How often does your phone reboot?

Forgewizard

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
My HTC Arrive rebooted by itself once when I updated to Mango. And then recently after downloading Ask Ziggy app which continued to act buggy, so has been uninstalled.

I have rather enjoyed the stability of WP OS!

Just as a habit from using other platforms, I'll turn the device completely off and then back on maybe once a week (if I remember). But all in all - my Arrive has been free of annoying reboots or freezes!

DMBFan5

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Been using Windows Phone 7 since launch, originally on a Surround, now a Lumia 900. Not a single reboot.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

banghaymo

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I sometimes have to reboot or manually remove the battery after updating apps over wifi. My HTC HD7 simply stops displaying app tiles information and when I launch an app it freezes for a few seconds and then goes back to the home screen. Rebooting normally fixes this.
This has only happened twice though and I had this phone for nearly two years. Windows Phone is simply the most stable OS ever.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
never!

actually that's not true , the only time it reboots is when I try a new app , sometimes my phone crashes and reboots. but thats like maybe once a month? and I download like 100apps a month , lol

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
How about just bugs in general, Samsung and nokia have bugs too. Have you seen all the issues the focus flash is having? Or how about all the update issues the original focus had with NoDo? Or maybe even the connectivity issue of the lumia 900 and the 800s battery issues? Don't be so hard on HTC.
Just to clarify. Up until getting the L900, I have owned only HTC devices for the past 7-8 years (about 8) and have never had a hardware issue. No device is perfect, and everyone makes mistakes. It's how you deal with those mistakes (bugs, in this case) that makes the different. Unfortunately, HTC has a poor record of cleaning up after they release a device. Maybe that's because they are too busy working on the next best thing. Tired of being a beta tester. Ok now, back on topic please.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Had a demo Trophy and the only time it rebooted was when I told it to do so. Had that one for about 3 months. Have a new Trophy now and haven't had to reboot it since I got it.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
My device might have rebooted, but I believe it was my Focus S (once), not Lumia 900. Also my Titan definitely rebooted.

RonV42

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
For my Samsung focus it was rock solid until I installed a "certified" memory card to take it to 16 GB. Then it would reboot if you were playing music and accessing say the GPS/Map or Gas Buddy. It would do this about once a month. I took the card out and reset the phone and the reboots went away. I now reset the phone with the memory card back in and only use it to play music and it hasn't rebooted in the last two months.

On my Nokia 900 it hasn't rebooted. Very happy so far and I am still doing the playing music, navigating, etc...I am probably putting even more pressure on the phone since I added blue-tooth to my car.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Just to clarify. Up until getting the L900, I have owned only HTC devices for the past 7-8 years (about 8) and have never had a hardware issue. No device is perfect, and everyone makes mistakes. It's how you deal with those mistakes (bugs, in this case) that makes the different. Unfortunately, HTC has a poor record of cleaning up after they release a device. Maybe that's because they are too busy working on the next best thing. Tired of being a beta tester. Ok now, back on topic please.

I've gotten several updates from HTC for my HD7 since I first got it in November. Each was to improve performance.

mprice86

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Lumia 800 user here - Not rebooted once since November and the last time I rebooted it manually was with the last update about a month ago.

The two Android handsets I had before this both would have needed rebooting at LEAST once a day and would have done it themselves at least once a day as well.

malachijd

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
My verizon trophy has been rebooting with the engadget app, but I seem to have lots of problems with the engadget app. But at least 3 times within the last 3 weeks.

braindoc

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I've had a Trophy since June 2011 and have never had it reboot. This phone has been very stable over the time period. In fact there have been months in a row when I've never turned off the phone and have had no software lock ups.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I've gotten several updates from HTC for my HD7 since I first got it in November. Each was to improve performance.
Understood. But I still can't play protected music on my Surround without it freezing up after a couple minutes. Known problem on several HTC devices that I believe is about a year old. And yes, I also got a few firmware updates over the life of my Surround.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3