Windows Live Account?

wayneholbrook

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I have two questions for anyone here with experience on windows platform.

1. I have bought a Lumia and I still have an iPhone that my wife uses. Can I use my live account as an exchange account so it pushes our contacts and calendar data to both phones like you can with a gmail account?

2. I know how to erase contact info on the live website but I can't seem to erase all my calendar data on the live website. I'm trying to erase all data so I can upload new data and start over so I won't have duplicates.

Any help that anyone could provide woud be awesome.

croceamors

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Answer 1:
Yes, you can use your Windows Live account on as many devices you like.
I currently use one of my accounts on my WP7 phone, my older Windows Mobile 6 phone, that I use for backup, in desktop version of Microsoft Outlook 2010 at home and work computer. And anywhere you make a change, all of the devices will see this change. I have no experience with iPhone.

Answer 2:
Thinking what to do, but I think I would use Outlook view to show all of the appointments and then I would delete them all. But I have to check that.

croceamors

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
OK. I found out for the answer 2:
If you have a Microsoft Outlook 2010 that would be the best.
1. Select your Calendar you'd like to erase.
2. Select View
3. On the left side you can see Change View (icon + description below)
4. Press this icon and switch from Calendar to List
5. Now you see all of your appointments as a list not as a Calendar. So you can easily select all of them and delete them.

Not sure how can you do that on web, but mybe Agenda view would help you to see all of them.

croceamors

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
One solution - in case you don't have a Microsoft Outlook - would be that you simply delete a calendar on the web and then you can create a new one. You can create as many calendars as you like there.

1. Select the celendar you'd like to delete - on the left side click with mouse on it.
2. when a new page opens you'll see a delete button at the bottom. Click delete button
3. Create a new calendar.

Gungzwei

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
My experience with question #1.

My wife had a droid, (and now an iPhone) so I messed around with Gmail trying to set up a shared family calendar. I could get it to work, but Gmail was slow making updates. Probably due to the way ICal works?

Anyway, it worked a lot better when I set the calendar up in Hotmail/Live and added her Live ID as a co-owner to the calendar. Any changes either of us make shows up almost instantly on the other's phone.

On her droid and Iphone, I just set up her Live account to only sync with the calendar.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Hotmail on windows phone uses push techonology. There is no need for Hotmail on exchange as it pushes all your contacts to the phone. It will also push email and calendars/and to do list. Thou the to do list is just a one way sync, It is the only issue.

wayneholbrook

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Hotmail on windows phone uses push techonology. There is no need for Hotmail on exchange as it pushes all your contacts to the phone. It will also push email and calendars/and to do list. Thou the to do list is just a one way sync, It is the only issue.

Ok, but will it push the contacts and calendar to other devices like iOS or Android? Kind of like gmail will do.

wayneholbrook

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Or even better, I know this sounds out dated but could I physically sync my contacts and calendar via USB like you can on a Blackberry. The reason I ask is because I'm using a MacBook Pro.

croceamors

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
OK. I have an iPhone with iOS 5 for development purposes. I don't have a SIM card on it and I don't use it for anything else other than development. I actually don't like iOS. It's an outdated and disordered OS.

I tested the procedure I mentioned before on this iPhone and it works. I entered an appointment on iPhone and it showed up on WP7 and also at my Outlook and I also tested it in the other direction and it also worked.

I hope this helps.

wayneholbrook

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site

OK. I have an iPhone with iOS 5 for development purposes. I don't have a SIM card on it and I don't use it for anything else other than development. I actually don't like iOS. It's an outdated and disordered OS.

I tested the procedure I mentioned before on this iPhone and it works. I entered an appointment on iPhone and it showed up on WP7 and also at my Outlook and I also tested it in the other direction and it also worked.

I hope this helps.

Wow! I'm on my way home from NC now and I can't wait to try that. Your a freaking genius! I assume this will work for contacts and calendars. Also sorry to keep this going but do I need to set up my live account as exchange or just regular email account? If this works I can use my new Nokia and my wife can keep her iPhone. Man, I'm stoked!

croceamors

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Yes this would work with contacts also but you need to enable that (tested on iOS 5.0.1).

Do you have iOS 5.0.1 or higher? I'm not familiar with older versions.
If you have iOS 5 you do it like this:
1. Go to Settings
2. Scroll down to Mail, Contacts, Calendars and select this one
3. Select Add Account
4. Now I can see the list of account types (iCloud, Microsoft Exchange, Gmail, Yahoo, Aol, Hotmail,...) Select Hotmail
5. Enter your Hotmail Account (email) and password. Press Next button at the top right
6. At the next menu enable the contact sync because that is disabled by default.

If you have an older iOS I don't know how that would look like but I guess this procedure explains that.
How to Add Free Push Windows Live Hotmail to iPhone Mail - About Email

Last edited:

wayneholbrook

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Yes this would work with contacts also but you need to enable that (tested on iOS 5.0.1).

Do you have iOS 5.0.1 or higher? I'm not familiar with older versions.
If you have iOS 5 you do it like this:
1. Go to Settings
2. Scroll down to Mail, Contacts, Calendars and select this one
3. Select Add Account
4. Now I can see the list of account types (iCloud, Microsoft Exchange, Gmail, Yahoo, Aol, Hotmail,...) Select Hotmail
5. Enter your Hotmail Account (email) and password. Press Next button at the top right
6. At the next menu enable the contact sync because that is disabled by default.

If you have an older iOS I don't know how that would look like but I guess this procedure explains that.
How to Add Free Push Windows Live Hotmail to iPhone Mail - About Email

Thank you very much. I'm at the airport now. When I get home tonight I'll try it. I've been looking for this solution for quite sometime. Thanks again for all your responses.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett