View Poll Results: If both Phones were free???

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nokia Lumia 900 (Any Color)

31 77.50%
  • HTC Titan II

9 22.50%
    If both the Lumia 900 and the Titan II were offered to you free which would you take? Please explain why.

..Gromet
    04-27-2012 06:45 AM
    After the OG Titan disaster I am disappointed with HTC products. Its going to take some time before I will be willing to give them another chance. Bonus is if you get the Lumia you know Nokia will be supporting there device. You also get the Nokia app list when you get a Lumia.

In a head to head comparison the Lumia is a fresher design. Where as the Titan II seams uninspired.
    04-27-2012 06:55 AM
    Swore off htc a while back but decided to try a Radar as it was the better of the two 2nd gen devices on tmo. As usual, it had a fault with wifi that was reported a while back but still not fixed. At this point i'm back to never using another htc product ever again. Nokia all the way.
    04-27-2012 07:01 AM
    Lumia for its design and the level of commitment to WP7 Nokia makes.
    04-27-2012 07:03 AM
    The L900. Been using HTC devices (PocketPCs and phones) for nearly 10 years and never had a single hardware problem. But they don't do a very good job on the software side, leaving some bugs untouched for the entire life cycle of their phones.

So while I would certainly consider HTC over Samsung, LG or Dell, I though it was time to give Nokia a try. They have a reputation for getting it right and are a hungry (almost desperate) company right now. I have faith in Nokia doing the right thing. At the end of the day, that's all you can ask of any company.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    04-27-2012 07:05 AM
    I find HTC and Samsung devices to feel cheap and plasticky. I never had an issue with my HTC WinMo devices of old. But I always liked Nokia devices so if Nokia is ever a choice that's my choice.
    04-27-2012 08:24 AM
    Lumia strictly because of screen quality...

04-27-2012 08:26 AM
    Not to say WP Central is lying, but other reviews were definitely not wowed by the Titan's camera. I'd say neither has an amazing camera, so the Titan doesn't really dominate in anything. The 900 has a better software suite, looks and screen.
    04-27-2012 08:31 AM
    screen quality is the biggest factor for me: black levels + ghosting on the s-lcd
    04-27-2012 10:11 AM
    nokia 900, as stated earlier for its level of commitment to wp. plus its fresh to death
    04-27-2012 10:55 AM
    Lumia for its design and the level of commitment to WP7 Nokia makes.
    Same here.
    04-27-2012 11:27 AM
    Lumia 900 all day long.

- Because Nokia is the ONLY phone maker with a 100% commitment to Windows Phone, so you know support will be excellent. They already develop their own excellent Windows Phone software and there is more to come.

- For the SuperAMOLED+ ClearBlack screen, which is arguably the best screen on any phone right now.

- For the chassis design, fun, curvaceous, refreshingly different and built to last.

- For the superior battery life over the Titan II

Titan II's 16 mp camera and tiny bump in clock speed isn't nearly enough to win me over with all the Lumia has going for it.

That said, I think it's a handsome phone and I applaud HTC for continuing to commit to the WP7 platform. It's a VERY nice phone and very competitive in it's class IMO.

I don't think you could go wrong with either one. The Lumia 900 and the Titan II are top of their class and the best Windows Phones we've ever seen. I would be thrilled to own either one really. :)
    04-27-2012 11:36 AM
    If I hadn't made my purchase already, I would have easily picked the Titan II. After having the Nokia, and seeing how the company responded so quickly to an issue AND offered up a service credit on top of that made me feel like they are going to provide better support in the bigger picture. That's why I voted for the Nokia.
    socialcarpet likes this.
    04-27-2012 12:19 PM
    If both were free....id get both! Ok for real, I have a Lumia 900 and love it. But if the Titan II was free I think I would have taken the risk on it too. I read the reviews before it went on sale and heard the camera wasn't as good as is should be and that the 4.7 inch screen wasn't that impressive. But now I'm hearing that opposite...the camera seems to be pretty good and the screen is one notch below the Lumia's.

Either way you can't go wrong...I basically got my Lumia for free($50 and $100rebate) so I'm pumped with my awesome phone.
    04-27-2012 12:32 PM
    I would take the titan II, guess I got burned with two lumias so it was no Nokia for me. Camera wise can tell you there is a noticeable difference between the two phones. The Nokia apps for me do not make a big difference, really the only one I was interested was Nokia drive and everytime it sent me on a route that would take me at least 30 min more than the "regular" routes. Really, for me it's only a matter of price.

Sent from my PI86100 using Board Express
    04-27-2012 12:59 PM
    Its a stunning device, different, alluring, catches the eye....I love the Titan II and I love how they made it alot smoother, build wise, over the original Titan, but 4.3 is about as big as I wanna go on a screen.(well, maaaaybe 4.5 but its gotta maintain a slim body)Originally, I had the same choice with the Focus S and Titan, both 1 cent on amazon, and I was leaning towards the Titan initially, but I just couldnt fathom carrying around a bigger, heavier device and when I kept flashing back to the windows phone inner circle party, I kept feeling what the Focus felt like in my hands and thats all she wrote! :)
    04-27-2012 01:05 PM
    Lumia hands down. Fresher design, more appealing device.

04-27-2012 01:24 PM
    I guess I'm in the minority here, but if I had the choice (LOL Verizon) I'd probably go with the Titan II. Sure it's only a super LCD, but you get a lot bigger screen for basically the same sized phone. Plus a nicer camera and a removable battery.

The 900 sure looks pretty, but ultimately I don't care about how my phone looks.
    04-27-2012 02:18 PM
    Plus a nicer camera and a removable battery.
    FYI, Titan II does not have a removable battery...

..Gromet
    04-27-2012 02:41 PM
    To put your poll in a different perspective, I'd have still got the Nokia Lumia 900 was $200 and the Titan II was $100.

For me, the unibody shape of the Nokia looks and feels much more elegant than the HTC handset. Until before Nokia, I was only using HTC handsets. The other reason is the battery, reception and call quality of Nokia is far superior than HTC. There is a reason Nokia was #1 in world for the past 14 years and that is their quality and design.

Having said that, I feel, Nokia compromised on NL900 quality a bit in order to make it affordable for the masses and US penetration.
    04-27-2012 02:44 PM
    FYI, Titan II does not have a removable battery...

..Gromet
    hmm, I didn't realize that. Not a big fan of this non-removable battery trend. But like I said, its not like this applies to me anyway.

Sent from my HTC Trophy using Board Express
    04-27-2012 02:58 PM
    I'm not gonna lie... I can't stand HTC (especially after giving them a shot with the original Titan after swearing them off), but the Titan II does look mighty sexii (in person).

I'd go with both :P

I might have gone w/ Lumia if I had to choose one.
    04-27-2012 03:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD