What apps would you like to see?

dannejanne

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
What we really need to have is for WP users to help "sell" more WP's. Yeah, it's hard to convert an apple kool-aid drinker to Windows right now. But, if we can convince some of the Android users and regular phone users to switch to WP, that will get our numbers up and ultimately, get us more apps.

I'm doing this as much as I can but in a reasonable fashion. I just don't recommend it if I know the person would benefit from Android etc.

But I have converted my girlfriend. She'll get a Nokia when her contract is up. And I have made a few friends and associates interested to say the least.

They all almost seem surprised MS pulled off something this good.

amorenod

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm looking for a better Security Camer/DVR Viewer. The apps on the market as of now, (Qeye, Asee, Meye....just type in DVR, Security camera, or a derivative thereof) I swear are the same app. IPCentcom doesnt work with my setup (my DVR broadcasts over the web, but my cameras are not IP)

Does anyone know of an app that allows for multi cam view? THAT would be sweet....

Just a better Security camera viewer in general. IPCentCom is nice, but again, incompatible....(I'm using a Zmodo DVR)

Supercam is compatible with our multicam DVR system. I don't know if it works with Zmodo, but it's worth a try. However, the WP7 version is somewhat limited compared to the android and symbian versions

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
+1 for Opera Mobile. I'd love having any other browser than IE. I don't even use IE on my desktop. IE is never my browser of choice when I have a choice.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

fogel35

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
A couple applications I would like to see are:

Time Warner Cable app ( miss being able to schedule dvr from phone )
HBO Go

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I'd like to see an official Tapatalk app. Board Express is broken again. One cannot reply with a quote. Even attempting to do so crashes the app.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Los

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
All official apps

PayPal
Wells Fargo
Capital One
Boxing Scorecard app
Maxboxing
NFL
Craigslist
Youtube
Comcast
Joystiq
AIM Messenger

anon(5341681)

May 14, 2012
Visit site
CBC radio: live streaming of the CBC.

Hey, I've actually got an app I've been developing that plays CBC streams.

Of several WP apps I've worked on, it's the first one I started, as well as the most complex, so it's a bit rough, but all the basic functionality should be present.

I'll probably try to push it to the marketplace in the next couple days to try and hit the deadline for the Developer Movement contest MS is running.

If you'd like to give it a try, I'd really appreciate any feedback. :)

GSOgymrat

May 15, 2012
Visit site
My choices

I just got my Nokia Lumia 900 yesterday. I would like to see:

Barnes & Noble Nook
Audible

These are both apps I used almost daily on my Android phone.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
live tv app
opera mobile
ability to bank
more colours(weather duck can do it why can't wp)
still to many sites requiring flash

You know what I would LOVE to see... A live TV app that's a 2-wide Live Tile like the Pictures tile and can also play the video widescreen INSIDE the Live Tile.

How awesome would that be?

As far as ability to bank, I can do this already, Bank of America has a great Windows Phone app. More color choices for tiles would be nice.

The lack of Flash is fine by me, mobile Flash sucks and it's a battery killer. They just need more and better workarounds like the iPhone has. Flash is dying slowly but surely and it can't be gone quick enough. I applaud Apple for calling Adobe out on their crap software and forcing them to push development on it's replacement. Should have been done years ago.

zabihlumia

May 15, 2012
Visit site
tweetdeck
Pulse (same as Android and ios version)
Dolphin Browser HD
Maxthon Browser
Flipboard
Astro File Manager / ES File Explorer
Youtube (Android Version)

Members online

Forum statistics