Still loving your Windows Phone???

infamousdaveman

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I sure am!! Sometimes I just turn it on to scroll up and down my tiles, seeing what flips, seeing who it choses to display on my peoples hub, little things like that. I especially find myself enjoying my phone even more when I pick up someone else's android or iphone. It just seems so much funner being a windows phone user, I couldnt imagine switching. Case in point, my coworker really liked my phone(samsung focus s) and since he was jumping from verizon to tmobile, he was planning on getting the Lumia 710 but ended up grabbing an HTC Amaze due to the camera. When I came into work, he handed me his phone to show it off and play with it. My lord, it was IMO very basic, was much harder to navigate, and he asked me to help him with a few tasks and it felt like i as pulling teeth to accomplish them. I did think the overall design was nice, the cam did look very robust, but all it really did is make me love my phone even more. Does anyone else feel this way?

I feel so passionate about WIndows Phone because it feels like it really is just an extension of ME. Not some tool or device, but an actual part of me that works in unison with what i want, not the other way around. Ive converted four people to the windows phone cause and whats truly amazing is that they end up feeling exactly how I do, like "where have you been all my life" kind of feelings LOL.

Ive been rocking my Focus S for over 6 months now and instead of losing its luster or becoming stale, I just find it even more appealing and more enjoyable each passing day. Im proud to say I ventured out from the pack and tried something new. I havent looked back since and I feel WIndows Phone has a very bright future. How do you feel about your windows phone????

Seketh

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm using my Optimus 7 since September 2011 and I love my Windows Phone.

It's weird, but the only thing that gets me down are the constant waves of unfair negative articles about Windows Phone, and all the trolls doing their thing on the forums.

But then I get reminded by people like you, that actually have and use a Windows Phone, that it's a fantastic OS.

I too can't imagine switching. I look at Android or iOS and they just feel old and completely stagnant, I'm also in too deep on how WP actually works, I just feel like a fish out of water using those other OS.

I became an active member on various forums simply because I kept seeing a lot of lies and unfair criticism of Windows Phone, and many other people like me are bringing the hammer down on the bull**** constantly being written around the web.

But I think that the tide is starting to turn, and like I said on another forum a few months ago, qualitity will eventually prevail over popularity, and Windows Phone = Quality.

Idelgado782

May 2, 2012
Visit site
I just came from an Android phone two weeks ago and so far in really happy that I switched. I got the Lumia 900 in black. I love that all my social networking is integrated into the phone and I don't have to go into the apps to what's going on. The battery life is awesome and the phone is fast! I'm trying to get the other people on my family plan to convert because the phone is so great.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Yup. Sure am. I wish more ppl around the world would jump on the train. We need all the help we can get so folks will want to support our fav OS. The more support, the more advancements in the system. I do alot with this phone. It keeps me in touch and informed so well. Might not be a PC in my pocket, but it sure does enough for me. I'm done competing in the specs war with android. Specs mean nothing if the experience isn't up to par. I've had minimal issues on my Wp7 device.

Kredrian

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
I could never go back to iOS, it feels outdated, stale, and it seems like the phones make you conform to them. Windows Phone is all about you, and for that I will stay with it.

axispraxis

May 4, 2012
Visit site
yep, still loving mine (reminds me of an old scorpions tune, "still loving you"). anyway, was going to get the windows phone a couple years ago when it came out, but me and the family decided on the iphone. after two years of using the iphone (good phone), was ready to move to the windows phone. i have kept my eye on the windows phone, watching it progress. i jumped when i saw the nokia lumia 900. was going to jump anyway, but the lumia was the icing on the cake. like all os/devices, they grow and learn and the windows phone will be no exception. again, still loving my phone, enjoying the ride.

regards

kevm14

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I played with an iPhone 4S recently. The one thing I will say is the touch response was better than my Titan, as well as the smoothness of scrolling while my finger was on the screen. Other than that, I did not like it. Ridiculously small screen. You could cram as many pixels as you want and it still wouldn't matter.

xalasten

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
I just recently came over from android ( Atrix ) to a BB (9810) and now have a Lumia 710. Before the Atrix I was a webOS user and loved it. It just worked the way I thought it should and I get that same feeling from my Lumia. I LOVE it. Battery life is great, super responsive and a boot up of about 15 seconds compared to 2 minutes on Atrix and 9810.

I will keep using WP until there are no more phones that run it.

Last edited:

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm closer to jumping to Android than ever before. The One X has such a great camera and display. I'm tired of missing features but I'm too attached for the Me tile and Other exclusives.

poxme

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Android is very messy...i like the me, and people tiles and its simplicity...

Sent from my Radar C110e using Board Express

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I converted several months ago from webOS and I can't get over how smooth and intuitive this OS is. Windows Phone got such a bad rap because it conjures up images of Windows Mobile and people don't realize the difference is like Windows 7 and Windows Millenium Edition (whew, what a nightmare that was). It's good that Nokia is doing the media blitz they are because the word is getting out. Don't let the haters get under your skin, they are like having the crabs. The more you scratch your nuts, the happier they get. :D

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I have had my HTC HD7 since November of 2010, had a lumia for about 25 days, and now have the Titan II. I should have just gotten the Titan II in the first place. The camera is freaken awesome. They should have put this camera in the HD7, that would be the perfect size for a phone. Funny thing is that the Titan and Lumia feel like the same size only the Titan screen is huge, and it looks much nicer than the lumia except for the deeeeeeep blacks, the other colors on the lumia are enhanced way to much and look bad.

I love the Windows Phone OS, Even in GEN 1 devices it was so much "different" than anything else.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I'm closer to jumping to Android than ever before. The One X has such a great camera and display. I'm tired of missing features but I'm too attached for the Me tile and Other exclusives.

Um...yea this isn't the topic of the thread. Posts like these kill the mood and ruin the community, this is one of the first positive threads I seen on this site besides all the doom and gloom ones. Anyway I can't imagine myself on any other OS other than WP and picking up my moms android or my sisters iPod touch reminds me of this.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Same here. I'm in the tech industry. Ive had cell phones since the day that they came in a small suitcase. This is the first time that i feel the tech is getting sublime. To this point, it has been something that was intrusive and something obligatory to my industry. Now, this is a SIMPLE, unobtrusive device that I carry with me thar just WORKS. It's not something I have to manage, it just IS. Whether it's in my pocket or on my desk, I NEVER think about it anymore. I just check it when I want to. It's still able to meet all my tech needs, but it is becoming part of the background and letting me get back to the important things in my life. I find I am spending less time thinking and worrying about it. It's a resource that just IS.

btbam91

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm a Samsung Focus S user myself! I love how the Samoled Plus screen make the colors pop! I'm a little discouraged by Samsung's lack of support for the platform though. I'm ready to jump on the Nokia bandwagon!

poxme

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
One thing I can say about Android is that they're trying to please everyone, bloated.

Sent from my Radar C110e using Board Express

Forgewizard

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfang View Post

Um...yea this isn't the topic of the thread. Posts like these kill the mood and ruin the community, this is one of the first positive threads I seen on this site besides all the doom and gloom ones. Anyway I can't imagine myself on any other OS other than WP and picking up my moms android or my sisters iPod touch reminds me of this

Looks to me like this thread started with a QUESTION to the general user:

"Still loving your Windows phone?"

I'm with Winterfang -I have been asking questions of co-workers with Android phones, perusing Android forums and comparing devices. There are many things about Windows Phone that are enjoyable, but on the whole its been a let down, and I pretty much feel "stuck with" due to contract obligations.

At this point, I'm just floating along hoping that the Apollo update will rescue WP and MAYBE, just MAYBE there will be real integration with Windows 8 Tablet in the fall.

So to answer the QUESTION posed by the OP:

No, I am NOT still LOVING my Windows Phone, I'm just tolerating it.

Just THINK of the hordes of people that would flock to Windows Phone devices if so many of the basic features it is lacking were actually working AND the smooth clear OS could display the devices' strengths?

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
To the OP: Sounds like your friend didn't probably even take the time to set his home screens up LOL. I'm sure if he did, navigation would've been better.

As for me, I'm loving the fact that I am owning a Nokia. Haven't owned one since 2007, right before the invasion of messaging phones and the introduction of smartphones. Feels like I'm back home. Having a problem with the battery right now. For two days in the row, the battery has drained pretty fast in just idling. Will look into it (possibly even reset the phone to start over) but other than that, still loving it

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)