How often does your phone reboot?

invertme

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
A had a few apps on my Focus blow up and force a reboot - I'd say about 5 times in about 18 months.

My L900 rebooted once in three weeks. Thinking it was an app blowing up too since it did it right when I went into it.

This is one of the biggest reasons I went to WP, it's so damn stable!

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Never, but I have a Lumia 900, so it's not like I've had the phone for a year.

For what it's worth though, I've never had a random reboot or an app crash or become unresponsive or any trouble whatsoever. The only time my phone has been rebooted is when I installed the software update.

Gungzwei

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I've had my Trophy since the day they launched it and have never had a reboot.

Sounds like you have a bad app installed.

sconrad308

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
My Focus Flash has only restarted twice, once when I did a force update to the OS and one other time I restarted because it seemed like it was having issues.

Heron_Kusanagi

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Twice on my L800 during the first week I got it, playing music while playing Wordament. But uninstalled some useless apps, and presto, no such problems anymore.

Can't wait for Tango.

migman47

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
I've had my Trophy now for about 1 month; no observed reboot so far. I did see the Weather Channel app throw an exception of some sort, but I backed out and re-entered the program and it was fine. Overall a pretty flawless experience.

smapor

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Iphone 4 - at least 3 times a week. I did a wipe and it never went away. I started uninstalling apps and I gave up. I could of just wiped it fresh and started over but...?

I switched to WP7 - Since April 6th, I had no reboots (well one, to try it :cool: )

DanSmithKY

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
My first Focus never had a problem (until I shattered the screen), but my replacement did have a problem where it rebooted constantly. I ended up figuring out that it would happen whenever I tried to bend it from top to bottom (with just the slightest pressure, which seemed to occur in my pocket quite commonly). I ended up folding part of a piece of paper and sticking it under the battery. I didn't have too many problems after that, believe it or not.

Since then I've owned at least one each of the Focus S, the Titan, and the Lumia 900. I haven't had problems with any of them rebooting.

ngc891

May 9, 2012
Visit site
HTC Titan - had since Nov 2011 no random reboots, (one of the lucky ones I guess,) had to reset once due to a dodgy app installation.

ilifecomputer

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Nov11 titan also with no reboots. I've gone months straight and only reboot occasionally when I want to drain battery completely.

Sent from my PI39100 using Board Express

UVSoaked

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Sometimes once a week, I run in t oa problem where apps keep crashing when I open them. I also added a 16GB card to it which is fairly full, so that could be it. Still worth it, obviously. ;)

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Understood. But I still can't play protected music on my Surround without it freezing up after a couple minutes. Known problem on several HTC devices that I believe is about a year old. And yes, I also got a few firmware updates over the life of my Surround.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

I have no such problems on my HD7.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I have no such problems on my HD7.
That's correct. Because the HD7 got the update to correct the problem about 5 months ago. Surround, and other HTC owners, continue to wait. Forever probably. Guess they can just go out and buy a new HTC phone to correct that problem.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3