LG dumps WP

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
meh honestly I think they WILL be back at some point.
but in the end.. who really cares .. LG makes less then stellar smartphones ( they have only been making them for 1 or 2 years )

let them fail on Android for a few years before they come back to WP. lol

sentimentGX4

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
I never understood why LG Android phones are so unpopular. It's quite obvious why the Quantum flagged; but, their other phones aren't that bad and they're decently priced.

jbjtkbw007

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I never understood why LG Android phones are so unpopular. It's quite obvious why the Quantum flagged; but, their other phones aren't that bad and they're decently priced.

The LTE Revolution on VZW was a failure. No one ever even wanted to look at it. I sold 1. People even took the Thunderbolt over it. It just didn't appeal to anyone at all. They were even giving us spiffs on the device to push it and that didn't help. People just didn't care for it.

cgk

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
We are going to see some exits from the mobile sector, not simply from the WP side but from mobile entirely - the market is completely dominated by two companies and they are sucking up all the revenue and all the profit. OEMs are going to start throwing in the towel.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
If you don't market the **** out of an Android phone, it will get lost in the shuffle of the 1000 other ones. Nobody is going to but the Revolution because nobody has ever heard of it.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site

I had an LG Android phone and it was pure crap. OEM camera app crashed constantly and LG was useless as far as help and support. No software updates. No fixes. Nothing.

I'll NEVER buy an LG phone again and I'll think twice before buying any LG product really. Issues happen, that's forgivable, but how they are handled is very important. My experience with Nokia has been virtually the polar opposite.

There was the data bug with the Lumia 900, which I never even experienced and Nokia had a patch for it within a week and a half AND refunded my $99 for the phone. Outstanding.

I think customer service and competent support is an alien concept to the cheapo Korean Android phone makers.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
The LTE Revolution on VZW was a failure. No one ever even wanted to look at it. I sold 1. People even took the Thunderbolt over it. It just didn't appeal to anyone at all. They were even giving us spiffs on the device to push it and that didn't help. People just didn't care for it.

I owned one.

The WORST phone I've ever had. Absolute pure crap.

keyboardP

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I felt the timing of this announcement was slightly suspect considering that Ballmer is visiting them in May. Maybe hoping for some funding like Nokia is getting? It's clear they haven't sold many WP7 devices but suddenly making this announcement is strange. Either way, I wouldn't be surprised to see them come back on WP8.

Shark87

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
As others have said, not really the biggest loss. LG [Android] phones have tons of issues. The G2X was buggy, the Revolution was bulky w/terrible battery life and its MetroPCS "sister" phone had a reboot issue, the Connect/Lucid/Viper has overheating issues, so on and so forth. If an LG phone works for you, I'm sure they're good (they at least look good on paper) if not well...

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
The G2X was plagued with bugs, my friend is on his third one. They also lag on the updates. LG just doesn't put enough effort behind their phones, so it's really not a loss.

tekhna

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
I felt the timing of this announcement was slightly suspect considering that Ballmer is visiting them in May. Maybe hoping for some funding like Nokia is getting? It's clear they haven't sold many WP7 devices but suddenly making this announcement is strange. Either way, I wouldn't be surprised to see them come back on WP8.

Yeah, I can't help but wonder if Microsoft has created a problem for themselves.. now OEMs think they can extract cash from them. Buying into Nook probably won't help that image either, even if it looks like a really smart choice in some ways. It could end up being that Microsoft essentially bankrolls Barnes and Noble and Nokia..

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Speaking of LG, I just gave my sister and her husband unlocked Quantum's for use on T-Mobile. But I can't for the life of me get MMS working. They can text, but not send pictures over text. I've tried the LG network setup app, plugging in epc.tmobile.com, etc. If anyone knows the right APN info to put in I'd greatly appreciate it. I'd post this in the Quantum section but it's a ghost town. :)

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
What is the lte revolution? Honestly I don't know

shlomo80

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Turns out LG are not ditching WP. As suspected, I'm sure they'll be around for Win 8.

Nevertheless this is the company which brought us the Jil Sander phone.

On a scale of 'not getting it' factor, LG is the polar opposite of Nokia.

They can come back with WP8 but I'm still not buying anything they make if they continue going down that route. If they bring their A-game and premier design (not silly gimmick) chops, then I'll reconsider - as with any other handset maker.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6