Fed-EX tracking numbers in an email

loribinca

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
Total oversight if you ask me .. on my iPhone/iPad it will recognize this long tracking number and kick me into safari to track

on the WP7, it's not that smart (despite it supposedly being a smart-phone) - I am not even able to copy/paste the tracking # to the clipboard to try to track manually from IE

I actually had to open up my iPad to get to the tracking info - I could not do something as simple as pulling up tracking for something I had purchased - that's a pretty sad state of affairs really isn't it?

havox22

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
All I have to do is tap the number and it gives me an option to copy then I open shipping buddy and add it there to get it tracked, just did this last night, but it was a ups tracking #, but shipping buddy handle #s from all the major carriers. I dont see why it wont let you copy it though are you tapping it?

Siah1214

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Just tap the number and copy it... Use parcel tracker to make a live tile with your shipping info...it's pretty awesome. I don't think your iPad can do that.

Zaisaroni

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
Tracky has worked well for me so far, just forward the email to the service, and the app takes care of all the work and updates automatically.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Something is wrong with this. Your shipper has to format the link to make is open the web page I would contact them. This is true in Android phones as well. I'm not sure about iPhone I haven owned one. As for copy and paste, this should work no matter where you are in the phone, email, browser where ever. Are you sure your Focus is running the latest Mango OS update? When was the last time you plugged in to Zune?

loribinca

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
Going back i was able to copy and paste the shipping info into a 3rd party app

Of course I could moan that I thought the whole ethos of windows phone is to save us from the apps and have stuff like tracking stuff baked into the OS

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
I haven't received a FedEx package in a while, but I've been getting UPS confirmation emails and clicking on the tracking number takes me straight to their webapp within IE.

foosball

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
You are right. Should be baked right into Bing and the OS. Time to add this to the list of requests at the Windows Phone suggestion page.

Sent from my HTC Arrive using Board Express

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss