A funny thing with Exchange

KingCrimson

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
So I finally got my Lumia 900 hooked up with my company's Exchange server for email and suddenly I find out that now I'm required to enter password. Going into the Lock settings, the option to turn off password has been disabled remotely. I only get the option to decide how often I have to enter the password. I guess Microsoft put this in as a security measure. Just a bit disturbing.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I have heard of others talking about this. My understanding from reading what has been posted is. This is something that your company has decided to enable. Its a nice feature for your company but a little bit of a pain for you. I keep my lock on and set to 30 minutes. I am on my phone so often I usually only have to enter the code a couple of times a day. Just saying you might try that.

KingCrimson

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Well if I have to enter the code 5-6 times a day then that's the price of having my work email. I can always sever it if it turns out to be more hassle then it's worth.

HerronScott

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Yes, this is something that your company has decided to implement for security reasons. It is not a Microsoft default policy for Exchange.

Scott

KingCrimson

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Yes, this is something that your company has decided to implement for security reasons. It is not a Microsoft default policy for Exchange.

Scott

I guess that's the price I pay for having my work email in my linked inbox. It was cool seeing an Exchange calendar item(meeting for tomorrow) appear on the Calender tile. :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fopaky