Dark or Light Theme?

Idelgado782

May 2, 2012
Visit site
I use the dark because it uses less battery. I like the light but the length of battery is way more important. I have dark with red accents.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

kiddori

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
I forgot to say why I like the dark. Because I often use my phone in dark rooms and it is gentler on my eyes. I love the WP dark theme. :) ....and I use the Nokia Blue accent.

One thing I think is cool with WP, is that some apps (do all?) change with the theme. I've made my app to have both a dark and light them and changes appropriately.

cluberti

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Dark with Mango, Red, Green, or Blue depending on my mood that week. I too prefer dark over light due to ease of reading in low-light situations, but sometimes I just like to switch it up with Mango or Blue. Against the black on an AMOLED screen, the Mango is really kinda cool IMHO.

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
In terms of visual appeal, white is a million times nicer (and I should say, more approachable) than black. However, the front faces of our devices are black, and white drains more battery on AMOLED screens.

If I had a phone with a completely white front face and LCD screen, I'd definitely go white.

cluberti

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I like white, but it's easier (for me) to read white text against a colored background rather than the opposite. My eyes are crap though, so I suppose that's not too unexpected.

poxme

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm using HTC radar its slcd so white it is. Coupled with stormtrooper wallpaper is way to go...

Sent from my Radar C110e using Board Express

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm using HTC radar its slcd so white it is. Coupled with stormtrooper wallpaper is way to go...

Do you get a small black border around your screen? Or is it actually seamless between the screen edge and the white front?

poxme

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Yes I do, its pretty normal even with lumia phones. So does with white iphones

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Even though my phone is black I still love the light theme. I really think it looks nicer and there's no battery concern for LCD screens. Light theme with teal or mango looks great.

Sent from my HTC Trophy using Board Express

boss.king

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Depends. If I'm outside a lot, then light, but usually dark. I find it easier to read in the dark. I've tried most accents too but keep coming back to teal and blue.

anotherhawkeye

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
Changing the color scheme is fun, so I change every few days like changing wallpaper. Actually it's my 4 year olds favorite activity.

Wish there is a way to change the background from light to dark based on the time of the day automatically. I like white background, but it hurts eye in dark rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa