What brought you to Windows Phone?

Aeon2k

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
I came to WP7 from a basic phone (only calls & sms). For a couple months I owned a Samsung S5560 Marvel. It was a decent featurephone with a good camera and I loved the precision of the resistive qwertz keyboard when texting. It had no 3G and even on wifi the browser was horribly slow. Considering that I still just used it for calling and texting I returned to my call&text only dumbphone.

After that I've started looking at decent midrange smartphone and almost got the LG Optimus One, but after reading a lot about Android issues (slow/no updates, lags, freezes, reboots) and my father telling me about the constant issues with his galaxy s I decided against it ("best" issue on 2.3, apart from the freezes, is a bug that rearranges randomly some icons in the app drawer to another location).

The iphone was out of question due to price, having a glass cover on both sides and apple's product politics.

I'm not a business user so blackberry wasn't an option either.

For a long time I didn't even notice the existence of WP7...
Then I read an extensive review about it, checked prices (I got it free of contract for 10? more than a LG Optimus One. It beat that device in every aspect) and got the LG Optimus 7 with NoDo in June 2011.
I was aware of the missing features when compared to the other smartphones, but figured coming from a dumbphone/featurephone they wouldn't bother me. This turned out to be true. I didn't even notice the missing multitasking on NoDo or understand the big fuss about it :p

The phone is still in perfect shape and works without any problems since I got it.
Overall I ended up with a WP7 device because for me there were (and are) not alternatives considering the prices/features/updates/product policys/"it just works"-factor.

jaj324

Banned
May 12, 2012
Visit site
For me is was all about supporting MS and Nokia. I've used every brand and os of smartphone out there for the last 10 years. I've always like MS products (even Windows Mobile) and I like Nokia. I'm actually a little worried that the Lumia 900 may the last chance to own a Nokia smartphone. If this thing doesn't do well it my be over for MS and Nokia in the phone business.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I just wanted to say I've really enjoyed reading all your stories.

One of the coolest things about the Windows Phone community is that we all wandered a little bit off the beaten path and found our way here. We all got here in different ways, but something inside all of us was moved to defy the status quo for a reason. We ignored the fear of the unfamiliar and broke away from the rest of the herd because we wanted something better...

Something different...
Something beautiful...
Something special called Windows Phone. :cool:

Nakazul

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm interested to hear your stories.

How did you come to decided to take the road less travelled with Windows Phone when the majority of people choose Android or iPhone by default?

My story goes like this:

I used Palm Pilots for years. My first smartphone was a Palm Treo 180g back in 2002. I had a few non-smartphones in between (including 2 Nokia's, one was the iconic Nokia 3650 with the circular keypad), later a Palm Centro, then a Blackberry Curve and finally an LG Esteem (Revolution) Android phone.

Before I bought the LG, I had been looking at Windows Phones. I wasn't really sold on Android and the iPhone didn't click with me for a number of reasons.

I stayed on the fence for months. I'd go to the phone stores periodically just to play around with all the devices and I always found myself coming back to the Windows Phones. I just liked the UI more than any of the others, the keyboard worked great.

Every time I went to a phone store, I always wound up spending more time playing with the Windows Phones than anything else...

But, I was not really excited enough by the phones that were available at the time and a little uncertain about Windows Phone, a friend convinced me to go with Android. Against my better judgement, I got the best Android phone my no contract provider offered, an LG Esteem.

Flash forward about a year. My uncertainty about Android was confirmed, the thing wound up being a buggy mess. I realized I really do not care for the chaotic Android ecosystem in general with apps that don't follow good UI and interface behavior rules. LG did a terrible job supporting my phone, and my carrier was useless for help.

I was at the end of my rope with my phone and fed up with Android. The iPhone 4S was out, and I was leaning towards it, but the tiny screen, all glass construction, lack of LTE and good, but dull feeling OS just didn't excite me enough to want to sign a contract and shell out a few $100 to get one.

As much as my Android experience sucked, going back to Blackberry seemed like a step backwards. So I began to think maybe this is the time to make the leap to Windows Phone.

I came this close to buying a no contract Lumia 710 from T-Mobile, but I couldn't quite get comfortable with it. I remembered what my Android loving friend told me when I was miserable with my LG: "Don't buy a cheap smartphone and expect good results. If you're going to give the OS a try, get the best phone for it." He was referring to Android, which I wasn't about to try again, but it applied here as well I figured. If I want to try Windows Phone, I should give it a fair chance and get the nicest phone I could.

I was vaguely aware of the Nokia Lumia 800 and thought it was beautiful, but with no U.S. carrier and no LTE, it wasn't for me.

Enter the Lumia 900. I heard it was coming. I knew it looked very similar to the 800, which I loved. I knew it had a nice big screen (one of the few things I liked about my Android) and I had nothing but positive experiences with the Nokia phones I had owned in the past.

All the pieces came together for me then. I knew I liked the Windows Phone OS, now here was phone hardware that I was actually excited about, and it was made by Nokia which I had confidence in, especially given that they had committed 100% to Windows Phone. I figured there was little chance the "flagship" Windows Phone of the moment would be as poorly supported as my LG crapdroid was. That, plus the excellent price gave me the confidence to pull the trigger, and here I am. :cool:
Used Windows Mobile on and off when it came out through the then branded HTC devices, Qtek. Also tryed some Symbian devices along the way. After the HTC Universial i then culminated with the move to a uniqe laptop/smarphone named the "Flybook". I always wanted my phone to be a computer and had already dressed my Universial as if it were Windows XP, the thought of a mini super computer was a dream i desired. The Flybook was, for what i know, the worlds first mini laptop that also had a built in sim slot, built in cellphone software, rotation screen to fold it as a tablet. It was a incridble machine for its time, but as you can imagine....a 10" screen with keyboard and all didnt make for a great phone experience and there was no support for BT headsets so i was stuck with some gaming headphones with microphone to it ... I must have looked like a freak. It also had no cd rom or anything ...but i could play WoW and surf the internet and make calls, text ... all from the same source!! It came installed with XP Proferssional and i could share my DVD player from my PC sooo i kind of had a CD player.
After some time i grew tired of Smartphones and there isuess and decided to stop using Smarphones and gadgets all toghether. It was waaay to expensive to be doing and the experince was always half assed. The Flybook was the closest i?d come to my dream and i couldnt use BT headsets...and it costed me somewhere around 3000$ ... touch screens looked like crap back then also.... i found the Dell XPS M1710 laptop and but all my effort in to that (Still a amaziung computer today...what a screen!), sold of everything and bought a Samsung Samsung SGH X830 as a cool mini MP3 phone and stayed with it for some years, everything was great and calm...it could make calls and play music, had 1GB memory (was a lot back then, specially for a dumb phone).

but...

Then the LG KU990 Viewty came out and i feelt that i wanted a good camera phone. It also had TV out and lot of other feat. When the follow up modell LG KM900 Arena arrived (Looked and worked the same but better) i instantly upgraded from the Viewty.
Now the LG KM900 Arena was the first phone i ever lost, and i got a replacment very quickly. Turned out there also was a lot of bugs on The Arena and the phone was to be replaced ...but it had already gone out of production....here i found my self without a phone.
What to do, what to do. Well Sony Ericsson had a new device named Satio and it looked pretty awsome, the camera alone said it all. I decided to buy one and ....it was terrible. By this time Symbian was already out dated and slow, so while the camera was good, i despiced everything els about it, i sold it after 3 days. And i went out searching on the webb...what to buy next?

HTC HD2 had been announced and was just some weeks away to come out. I looked long and hard since i didnt want to buy another phone again, this buy need to last, i wasnt made of money after all. All studies of the phone showed it to be superior in any situations and in late 2009 i bought it. Hey, a nice camera, and i rememberd the Windows Mobile OS to be flexible so it should give a lot of value, but i never was to tweak it, only use the greatness, buy some apps and be on with my life.
Turned out Windows Mobile 6.5 wasnt that perfect, and HTC couldnt even make language translations correct ... and i was back in the tweaking mess. I must confess i became obsessed and downloaded every rom that ever came out, always looking for the perfect experience, and it was always close, but the ROM?s had a tendency to start go laggy and buggy after a couple of weeks. It was a love and hate thing, Windows Mobile was great, and i learned a lot during the time. I could always show my friends with iPhones some new feat they never had and it kind of started a hate wave for me against the iPhone. Here we had a superior phone, the HD2, and nobody knew how to handle it and bought iPhones instead...buying a more lesser experience, i was stuned and spent a lot of time trying to convince people to buy Windows Mobile instead of Iphones.
I enjoyed the freedom WM6.5 gave and liked trying out Android ROM?s as side loads, never giving up my Windows Mobile heritage.
Now, there was always some kind of issue with WM6.5 or 6.5,5 and i started wondering about my dedication ot Microsofts operating system....i bought a iPhone 3GS .... i found my self not liking the experience, i used it for 2 days or so and then went back to my HD2.
Then Windows Phone roms started to leak and though it was a hassle, i got my HD2 to, for the first time let me enter the realm of Windows Phone.

It was simplier, and the locked down UI scared me, the freedom of WM6.5 was gone .... but in the same time it was charming. I ended up using it for a month or 2 and keep reading about the new phones released.
During my "trial" time i started to notice i never needed to flash a new rom, it was, compared to WM6.5 rock solid and i went through this transformation, where the weight on my shoulders of using Windows Mobile and always needing to tweek, went away.
Now there were still isuess in using these roms on the HD2, and i started to think of the new Windows Phones, maybe they had no isuess at all.
After i saw the Omnia 7 in first hand...i was in love, and with much tears in my eyes i sold my HD2 to make the transsison.

So i now, over a year later i still use WP. I recently sold my Omnia 7, and Nokia Lumia 800 to buy the Titan and here i am today, a lot wiser =)
So my final thoughts are....is Windows Phone perfect, free of buggs? No, its a lot of isuess, and its the manufacturer and Microsoft?s fault. Omnia 7 never truly worked full out for many people, Lumia 800 is missing feat. and other buggs, Titan is weak on signal strength and goes totally bananas if its memory is to full. And for some this is not happening, and for others its happening. I use my phone a LOT and i am one of thouse always running in to these bugs that probably normal users never will find.

So i wonder, is Smartphones ever to function properlly? I think not, were always gonna get wierd bugs, inconsistency?s, and other isuess. And buying in to the Microsoft?s echosystem, will i ever change again? Well, i guess time will tell, there is isuess or small things missing that keeps reminding me that i should not get to comfortable in one world, even if i turned in to a Microsoft lover.
And being early in the game have given me the insight that the UI have to get somewhat more customizible, not advanced stuffs, but there is more needed, because how lovly WP may look, its getting somewhat tiresom to look at the same thing day in and day out, and buying a new phone aint changing that, its still the same look from my HD2 to Omnia 7 to Lumia 800 to my Titan, only performance and some apps to differ. Sure there more feat. now then before, but is it enough to keep one entertained? Im not so sure these days.

CDG

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
Here is my story from 2004 to now. :)

My first GSM phone was the Nokia 6230

Nokia 6230>Nokia 6682>QTEK 9100>Nokia6682>Nokia 6131>Samsung Blackjack>Treo 750>Treo Pro>BB9700>Sony X10>Motorola Atrix>HTC Vivid>Lumia 900..

I kept the Treos the longest, both over a year. When time came to replace the Treo Pro, nothing appealed to me in the WM OS, so ventured to the BB.

The BB 9700 was nice but boring and I had trouble connecting to BIS servers from open public WiFi overseas, specially airports. From reading the forums that was evidently a common problem. This was deal breaker for me due to my travel schedule.

So then I went into Androids and progressed from 1.6-4.03 but always felt compelled to root and install customs ROMs to have the devices reach their full potential. There was also the constant fretting about will my device get updated and when?

I tried the Focus Flash back in December, really liked the OS but not so much hardware.

Now I have the Lumia 900, it's beem a little over a month and I am very happy with it and really liking it. I look forward to the progress of Windows Phone and of course Nokia.

PS: forgot to add that I have an iPad2, so I am familiar with iOS as well.

Last edited:

joemd60

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Here is my story from 2004 to now. :)

My first GSM phone was the Nokia 6230

Nokia 6230>Nokia 6682>QTEK 9100>Nokia6682>Nokia 6131>Samsung Blackjack>Treo 750>Treo Pro>BB9700>Sony X10>Motorola Atrix>HTC Vivid>Lumia 900..

I kept the Treos the longest, both over a year. When time came to replace the Treo Pro, nothing appealed to me in the WM OS, so ventured to the BB.

The BB 9700 was nice but boring and I had trouble connecting to BIS servers from open public WiFi overseas, specially airports. From reading the forums that was evidently a common problem. This was deal breaker for me due to my travel schedule.

