Is their any good (not broken) music streaming app?

choover

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
So I'm new to windows phone as of 4 weeks ago. So far it's been pretty good but I can't find a good music streaming app to save my live.

Metroradio WAS good- but now it doesn't load anymore (I head this is because pandora changed their API?)

I heart radio will no longer load any stations for me (does anyone else have this issue?)

And Spotify looked promising but it ALWAYS thinks I'm in offline mode no matter if I'm on 3G or wifi... Is this a bug or does spotify only go to online mode if you pay for it?

Anyway- does anyone have any suggestions on what else is out there? I've use my phone a tone for streaming music in the past- I may try out an iphone 4S if there are no other good streaming options. I love OS of windows phone but this is getting a little frustrating.

Thanks for your help!

ousooner314

May 6, 2011
Visit site
For iHeartRadio, uninstalling/reinstalling the app fixes the streaming issue.

I've had good luck with TuneIn Radio for streaming, but it doesn't allow you to create your own stations. However, it does have a variety of Internet stations to choose from. Hope this helps!

dannejanne

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Why not get a Zune Music Pass?

Spotify is crap. The app is buggy and worthless. As it is for any other mobile OS.

I cancelled my Spotify subscription two weeks ago and got a Zune Pass. Best thing I've done in a long time because you get to use the Zune player!

cluberti

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Been using a Zune Pass for years, and moving from a Zune (2nd gen) to a WP device made it more useful. I still have the 10 tracks a month plan, so I can't say how useful the price would be if it was just streaming, but it would be a decent amount cheaper than what I'm paying now too so I still think it might be worth it.

Happysin

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Been using a Zune Pass for years, and moving from a Zune (2nd gen) to a WP device made it more useful. I still have the 10 tracks a month plan, so I can't say how useful the price would be if it was just streaming, but it would be a decent amount cheaper than what I'm paying now too so I still think it might be worth it.
The price is $5/month cheaper without the tracks, so there is that.

I also love my Zune plan.

AzD

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Last FM works well, for Pandora-like streaming.
Its also integrated into the music/Zune hub.

Not having any problems with iHeart radio, listening to it right now.

pderosa

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Zune Music Pass is great. I signed up for the 14 day free trial and just let it renew for my first month. I'm able to listen to new albums on the day they are released while my wife is wondering if it would be worth paying to download them through iTunes. Yeah, you don't own the music, but how many old CD's do you have just sitting around our house that you never listen to anymore.

choover

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Thanks guys, reinstalling iheart fixed it. And I'm trying Last.FM now. Seems like some workable options!

Not using Zune pass only cause I'm cheap :)

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I use last.fm exclusively. You can also pin artists to the homepage, and the tiles flip, so you get a bit of customization.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3