The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
    In my old car (with a Nokia car-kit) text to voice worked brilliantly.

Got a new car with integrated phone kit, connected it up via Bluetooth no problem at all.

But there's no obvious way of getting text to voice to work. It simply worked the last time.

A friend has a Jag and that has the same problem with his LG (Mango updated).

Anyone else had a problem with text to voice in a car with an integrated phone kit?

Thanks
    GG
    05-03-2012 12:34 PM
    My car has integrated Bluetooth and it works just fine. when text come in it reads them and i can respond and send. I can also have my car initiate the voice to text

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    05-03-2012 12:56 PM
    My car has integrated Bluetooth and it works just fine. when text come in it reads them and i can respond and send. I can also have my car initiate the voice to text

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    Thanks - will have to do some more digging.

Car is a Range Rover Evoque.

Everything else is working perfectly - even the bluetooth music streaming to the car worked without a hitch.
    05-03-2012 12:57 PM
    You may have to adjust options under settings/speech/play audio confirmation/[make sure Bluetooth is at least selected]
    DUB_GG likes this.
    05-03-2012 02:51 PM
    In my old car (with a Nokia car-kit) text to voice worked brilliantly.

Got a new car with integrated phone kit, connected it up via Bluetooth no problem at all.

But there's no obvious way of getting text to voice to work. It simply worked the last time.

A friend has a Jag and that has the same problem with his LG (Mango updated).

Anyone else had a problem with text to voice in a car with an integrated phone kit?

Thanks
    GG
    Same issue here do you mind telling us the car brand? That may help...
    05-23-2012 07:49 AM
    There are numerous Bluetooth "protocols" - so if your car supports a lower version than your WP7 device, you may be able to do things like transfer audio but you wouldn't be able to do voice to text.

Bluetooth - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Its a common problem with integrated car audio systems.
    05-23-2012 08:56 AM
    Mine works, but the audio is incredibly low on my Lumia 900. Audio was fine with Titan, Focus S, HD7S, and original Focus. (I do testing so a lot of phones pass my me.)
    05-23-2012 04:14 PM
    I have a 2007 Acura TL with hands free integrated Bluetooth and if I turn the Bluetooth on the Lumia speech to text immediately stops working. That sucks as the most useful place for speech to text is in your car. Not linked to the car it works great...
    Last edited by Xerxes10; 05-24-2012 at 10:31 AM.
    05-23-2012 09:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD