Calendar Bug?

jonyd1

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Hi all - I was wondering if anyone else has run into this issue: I have a calendar on my google account that I sync between mozilla lightning (thunderbird), and my phone. I had appointments in the calendar that I setup when I was in EST time zone, but I had to fly to the PST recently, and now all of my appointments on my phone are showing up 3 hours early.

For example, I had an appointment for tomorrow that I made in Mozilla Lightning when I was in EST for 9am to 12pm. I synced the calendar, and it shows up on my phone as 9am to 12pm (correct). Then I flew to PST, and my phone now shows the appointment as 6am to 9am. Even when I now create a new event in Lightning and sync it, it shows up 3 hours early on my phone (just created an event for 5pm, and it shows up on the phone as 2pm - all of this while I am in PST).

I tried syncing again on my phone as well as the calendar, but it doesn't make a difference. I also tried turning the sync off on the phone, then turning it on again, but it still shows the wrong time. If I try to move the appointment on my phone to 9am then sync, it shows up on Google Calendar/Lightning as 3pm to 6pm. Everything syncs properly between Lightning and Google Calendar, just not the phone.

Is it possible to just get the calendar to display events in EST or something. Any help in sorting this would be great! Thanks!

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
The time didn't change technically. if you have a meeting on the west coast, you should be able to set it for that time locally for example, can you make it 9am PST for the meeting instead of just 9am?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3