Still loving your Windows Phone???

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
the intense hatred of android in these forums is laughable...

People owned the cheapest android phones with 500mhz processors then complain that android is slow.

Ics is amazing, most of the comments against android are blatantly people who have never used it spouting "I heard this" rumors and bs.

Until I can control seperate ringtones at the very freakin least, I'll never come back to wp7.

Sorry but style is not better than substance imo.

Ice cream sandwich has greatly improved android like you said and there is certainly a big difference between a cheap android and a high end device. With that said I've decided to remain with WP until November because I really enjoy my phone in spite of the weaknesses of the platform.

UVSoaked

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
I still love my Focus, but each day I still think about getting a Lumia 900, but I'm hoping for a Nokia WP8 device with PureView.

My Focus is still pretty slick, but the screen burn-in is getting worse throughout each day and I don't find it as sexy as I first did when I got it. :( haha

I'm surprised how durable it is though. Was running up a stone brick path and it fell out on to them. It only left a little scratch on the bottom. Couldn't believe it.

Last edited:

poxme

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Love simplicity...too much complications in my life, with this phone its easy and stylish...

Sent from my Radar C110e using Board Express

N8ter

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
You don't like seeing the hatred of android then you are more than welcome to go somewhere else. We can say whatever we want about other OSes here on WPCentral. I'm sure the boys at android central got plenty negative things to say about WP but I'm not there to see it.

So basically you T**** Android users and then hide behind the fact that this is a WP7-centric forum to try to justify it by saying we can bash anything or anyone and call them derogatory names but they either have to deal with it or GTFO? (as long as that anything or anyone isn't WP7 or a WP7 "******", I reckon?)

I almost want to report your post, but that's beneath me. Maybe someone else will...

Your hostility is teethering on illogical at this point. I really don't understand the reason for it.

Last edited:

nascarnate326

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I am but I feel like a beta tester currently. Microsoft needs to add some features ASAP.

1. Screen shot
2. Battery Life - must be improved
3. Clock/Battery Percentage should stay at the top of the screen.
4. Live tiles should have options to move more. Half the time my "home screen" is just a bunch of blue icons.

pdangcil

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Amen for the screen shot feature. This is one thing lacking that I really want and need - the only thing I miss from my iPhone 4s.

Sent from my PI39100 using Board Express

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Then go to MS suggestion site or get the app in the marketplace and find someones post asking for this and vote for it so that MS may add it later if there's enough interest and demand. It's more effective than just talking about it here. and not following up on your comments and wishes.

jbjtkbw007

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I am but I feel like a beta tester currently. Microsoft needs to add some features ASAP.

1. Screen shot
2. Battery Life - must be improved
3. Clock/Battery Percentage should stay at the top of the screen.
4. Live tiles should have options to move more. Half the time my "home screen" is just a bunch of blue icons.

1. I'd like this eventually
2. Seriously? Mine rocks on the Lumia 900
3. This has never bothered me. I don't mind it disappearing as it shows as less clutter
4. Why? More movement is potentially distracting. It's quite engaging as is

madhouse1616

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Then go to MS suggestion site or get the app in the marketplace and find someones post asking for this and vote for it so that MS may add it later if there's enough interest and demand. It's more effective than just talking about it here. and not following up on your comments and wishes.

Amen to that...

The platform is coming along; sure there are some things they could have implemented sooner/better but just like android things take time to get implemented...

capus5

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Yes still loving my WP7 phone. The phone has so much already built in that some apps are not needed. Just got Nokia City Lens for my 900 it is great! As an AT&T sales person told me when I ask what the iphone can do that I cannot? He said it is what you can do that the iphone cannot! whenever I use my phone others around me ask qestions about it than just like at their phone with question! LOL

capus5

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Oh and Displaymate just tested 5 smartphones(the 4s and galaxy s was in there) and some tablets and they said that the Nokia 900 had the best display!

capus5

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
1. I'd like this eventually
2. Seriously? Mine rocks on the Lumia 900
3. This has never bothered me. I don't mind it disappearing as it shows as less clutter
4. Why? More movement is potentially distracting. It's quite engaging as is
I agree the 900 rocks. Yes I would love screen shot, but that does make or break the phone with tons of other things it has like Office on the phone, Xbox live, cammera button on the side and the intergration is just like no other phone.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
the intense hatred of android in these forums is laughable...

People owned the cheapest android phones with 500mhz processors then complain that android is slow.

Ics is amazing, most of the comments against android are blatantly people who have never used it spouting "I heard this" rumors and bs.

Until I can control seperate ringtones at the very freakin least, I'll never come back to wp7.

Sorry but style is not better than substance imo.

I had an Android with a 1 ghz Snapdragon processor, 512 MB of RAM, 800x480 screen, running Android 2.3.4

I'll be the first to admit you can do a lot more with Android than you can with Windows Phone. In the end, I had to ask myself what was most important to me. Having a lot of additional features, most of which I didn't use, or having an OS that is a lot more uniform, responsive and intuitive. For me, Windows Phone is just a lot more pleasant to live with day to day.

I found Android irritating the more I used it. The way different apps seem to vary wildly in the UI schemes and behaviors they have. There's almost too many choices. It's hard to get settled with the phone and get on with your life. Constant tweaking and re-ordering of things keeps calling you. In addition to that, I found while Android was very capable, it just got some of the fundamental things wrong.

I will grant you that ICS is a significant improvement to the UI in general, but the whole Android paradigm seems broken to me. Here you have this much improved OS, and most Android users can't even get it and lots of phones are still being sold with Gingerbread installed. The fragmentation is ridiculous. The garbage OEM skins you're locked into add to the chaos of UI inconsistency and they undermine Android's already janky UI performance.

Android wasn't for me. The Galaxy Nexus is the only Android phone that's remotely appealing to me, only because it has ICS and it's free of the stupid OEM skins and bloatware that you normally need to root the phone to get rid of, but ultimately I still have a hard time trusting Android after the experience I had and I just wasn't comfortable with Samsung's cheap and flimsy feeling lightweight plastic construction. Maybe it's just a cosmetic concern, but the Samsung phones feel like cheap toys to me, where my Nokia Lumia feels like a quality piece which will last and wear well over the length of a contract.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I had an Android with a 1 ghz Snapdragon processor, 512 MB of RAM, 800x480 screen, running Android 2.3.4

I'll be the first to admit you can do a lot more with Android than you can with Windows Phone. In the end, I had to ask myself what was most important to me. Having a lot of additional features, most of which I didn't use, or having an OS that is a lot more uniform, responsive and intuitive. For me, Windows Phone is just a lot more pleasant to live with day to day.

I found Android irritating the more I used it. The way different apps seem to vary wildly in the UI schemes and behaviors they have. There's almost too many choices. It's hard to get settled with the phone and get on with your life. Constant tweaking and re-ordering of things keeps calling you. In addition to that, I found while Android was very capable, it just got some of the fundamental things wrong.

I will grant you that ICS is a significant improvement to the UI in general, but the whole Android paradigm seems broken to me. Here you have this much improved OS, and most Android users can't even get it and lots of phones are still being sold with Gingerbread installed. The fragmentation is ridiculous. The garbage OEM skins you're locked into add to the chaos of UI inconsistency and they undermine Android's already janky UI performance.

Android wasn't for me. The Galaxy Nexus is the only Android phone that's remotely appealing to me, only because it has ICS and it's free of the stupid OEM skins and bloatware that you normally need to root the phone to get rid of, but ultimately I still have a hard time trusting Android after the experience I had and I just wasn't comfortable with Samsung's cheap and flimsy feeling lightweight plastic construction. Maybe it's just a cosmetic concern, but the Samsung phones feel like cheap toys to me, where my Nokia Lumia feels like a quality piece which will last and wear well over the length of a contract.
As lucid and coherent as your comment was, get ready for the haters. I feel the same way about Android. It is ridiculous that you need a task manager app and even worse that you need to pin it to your home screen because you use it so much to keep things going relatively smooth. I don't know of any other current OS that keeps more than 5 progs running in the background (maybe iOS, not sure).

jbjtkbw007

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site

I'm not gonna hate on you. I only used high end Android phones because I didn't want to 'feel' like I was missing out on something. All I was missing out on was the next thing if I didn't get it right away. Oh....and wondering if I would be getting an upgrade to the next OS. That REALLY gets old. The whole ICS thing was a huge letdown for me with the Bionic. That was supposedly a 'hero' phone and then it got delayed and remodeled. Then, it comes out in September/October. To make matters worse...here comes the Razr right after. The Bionic quickly became the redheaded step child. The data loss issue sucked. They wouldn't even do a software update to make it compatible with the Lapdock 500 so that you could use the webcam on it (you'll have to look it up if you don't know what that is). I was just over it.

Just because you CAN do more, doesn't make you the better option. Doesn't help that you can do more, but do a shoddy job of it while you're at it. Oh that's right....that's why you need more ponies under the hood because you're breathing so hard. :dry

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
So basically you T**** Android users and then hide behind the fact that this is a WP7-centric forum to try to justify it by saying we can bash anything or anyone and call them derogatory names but they either have to deal with it or GTFO? (as long as that anything or anyone isn't WP7 or a WP7 "******", I reckon?)

I almost want to report your post, but that's beneath me. Maybe someone else will...

Your hostility is teethering on illogical at this point. I really don't understand the reason for it.

let's not forget that you got perm banned from XDA.

basenjimamma

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Well...I am a fairly new WP user and I love it...came from several versions of Androids, Samsung Galaxy, My Touch, my touch 3g etc, sent several of these phones back as they all had a problem or another, they worked, but got more sluggish as the days went by...have had my windows phone for about three weeks now...wow...love how easy it is to use, love the ME tile, the people tile...shoot all of the tiles...lol....and it is fast..
I have an oddball WP..the Venue Pro..odd ball since it is pretty dated..but I love how it looks and worksand the added keyboard could come in handy, I also really like the heft of this phone, seems sturdy and wellbuilt (probably just fake but either way..)....so no beef from me.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Well...I am a fairly new WP user and I love it...came from several versions of Androids, Samsung Galaxy, My Touch, my touch 3g etc, sent several of these phones back as they all had a problem or another, they worked, but got more sluggish as the days went by...have had my windows phone for about three weeks now...wow...love how easy it is to use, love the ME tile, the people tile...shoot all of the tiles...lol....and it is fast..
I have an oddball WP..the Venue Pro..odd ball since it is pretty dated..but I love how it looks and worksand the added keyboard could come in handy, I also really like the heft of this phone, seems sturdy and wellbuilt (probably just fake but either way..)....so no beef from me.
No oddball there. I own two of them (wifey is a new convert) and their biggest shortcoming is the cheap wi-fi chip Dell gave us that won't broadcast infrastructure so we can't have Internet Sharing. USB works though. Your impression is the same as mine, it does "feel" like a solidly built device with the weight and I gots to have a physical keyboard.

fisci

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
As lucid and coherent as your comment was, get ready for the haters. I feel the same way about Android. It is ridiculous that you need a task manager app and even worse that you need to pin it to your home screen because you use it so much to keep things going relatively smooth. I don't know of any other current OS that keeps more than 5 progs running in the background (maybe iOS, not sure).

I own a skyrocket and NEVER once had to use a task killer....

This right here shows you have zero idea as to how android works.

I doubt you've ever even used a high end android.

I have not had any issues ever, and since getting ics, my phone is better than ever.

These arguments are ridiculous. People have no understanding of something but hate away.

This is the only forum I've ever seen so much hatred or disinformation.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karyrney