints. Its hilarious.

Last edited:

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure if the Word UI was real. The rest looks reasonable enough, but I doubt that Word would have shipped like that on 3-4" devices. Would be a challenge, even with a stylus.

I wish we had a full-featured client, though. Office is too simplistic on Windows Phone.

KingCrimson

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
What I like about Windows Phone is that they not only used iOS/Android as a spur to make something better, they hit it out of the park. I consider Metro UI to be the best, most advanced thing on the planet and as long as Microsoft doesn't stop innovating on it Apple will never catch up. They will continue to sell stale iOS phone for a while longer, but eventually better technology will win out.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Well, this is what competition brings you. As we've seen suggested in this thread, if it weren't for iPhone and Android, this is the kind of interface we might have seen.
If it weren't for apple, because Android originally looked like a BlackBerry until Apple released the iPhone.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1FJHYqE0RDg#t=86s[/YT]

images

pjs37

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure if the Word UI was real. The rest looks reasonable enough, but I doubt that Word would have shipped like that on 3-4" devices. Would be a challenge, even with a stylus.

I wish we had a full-featured client, though. Office is too simplistic on Windows Phone.

Yeah it looks like a shrunken screenshot...I used to have a Pocket PC Device with Windows Mobile on it and they had both Word and Excel on the devices then and they were terrible interfaces so I wouldn't be surprised to see MS tryign to fix that but that one looks...wrong...it was Word and Excel in name only otherwise I felt they were terrible substitutes especially when compared to something like Docs2Go on the Palm Pilots.

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Yeah it looks like a shrunken screenshot...I used to have a Pocket PC Device with Windows Mobile on it and they had both Word and Excel on the devices then and they were terrible interfaces so I wouldn't be surprised to see MS tryign to fix that but that one looks...wrong...it was Word and Excel in name only otherwise I felt they were terrible substitutes especially when compared to something like Docs2Go on the Palm Pilots.
Hah, I remember Docs2Go on my Zire 72 :]

I'm pretty disappointed in mobile Office. Word in particular is extremely bare bones, and I've discovered that it has extremely laggy scrolling too.

pjs37

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Hah, I remember Docs2Go on my Zire 72 :]

I'm pretty disappointed in mobile Office. Word in particular is extremely bare bones, and I've discovered that it has extremely laggy scrolling too.

Ah the Zire 72 my last PDA before I moved to the iPhone 1G. I loved that device...I went through 3 Palm devices and 1 iPaq I can't believe just how much things changed in 1 year.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05