1 week on WP7 coming from BlackBerry [Connectivity?]

moe1up

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys,

I am new to WP7, but had WM for years before I switched to BB 2 years ago. I just purchased a Lumia 900 last week coming from a Bold 9900. I have to say that I love the Lumia, but I was expecting more connectivity with other Microsoft products, mainly Windows 7. I know there is some capabilities with XBox, but I don't have one. Seems like I should be able to do more with Windows 7 from my phone other than auto-sync music. I tried bluetooth as well to no avail. Is this it? I have been searching and haven't found anything. Loving the phone, but please tell me there is more to come. Thanks.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
It is my opinion that MS diliberately skipped Windows 7 and are/have been in developement for greater integration with Windows 8.

moe1up

May 4, 2012
Visit site
It is my opinion that MS diliberately skipped Windows 7 and are/have been in developement for greater integration with Windows 8.

Ok...I can see the logic with this. I was a little disheartened because I bought the Lumia spontaneously and thought for sure there would be something there. One of the main things I loved about my Bold 9900 combo and PlayBook was the ability to watch my shows on my tv with the PB connected and use my phone as a remote. Literally as I bought my Lumia, I thought...if BlackBerry has that feature with their products, surely MS would. Guess I was wrong. Hopefully WP8 and W8 will integrate that some how.

ZRemote is the closest thing I could find to deliver some intergration, without fully remoting into the pc. I don't need to go that far all the time, but just simple functions like send a .doc or .pdf without Skydrive all the time.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I expect that future interaction will more and more involve the Cloud, and less with local PCs. To the point where tethering will no longer be necessary or possible. Just my two cents.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

pjs37

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I think the plan (And this is just from what I hear on Windows Weekly) is that the Zune Desktop Software is going away. In Windows 8 your login will be mainly your Windows Live account as such it will have tighter integration with Skydrive. Files you want transfered between devices will be there. I think they also discussed that with the Music App in Windows 8 (Both for the Phone and Desktop) you could control playback of your XBox system similar to AirPlay.

Seketh

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I think the plan (And this is just from what I hear on Windows Weekly) is that the Zune Desktop Software is going away. In Windows 8 your login will be mainly your Windows Live account as such it will have tighter integration with Skydrive. Files you want transfered between devices will be there. I think they also discussed that with the Music App in Windows 8 (Both for the Phone and Desktop) you could control playback of your XBox system similar to AirPlay.

June and Windows 8 Release Preview should shed some light on what's coming next.

If Microsoft were still keeping Zune as we know it today, they wouldn't have closed down the Marketplace in the application.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism