What apps would you like to see?

Bifurcated

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I love my new Lumia 900, and plan to use it for a good long time.

Having said that, I've been seeing an argument increasingly used that WP has reached the critical threshold of apps and that it is now bogus to use this as an argument against the system. I'm not sure I buy the argument. I've been running into more and more apps that are available on my wife's iPhone, but not on my 900.

Again, for me this is not a deal-breaker by any means, but it is certainly a niggling annoyance. So I'd be interested in your list of apps that you really wish were on the platform. Here's mine:
  • CBC radio: live streaming of the CBC.
  • FitDay: the best software on the web for tracking and analyzing food. iPhone client? Yup. WP? Sigh...
  • Air Canada: the iPhone app allows easy flight tracking and checkins. Would be awesome for me because I fly a lot. This would be an ideal WP app where you could pin your flight as a live tile. But Air Canada hasn't done it.
  • Scotia bank: iPhone yes, WP no.
This is what some people are calling the "long tail". It's likely that you have zero interest in my missing half dozen apps, but they're important to me. Perhaps you have your own list?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I'd like an app that streams CBS radio stations and an app that does screen capture.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

sarahparent

May 6, 2012
Visit site
would love something like "square up"

a free credit card reader with a low percentage each sale and no monthly payment.

Love my windows phone, but lack of apps is really starting to make me think of switching.

Old_Cus

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
My credit union has an app for iPhone and android. I would love it if they had it for WP. (yes I did talk to them about it)

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

kenzibit

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm really lacking official LinkedIn and Google+ apps. Makes me feel restricted but I ain't switching, WP for LIFE! :)

boss.king

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
An app for the bus times in my city. iOS and Android have great ones. Maybe one for my bank too, but the website isn't bad.

ousooner314

May 6, 2011
Visit site
Mint.com app. I also miss seeing new innovative (quality and functionality) apps. Just last week a friend showed me an iPhone app that allows you to record video while capturing parts of it in slow motion. It's not something I absolutely need, but it was so much fun using it!

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Autodesk CAD viewer. Android and iOS have them, Android's is free. It's the reason I'm forced to carry an Android tablet.

Bifurcated

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, so I think we can conclude that the app issue is still an issue, and one that won't likely be solved unless WP sales take off.

Oh well, you can't have everything. Whenever I think about moving to iPhone, I try out my wife's, and am cured instantly.

CoopII

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
My Wanted Top 5.

Air Canada App
TD Canada Trust App
NHL Game Center App
Offical Canadian Hockey team(s) Apps
Screen Capture (Native or App)

CoopII

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I want the official TIMER app from F1.

the Dev's seem to hint that will get it with W/WP8. from the e-mail i got back from him.

maybe a RBC banking app would be good.

aside from that i just want more GAMES! lol like an actual RPG ( not adventure time based sad excuse for a RPG that u finish in 5hours...) ...

Last edited:

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
Wow, another "not enough apps thread." Yes, we all wish there were more apps and everyone has apps that they want that aren't available. I do too!!

But it's like the chicken vs. the egg thinking. Before developers are going to spend time and money making apps, they need to see WP increase the marketshare. I think WP will increase and get much bigger (hope they do), but we can't expect developers to work for free. Microsoft can and seems to be helping developers with a lot of support and even money, in some cases, which is great. But still, we need to get the numbers up.

What we really need to have is for WP users to help "sell" more WP's. Yeah, it's hard to convert an apple kool-aid drinker to Windows right now. But, if we can convince some of the Android users and regular phone users to switch to WP, that will get our numbers up and ultimately, get us more apps.

smokeyb111

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm looking for a better Security Camer/DVR Viewer. The apps on the market as of now, (Qeye, Asee, Meye....just type in DVR, Security camera, or a derivative thereof) I swear are the same app. IPCentcom doesnt work with my setup (my DVR broadcasts over the web, but my cameras are not IP)

Does anyone know of an app that allows for multi cam view? THAT would be sweet....

Just a better Security camera viewer in general. IPCentCom is nice, but again, incompatible....(I'm using a Zmodo DVR)

radic100

May 9, 2012
Visit site
What we really need to have is for WP users to help "sell" more WP's. Yeah, it's hard to convert an apple kool-aid drinker to Windows right now. But, if we can convince some of the Android users and regular phone users to switch to WP, that will get our numbers up and ultimately, get us more apps.

I really dig what you're saying here. I would recommend getting a lumia 800 to my friends and relatives who haven't had a smartphone yet, though only if i definitely knew the future of the lumia 800 (will it be getting apollo, or just updates of WP7, or left in the dark altogether). i don't want them to miss out on account of me.

p.s. a fishing app! not a game, but an informative app for anglers, amateur and pro alike!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3