So then I went into Androids and progressed from 1.6-4.03 but always felt compelled to root and install customs ROMs to have the devices reach their full potential. There was also the constant fretting about will my device get updated and when?

I tried the Focus Flash back in December, really liked the OS but not so much hardware.

Now I have the Lumia 900, it's beem a little over a month and I am very happy with it and really liking it. I look forward to the progress of Windows Phone and of course Nokia.

PS: forgot to add that I have an iPad2, so I am familiar with iOS as well.

Nice post Charlyee.:)

pwaikon

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
My reason is very simple: Nokia brought me to Windows Phone. In all honesty I wouldn't have tried WP platform with any other device than a Nokia so if Nokia wouldn't have done the decision they did, I wouldn't have my WP Nokia Lumia 800 right now. As my signature states, I'm a supporter of Nokia, more so than a Microsoft supporter :blush: (ducks for any flying objects) but I do wish all the best for both companies during these rough times!

:)

andythilo

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi Guys

First post. Here's my history

Always had a contract provided by my company. But i've been allowed to chop and change phones (at my cost) to allow me to have what I want, changing data plan bolt on's as I needed (I have access to the company account through O2(UK).

Here's my phone history ignoring old Nokias like the 3310.

Nokia 6280, BB 8310, BB Bold 9000, HTC Desire, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, HTC HD2, HTC HD7 (returned after a day due to faulty wifi), HTC Desire HD (sold due to crap battery life), BB 9780, BB Bold 9900, Nokia Lumia 800............Soon to be purchased Lumia 900 :D

I'm not sure how long I would have had the HD7 if it had worked..

Loved the iPhones, and to be honest, I only moved away due to exchange email problems which I couldn't cure. HD2 was crap, flashed it with Android but still was a poor phone. Loved the HD7 but exchanged it on the day in the shop for a Desire HD. That quickly got sold due to the battery only lasting 8 hours or so, never got a full day out of it, useless.

Then I went back to BB, I set up a free BISX server at work as now I could have full exchange email under BIS instead of the high priced BEX. Loved the 9780, had it for about 12 months until we were given a new 9900 through work. Hated it. Touch screen was crap and to be honest I'd tired of BB's lack of apps/games (ok I know it's not the phones primary objective).

So I sold the 9900 and bought was in a bit of quandary about what to get. Certainly not another BB. I heard that iPhone OS5 had issues with MS Exchange so no going back there, I was tired for poor battery life and poor OS of Android (looks like a kid has designed it (ignoring the pretty widgets). So only other choice was WM7. But which phone. Did a LOT of investigating, specs, prices, etc..

In the end it came down to the Lumia 800 and HTC Radar. I decided I wanted a smaller screen, i.e sub 4". In the end after reading countless reviews and watching many youtube videos, I bought the Lumia 800.

At the start I was getting annoyed by the lack of cases. Coming from the BB and their nice leather holsters, I couldn't find one for the Lumia. I ended up carrying it in my back pocket, which I hated as I was worried about scratching the screen.

However here we are, 3 months down the road, still looking like new :D.

Love the 800, my only criticism is that I would like a larger screen :confused: :D.

Love the OS, I would like to be able to customise a little more, more tiles, i.e 3 across would be nice...ummmm oh yeah not overly happy with the camera in low light, but that might be settings, have to play.

Had a load of trouble at the start getting MMS to work, but somehow it got disabled on the account, and I had some settings put in on the phone, all works now.

I would like some more games that I miss, Angry birds is sorely out of date, Draw Something, more interactive games like scrabble etc.. through facebook would be nice.

Everyone who has played with it, loves it. The build surpasses ANYTHING out there IMHO. Just feels superb. Nokia really have done an amazing job.

So once the 900 is out, I'll be buying one and that'll keep me going until the OS8 and whatever increased hardware specs that allows.

Cheers

Andy

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
love this! nice thread social carpet

the ecosystem, the smooth OS, and zune UI brought me over. now we just need some minor updates /tweaks and this platform is perfect!

reeneebob

May 18, 2012
Visit site
My story is odd...I won my Lumia 710. I work for a carrier that doesn't offer WP anymore and my friends at the carrier across the way were doing an in store promo to win a Lumia for coming in to talk to them and challenge them at Xbox. Well it was a Monday night, the mall was dead, I threw a few frames of bowling and entered my ballot. I don't have a Zune (have had iPods for years, my first gen Touch is still kicking), and don't have an Xbox (PS people here...) so those aren't really important features to me.

My first cell phones were Nokia candy bars. Those things are 10+years old and still work! I went through numerous BBs and then fell in live with the Palm Pre. God what a pretty phone. I am still a WebOS fan to this day. I got that one for $149.99 no contract when Bell was clearing them out. Then my husbands BB Pearl started to fail and I had a hardware upgrade so I went in for an iPhone 4 but came out with a Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant. Gave him the Pre.

And then I entered the seventh circle of ****. I was one of the lucky Bell users who got a defective SGS. The internal memory and mainboard failed at day 63. Samsung had acknowledged the issue and the DOA period was extended to 60 days. I just missed it and it had to go to repair. I reactivated my old Curve which wasn't reliable, sent an annoyed but calmly worded email to Bell and since I was going out of province for work for 6 weeks and needed a phone they gave me a credit to buy a new one, so I grabbed a HTC Desire Z. It's a good thing too because my phone was gone from September 27 to December 30. There were so many dead phones they had a backlog for parts. Idiots.

When I got the Sammy back I gave my husband the HTC and sold the Pre. I used my SGS for another 6 months but I always had it in the back of my mind that it could fail again. So I thought I may as well have some fun and rooted it. But then it was constantly looking for updates to ROMs and felt like work. My husband had an upgrade and got himself an iPhone. He also knew that I love white phones and had wanted an iPhone in the first place so he bought me a white iPhone as an anniversary gift for when he came home with his (to promote domestic bliss as he said). So...I sold the HTC and the SgS.

A piece of me has always wanted to support the plucky little Canadian company called RIM, so I got a white 9900 a few months ago (also to be able to better support my customers I like to have in depth experience with the os's). I really like it. It had some issues at first but now it's solid and I'm looking forward to BB10. I just have a hard time with the screen size and lack of apps. So for the last few months I sim swap between my iPhone and my BB (thank god for being able to use BB data plans with other phones!) depending on my mood ( or if I'm doing something where my iPhone could be damaged). I've always wanted to give WP7 a go though - I had Launcher 7 on my SGS and loved it. So when I won, now I'm sim swapping between three phones.

I really, really want a Lumia 900. I mean REALLY. I'm not going to throw down the cash for one right now though.

Anyway that's my story.

I got blisters on me fingers! from using Tapatalk.

Last edited:

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
My reason is very simple: Nokia brought me to Windows Phone. In all honesty I wouldn't have tried WP platform with any other device than a Nokia so if Nokia wouldn't have done the decision they did, I wouldn't have my WP Nokia Lumia 800 right now. As my signature states, I'm a supporter of Nokia, more so than a Microsoft supporter :blush: (ducks for any flying objects) but I do wish all the best for both companies during these rough times!

:)

The first smartphone I owned was a Nokia Symbian device. I thought the build quality was excellent, so I definitely wanted the L900 ever since it was unveiled at CES this January.

I feel the same as you about Microsoft. I do run Windows and Office, but I also run Linux (probably more than Windows). I don't own Xbox or Zune.

GSOgymrat

May 15, 2012
Visit site
When I first got a Zune HD I fell in love and thought "why can't they have a Zune phone"? I have an Xbox 360 and have always liked Windows so I was very interested when WP7 came out. I thought I would get a WP7 phone when my Sprint contract expired however when I looked for my "must have" apps for WP I realized there was no Barnes and Noble Nook and no Audible, and those are deal breakers. I recently read that an Audible app was close to release and that Microsoft teamed up up Barnes and Noble, so I thought I would wait for those apps and then get a new phone. Last week I dropped and killed my HTC EVO 4G and had to make a decision. I went to Costco and played with the $200 HTC One X, the $250 Samsung Galaxy Note and the $69 Nokia Lumia 900. The salesperson said I could exchange any phone with no restocking fee within 30 days so I took a chance on the Nokia, fully intending to return it if I wasn't happy. I have only had it a few days but so far I am very pleased. I don't anticipate exchanging it.

bpgui

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
I had been a blackberry user for years (and still love their keyboards), but I got fed up waiting for the updated devices that should have been released two years before.

I've held a grudge against Apple ever since my original ipod wore out and Itunes told me I wasn't allowed to put music I BOUGHT on any device other then an Apple device unless I paid an additional charge (this was several years ago, IDK if they still do this), and vowed never to buy another Apple product again. I haven't that I know of.

Android never appealed to me due to the bug/malware reports, and the fact that I think google is collecting way too much info.

WP was the only real alternative, and by that time I had heard about what WP8 is supposed to be and was intrigued.

Rodolfo#WP

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I was sold on the Samsung Focus as soon as it came out, but I was with Sprint. A few months later, I became a Zune HDand Zune Passcaptive. By the summer of 2011, I knew I wanted a phone that could Zune. The Focus Featuresare what convinced me, and to date, the Focus is peerless.

Thus: I Zune, ergo I WP7.

The other highly-influential factor was that I had started reading and seeing that WP7 was the visual, operational, and strategic path to Windows 8 -the anticipated ultimate computing destination for me.

reeneebob

May 18, 2012
Visit site
I've held a grudge against Apple ever since my original ipod wore out and Itunes told me I wasn't allowed to put music I BOUGHT on any device other then an Apple device unless I paid an additional charge (this was several years ago, IDK if they still do this), and vowed never to buy another Apple product

For what it's worth they don't. The songs are 1.29 each now instead of 99 cents and are drm free, and they always have 69 cent sales and those are protection free as well. I have purchased tracks from iTunes on my iPhone, Blackberry, touchpad and Lumia.

I got blisters on me fingers! from using Tapatalk.

gregoron

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Bottom line: I couldn't get an iPhone and I didn't want to pay too much for AT&T. I'm glad I'm here. Things are simpler and faster.

chrisz5z

May 14, 2012
Visit site
What brought me to Windows Phone?...well I love to learn about new platforms

I'm sorry to hear about so many bad experiences I see people talking about in regards to Android. My experience was great and I still have my Android device along with my Lumia 900. Although, I can understand how someone would have a bad experience with Android. Stock versions of Android (other than AOSP) are very buggy and generally slow. The ROM I have on my Android device is just as smooth and quick as WP7, but it is heavily tweaked. So again why did I switch? I've been cooking ROMs for my own personal use for some time, and I guess you could say I got bored with it. I didn't see a much left to learn besides modifying source code and building my own kernel (which is too time consuming). Another reason is the WP7 community (across multiple forums) seems to be more mature and doesn't whine near as much. Even if i cooked up the best Android ROM ever made i would never release it because there would be 100 people whining about stupid stuff, shouldn't you just be happy there's a custom ROM available?

So anyway, I'm still glad i made the switch. There are a few annoyances i have with WP7 but overall i get to what i need quicker and in style. And Windows Phone SDK is a hundred times better than Android SDK.

I'm also doing lots of reading/learning in terms of unlocking this device, particularly the bootloader. Hopefully i can attribute to the community

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I had the OG Zune, an 8GB one and a 32GB Zune HD. I also had a year Zune Pass so it just made sense to me. I was originally going to get the 4S when I hired in to Verizon but decided I didn't want to switch to Apple's exclusive eco system. I was thinking of getting an Android phone but I got the Razr for my work phone and detested it so I'm glad I didn't sign up with an Android phone. I was a BlackBerry fanatic for like 6 years but now i can't stand them. Currently i have my Trophy, an iPad2, a Curve 9370 for work, and my wife has a Rezound so i can safely say WP7 is the best of the best.

trivor

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Zune integration, awesome UI, different, and I like how we have options for phones, but there's also minimum requirements for phones so you really can't get a terrible phone like you can with Android.

I'm also not a fan of Apple (the company and iTunes sucks and I don't like using OS X), and I don't care for Google, but that doesn't matter since I wouldn't get an Android phone even if I did like Google since they are so buggy and hardly ever get updates.

Quite frankly, I've had just as much problems with Zune (I love my XBox 360 and so does my wife) as I do with iTunes. Right now, I'm getting a DRM error and can't download my movies to my PC so I can watch them when my wife is using the XBox. Haven't been able to find a fix yet. Why does WP7 require the use of a PC in this day and age (even the iPhone has gotten away from requiring a PC for the updating and iCloud allows backups). WP7 needs to move into the 21st century if it wants to compete.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium