IE9 bests chrome and firefox in published test

Rodolfo#WP

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
The May issue of Laptop magazine has a brief article entitled "Does firefox still matter?". Their "lab" compared the performance of the three leading browsers using three tests:

Sunspider JavaScript
Peacekeeper Benchmark
Open Rates

IE9 easily bested the others on all three benchmarks. I believe chrome came in 2nd on two, and firefox on one -hence the title of the article.

The magazine usually drivels on apple stuff, but it did not include safari in the test -or it did not report on it.

I consulted the issue at my local B&N bookstore; unfortunately, I did not find the article online.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I used to be a Firefox man but switched to IE9 when it was released. Pinning sites is awesome and the speed is great.

ejb222

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I use a combination fo IE9 and Opera. I stared Opera when I tried to learn HTML5 as I think at the time it had better support. I'll have to look into that again.

foosball

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
If IE9 would add a "paste and search" function it would add some missing functionality that currently Chrome implements much better. Other than that IE9 is faster and renders pages in a more aesthetically pleasing way.

Sent from my HTC Arrive using Board Express

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
I tried FF, then went back to IE9. I've been using chrome for the past 2 months, but going back to IE9 again. The features in FF & Chrome are great, but it's more annoying to have to open IE whenever a site doesn't work well. I ain't just talking about MS sites either. There's a reason why the other browsers needs an IE extension. So id rather just stick to IE, because every site works with it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)