Want an app? Want an App Changed? Email the DEVs.

FriendOrDafoe

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to share something that many users don't think about... everytime I think of an app on another platform I write on their facebook wall or email them. To my suprise, they've respond 9 times out of 10.

Story 1.
I wrote on heytell's wall one day and asked them to port to wp7. The next day they told me "Thank you for your vote we are considering it" 3 months later they messaged me on facebook and said to go check out their app in the market place.

Story 2.
Yesterday I emailed the dev from Fotoroom about their tilt shift needing more drag handels. They emailed me back today and said that I should expect an update very soon with this functionality.

So don't go gripeing on a forum about all the great apps you want. Just email the developer, they love the feedback.

Have you guys ever emailed Developers about getting apps or haveing them changed? Share your stories.

mprice86

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
While I think it's good to encourage this proactive behavior, there is a tendency online for people to feel entitled to things.

I'm not sure if that is any better exemplified by the community around custom ROMs on Android, particularly on low end or less popular devices, where people can be so critical, demanding and self-righteous that it can deter developers from continuing or pursuing projects.

So all I'm saying is; if you're going to get in touch with developers be respectful and polite.

Jrexxx

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
I've tried it three times and haven't gotten any response so i thought I'd stop trying... Here is what I've tried:
1. livescore.com WP app, I sent them an email;
2. Viber, just asking an ETA or anything helpful via twitter;
3. All bikes now (an app that shows you bikes that you can rent near you on android and iOS) via email, no reply:(

So here I am again complaining on a forum :p

apoelin

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I've tried it three times and haven't gotten any response so i thought I'd stop trying... Here is what I've tried:
1. livescore.com WP app, I sent them an email;
2. Viber, just asking an ETA or anything helpful via twitter;
3. All bikes now (an app that shows you bikes that you can rent near you on android and iOS) via email, no reply:(

So here I am again complaining on a forum :p
Hmm.. livescore.com should be very easy to do. You sure there isn't anything similar on the Marketplace? Otherwise I'll give it a go!

ousooner314

May 6, 2011
Visit site
I always make it a point to communicate directly with the developer when I encounter issues (or requesting an app to be released for WP). From my experience, the big developers (ESPN, Weather Channel, Pandora, etc.), have either been non-responsive (except for generic automated emails), or vague to the point where you feel like you've been given the cold shoulder. The only exception to this is MyFitnessPal - their customer support was excellent for a big app developer.
I've always had great luck with the indie developers - WPCentral, BBC News, SkyMap, etc. have been extremely receptive to suggestions and feedback, and very prompt in their communications.
I'll continue to communicate with developers and provide my feedback, but my experience has always been more positive with the indie developers. Just my experience, though!

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
One thing we must recognize is that it takes some time to make changes to these apps. The developers might be hard at work on a number of projects so we can't expect them to jump immediately because our post/e-mail was very policially correct and informative. Sometimes the task we are asking for may not be as easy as we think it should be. Just let it be known that the app has some missing functionality or something could be better and let that be that. Close mouths don't get fed. Doesn't hurt to ask. Just be patient and hope for the best.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3