05-23-2014 11:39 AM
32 12
tools
    Sorry that wasn't meant for you. That was for the wizards of smart that commented on something they obviously don't know anything about.

Thanks for your help!!
    07-03-2013 01:10 PM
    Bluetooth Tethering,

Is there a plan to get in in Windows phone 8? If so when can we expect it to become available for download, as a update, app, or what ever.

Thanks,
    Wouter
    07-24-2013 10:13 AM
    The very popular navigation system Tom Tom recently launched a new range of products.
    BUT, in order to be able to obtain live traffic information, it requires a bluetooth tethering connection.

Of course, this is no problem for users of Iphones, Android phones and Blackberrys...
    But, as Microsoft for some obscure reason decided to discontinue this with Windows phone 7, it cannot obviously be used.

I just experienced this the hard way as I tried to connect my Nokia Lumia 900 (which othewise is a great phone).

Give us a break Microsoft, because you are going to have thousands of customers that will be experiencing the same problem as me due to the popularity of Tom Tom worldwide.

How about that "new agility" that Steve Ballmer has been talking about?
    Take the challenge and address this asap.
    09-20-2013 05:43 PM
    The very popular navigation system Tom Tom recently launched a new range of products.
    BUT, in order to be able to obtain live traffic information, it requires a bluetooth tethering connection.

Of course, this is no problem for users of Iphones, Android phones and Blackberrys...
    But, as Microsoft for some obscure reason decided to discontinue this with Windows phone 7, it cannot obviously be used.

I just experienced this the hard way as I tried to connect my Nokia Lumia 900 (which othewise is a great phone).

Give us a break Microsoft, because you are going to have thousands of customers that will be experiencing the same problem as me due to the popularity of Tom Tom worldwide.

How about that "new agility" that Steve Ballmer has been talking about?
    Take the challenge and address this asap.
    Let me be the first to tell you that there are Einsteins on this forum shredding me and my ideas about BT tethering who will tell you that Nokia Drive allows you to download maps for offline use. It's a great app and I use it myself, but it's so Apple-esque to force users to adopt to their systems. We complain about Apple and their "we know what users want" philosophy and yet MS does the same in some areas.
    09-21-2013 09:22 AM
    Is GDR3 offering this functionality now? I remember I read this in GDR3 feature list but guess need some App to make it exposed to users?
    10-22-2013 08:10 AM
    TomTom is good example why Bluetooth Tethering should be added. But it's not the only case. A lot of new cars have their own internet browsers and a lot of other internet features but they need Bluetooth Tethering to make use of it. With Windows Phone it's impossible.
    04-14-2014 08:10 AM
    I totally Agree. My BMW and the ones of my wife need a Bluettoth PAN connection to use some important feature of the iDrive system (email, sms, maps photo and other cool feature) that are not available anymore form when I've switch from iPhone to WP8. So PAN bluetooth it's a feature that MUST BE PRESENT in a smartphone like a Lumia. I'm waiting for the relaese of 8.1 here in switzerland then I will start to think if go back to iPhone waiting for the 6th gen.
    05-23-2014 11:39 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD