The May issue of Laptop magazine has a brief article entitled "Does firefox still matter?". Their "lab" compared the performance of the three leading browsers using three tests:

Sunspider JavaScript
    Peacekeeper Benchmark
    Open Rates

IE9 easily bested the others on all three benchmarks. I believe chrome came in 2nd on two, and firefox on one -hence the title of the article.

The magazine usually drivels on apple stuff, but it did not include safari in the test -or it did not report on it.

I consulted the issue at my local B&N bookstore; unfortunately, I did not find the article online.
    HeyCori likes this.
    05-01-2012 11:14 AM
    I used to be a Firefox man but switched to IE9 when it was released. Pinning sites is awesome and the speed is great.
    05-01-2012 11:17 AM
    I use a combination fo IE9 and Opera. I stared Opera when I tried to learn HTML5 as I think at the time it had better support. I'll have to look into that again.
    05-01-2012 11:30 AM
    If IE9 would add a "paste and search" function it would add some missing functionality that currently Chrome implements much better. Other than that IE9 is faster and renders pages in a more aesthetically pleasing way.

Sent from my HTC Arrive using Board Express
    05-01-2012 11:49 AM
    I tried FF, then went back to IE9. I've been using chrome for the past 2 months, but going back to IE9 again. The features in FF & Chrome are great, but it's more annoying to have to open IE whenever a site doesn't work well. I ain't just talking about MS sites either. There's a reason why the other browsers needs an IE extension. So id rather just stick to IE, because every site works with it.
    05-01-2012 01:23 PM
    Are there any ad blockers for ie9? I cant switch until i find a good one
    05-01-2012 07:01 PM
    It has a native pop up blocker, works great.
    05-01-2012 10:40 PM
    Are there any ad blockers for ie9? I cant switch until i find a good one
    simple-adblock works just as good as adbluck plus, but it's $30 for pro.
    havox22 likes this.
    05-01-2012 10:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD