Tired of "Deleting" emails only archiving them? Look no further

Jake_M

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
My friend Jarrett Sorensen (@JetUni), a webOS friend said he was messing with his dad's Lumia 900. He said he found this link

http://m.google.com/sync

Go there on your phone, click Windows phone, and you'll see the option to delete. I'm SOOO much happier I can truly delete emails from my phone and it sends them to the Trash on Gmail.

WOOT. Now for Windows Phone to recognize the multiple accounts I have linked to my Gmail account...

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know if there is a way I can get yahoo mail to actually delete the emails?

Currently when I delete an email from my WP it creates a folder called Deleted Items and puts the emails in there. It does not send them to the Trash. So in order to delete them I have to go into the Deleted Items folder and select them to delete them to the trash.

Frustrating.

BartMiller

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Does this still work? I don't see any mention of Windows Phone at that link. I tried "Sync with a mobile device" but didn't see anything of help.

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
It does work. Go to the website on your mobile device. Choose your device and check the delete as trash option.

I can't find windows phone listed. Im going to the website from my phone using IE with website preference set to Mobile Version. Any ideas?

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Try this link. You may have to use a desktop browser and spoof your user agent to look like an iPhone.

https://m.google.com/sync/settings/iconfig/

thank you :)
The link worked. Im glad I could do this. Just yesterday I spent an hour clearing out emails I had deleted and was cursing Gmail for the trouble.

I have another question..... There was an option to "enable send as from this device". What does that mean?

trwrt

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I guess the 'enable send as" would be if you had multiple addresses configured. For example, I have both my work email and a personal email address forwarded to my gmail account. When I reply to a message, it automatically chooses the right return address based on whether the message was sent to my work or personal account, and when I compose a new message I can choose which address I want to appear in the "From:" line. I assume the "enable send as" option gives you that same choice on your mobile device although I'd guess you would need to have a client specifically written for gmail to use it. If you're accessing it over IMAP it doesn't seem to me like that option would do anything, but maybe someone else knows.

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
I guess the 'enable send as" would be if you had multiple addresses configured. For example, I have both my work email and a personal email address forwarded to my gmail account. When I reply to a message, it automatically chooses the right return address based on whether the message was sent to my work or personal account, and when I compose a new message I can choose which address I want to appear in the "From:" line. I assume the "enable send as" option gives you that same choice on your mobile device although I'd guess you would need to have a client specifically written for gmail to use it. If you're accessing it over IMAP it doesn't seem to me like that option would do anything, but maybe someone else knows.

thanks. :)

trwrt

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I had to use Chrome on my laptop with an extension to change the user agent to make it look like the iPhone browser to make it work. Otherwise it just gives a blurb about Google Sync.

amorenod

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
On the phone, set IE to show mobile sites before trying this. It doesn't show the options if it's set to desktop versions.

Last edited:

buluss

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I once used the https://m.google.com/sync/settings/iconfig/ address to configure my Windows Phone 8, since I had to use multiple calendars as well. This solution worked, HOWEVER:

I had to do a factory reset on my phone, and ever since, the device description from the above site tells me that the last sync had place on the day of the factory reset, and even though I set everything up as before, the settings don't work.

What should I do now? I tried changing the settings and bringing them back, I tried syncing the gmail account time and time again, switched off and on... etc. Nothing worked. Help?

svenhassel

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
after i went to d page,it is asking me to backup my staffs in my pc??????and how should i do dat??????there is no windows phone option ????

I?m stuck there too, what do I have to do next?

It tells me to to to "m.google.com/sync", but if I open the browser on my PC, there is no WP option at all.
It just shows options to configure iphone

DrSARANG MALI

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Hi , I have accidently deleted " DELETE" folder from Gmail account on laptop. But now after soft reset n hard reset it's not showing in Gmail's App on windows phone as well as on my laptop. Those deleted mails can't be seen in trash folder as well. So in case if I want to recover those deleted mails, I couldn't. So how n where to find those deleted mails or how to recover DELETE folder in gmail app.
Thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786