Dark or Light Theme?

kiddori

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, the white Lumia 900 is very classy. I thought the cyan was the king but the white one totally overshadows it.

Anyway, back to topic. Dark or Light?

DanSmithKY

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Sorry, didn't mean to highjack the thread. :) I use the dark theme, and with an OLED screen, you almost have to. The blacks just look so good. Oh, and there's the whole battery life thing too, I suppose.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Dark all the way... it's easier on my eyes than a bright white screen, it looks much more modern and sleek IMO too.

I never use the light theme, I can't stand it. In fact, I'd go as far to say that the dark theme is one of my favorite things about WP. if there weren't a dark theme I don't know that I would have even gone with Windows Phone....it would have been a much harder decision.

dannejanne

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Dark all the way... it's easier on my eyes than a bright white screen, it looks much more modern and sleek IMO too.

I never use the light theme, I can't stand it. In fact, I'd go as far to say that the dark theme is one of my favorite things about WP. if there weren't a dark theme I don't know that I would have even gone with Windows Phone....it would have been a much harder decision.

Agreed. It's the dark OS that I urged for (and that it looks modern of course in its design). If it had been white only I would probably had stayed on Android. I always prefer dark because it's easy on the eyes specially at night. And it just looks so damn good on a amoled screen. White hurts my eyes. But the amoled white is at least "softer" than the TFT whites.

Bottom line. Always dark never light on my WP phone.

killstr3ak

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I've been using a dark background with teal accents, but today I switched to a white background with purple accents. Feels like I've got a new phone!

lol.. I know exactly what you mean... (I have the HTC Radar) and I use the dark with blue accents 90%+ of the time... And I do almost sometimes feel like I have a new phone when I switch the wallpaper and theme.

After seeing this thread, I decided to switch it up to Light w/ Mango for a bit :)

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
I have not changed my theme since I first got the phone...actually forgot about the themes.

But now...I don't know which one I like best.

Always had Dark/Blue

joemd60

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I as well prefer a dark theme, easier on the battery. And definately easier on the eyes, especially since mine are so light sensitive.
But light or dark, my Terrific Trophy is still Terrific! :D

kiddori

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
I love it how most apps, including mine, can have both a dark and light theme version and that the app version switches automatically when the user switch OS themes. Thumbs up for WP. :)

sting7k

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Dark theme all the way. Always liked apps on my iPhone that had white on black. I find it easier to read. Plus with the screen of the Lumia 900 the black backgrounds and contrast against the colors just pop and look awesome IMO.

I've gotten a number of comments too on it, people have specifically mentioned they like white text/colors on black background a lot.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Well I prefer the light them I used that mostly with the focus. With the Lumia 900 mine is black and I have switched several times back to light but mostly I stick with dark ad Nokia blue. I have a black ATT gel case but ordered a generic dark red one hoping to achieve the dark red Nokia WP8 concept look!

Hammered Pizza

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Was originally a fan of the dark theme, but white feels more natural, especially when most of the apps are white. Makes IE feel better too.

Battery impact seems pretty negligible - how much time are you lot spending in the menus?

Currently rocking light with red accents. I'm a Gooner :D

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I coordinate my theme based on the liturgical year. I'm a dorky pastor ;). I love Easter, but I don't like the white theme on WP7, too bright.

jaj324

Banned
May 12, 2012
Visit site
Always dark. It looks better, uses less juice and makes better use of the screen technology.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

DanielCeleste

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
For me it depends on two things:
1. When in sunlight use white
2. Dark environ,ends, black

But what ultimately decides should be the face of your phone - is it black or white?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786