Separate albums

JimiDiGriz

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know if there is a way of creating separate albums under the pictures hub? I've obviously got camera roll, saved pictures, albums etc as options but I'd like to sub divide into specific albums by person. holiday etc.

Can this be done?

JimiDiGriz

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
Not really used Zune all that much other than looking (in vain) for prompt updates from Orange UK. To be honest I don't use the phone for music or anything that requires sync day to day as I have an ipod touch for all that and play around with Nokia Mix Radio and have Deezer on my Lumia. Is there no way of doing it from the phone itself?

JimiDiGriz

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
Okay, so I've been into Zune and created some separate albums and dragged and dropped etc but it's very unintuitive. Syncing was all over the place. I ended up with the normal folders then a 'from *name* Lumia 800 with sub folders'. Meanwhile everything that was already on the phone in the default 'camera roll' etc folders was stripped off. Videos that I'd taken seemed to disappear, photos gone. I found them on the PC side and created folders but when I dragged them over they seemed to go into a different area. In the end I removed everything from my phone, went to the PC side and got the folder structure as near as I could to how I wanted it and then dragged the whole lot over. It seemed to work but then, when I wanted to rename a folder it wouldn't sync. Same folder structure, same content. All I wanted to do is rename if from 'photos' to 'archive' and then drag it over so the folder on the phone renamed but no dice. I'll admit I don't use Zune at all apart from updates but even so, what I thought would be simple housekeeping took the best part of an hour and I'm still not sure what's going to happen the next time I connect my phone. Oh and the videos? They went into Zune on the phone. Now I know that kinda makes sense but since I filmed them they've been under the camera roll folder, nothing told me they'd get moved to 'Zune Music and Videos'. Don't get me wrong, I love my 800 and the OS (three months in now) but this experience made itunes look user friendly. Am I just being thick or are there some tips anyone can give? All I'm looking for is to maintain my photos in some sort or organised way...

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I haved to give Apple credit on this. It is very easy to create albums on the iphone. I want to put some different albums on my phone, but I don't know that I will since I have to do it through Zune.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99