full resolution uploads!!!!

jc0196

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
i don't know if this has been posted before, but i just recently found out that my uploads to facebook via the "share to facebook" is a low quality render of my original photo :( sad, i hope the next update should fix this to an option - web quality OR original quality upload!!!!!

i've seen this suggestion on the suggestion box thing they made, but not seeing much response on that :/

texantony

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I picked up on that my first few times. Installed Facebook app and use it whenever I want to upload full resolution. It's rare that I do though. I also like the app because for some reason it's quicker to create an album without having to load pictures automatically hehe

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Yeah, I picked up on that my first few times. Installed Facebook app and use it whenever I want to upload full resolution. It's rare that I do though. I also like the app because for some reason it's quicker to create an album without having to load pictures automatically hehe

So FB app uploads in full res? Good to know!

dtboos

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully they add the ability to toggle full res uploads for Skydrive in the next major update. I think they will.

Jrexxx

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
It's even worse when I upload panorama shots taken with Nokia Creative Studio :( The photos are super low res... I hope they fix that with an update or something!

jc0196

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
It's even worse when I upload panorama shots taken with Nokia Creative Studio :( The photos are super low res... I hope they fix that with an update or something!

true i think that's what made me realise they are at a low res lol, its like super small when i upload it hahahahaha maybe it would be full res if i share it using the app instead of the pictures hub? nvr tried :/

jc0196

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

yea...i am pretty sure the app uploads full res, but we're using a windows phone!!! one of the most popular feature is to share that photo in an instance :D

welsbloke

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
It never really occurred to me until my daughter pointed out that the uploads to Skydrive were not the originals. I can understand why you would not want this as common practice but I think I would like to have the option to upload originals to Skydrive facebook not so much as that probably is fine.

The problem with this happening with Skydrive is the perception that the Skydrive Camera roll is a backup. Which it is just an inferior one, that fact I never noticed until I was told says a lot.

Makes an *** out of U and me.

Jrexxx

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
It never really occurred to me until my daughter pointed out that the uploads to Skydrive were not the originals. I can understand why you would not want this as common practice but I think I would like to have the option to upload originals to Skydrive facebook not so much as that probably is fine.

The problem with this happening with Skydrive is the perception that the Skydrive Camera roll is a backup. Which it is just an inferior one, that fact I never noticed until I was told says a lot.

Makes an *** out of U and me.
I didn't even bother to use skydrive because the uploads are low res. With 25 free GB on there, it would have made a great backup solution...

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Phone to SkyDrive gives you a lower resolution. But if you upload to SkyDrive via PC it seems to be at full resolution. I have my phone set up to automatically sync to Zune desktop, which points straight to SkyDrive folder, which syncs straight to SkyDrive cloud.

Hypnopottamus

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Phone to SkyDrive gives you a lower resolution. But if you upload to SkyDrive via PC it seems to be at full resolution. I have my phone set up to automatically sync to Zune desktop, which points straight to SkyDrive folder, which syncs straight to SkyDrive cloud.

Do you know if there is a difference in how things get uploaded between the "native" Skydrive upload and the official Skydrive app you can get via the Marketplace? Does it also upload a lower resolution pic?

drankurn

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Does it keep all the pics synced, if yes, can you tell me how you set it up, so that the phone syncs with zune and zune syncs with skydrive? thanks in advance

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Do you know if there is a difference in how things get uploaded between the "native" Skydrive upload and the official Skydrive app you can get via the Marketplace? Does it also upload a lower resolution pic?

I just tried it, and the Skydrive app from Maketplace uploads the original. The native camera upload definitely reduces resolution.

Does it keep all the pics synced, if yes, can you tell me how you set it up, so that the phone syncs with zune and zune syncs with skydrive? thanks in advance

I made another thread, becauss I didn't want to hijack this one.
http://forums.windowscentral.com/skydrive/191307.htm#post1659472

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3