How often does your phone reboot?

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I get it rather a lot. I will be using it, and go to start a song or the camera, or do a Tellme search, and it will suddenly vibrate and go black, and the AT&T screen loads. It does load quickly after that, but it's still annoying. HTC Titan.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
My Surround rebooted by itself maybe a dozen times in 17 months. My L900, not once in a month. Pretty much the same 180 apps/games on both devices. But obviously, no HTC apps on the Nokia, which I suspect may be at the root of many HTC bugs.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

ousooner314

May 6, 2011
Visit site
Probably a handful of times during the year I owned by Focus (this includes freezes that requires me to do a hard reset). Definitely not often enough for me to be able to accurately keep count.

Kredrian

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
I think I had a Surround reboot once last August. The Focus S never, and so far nadda on the Lumia 900.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Maybe once every 3 weeks or so if that. Last time my HD7 rebooted itself was back then and that was only because I dropped it when trying to take it out of my backpack when plugged into a school wall charging. before then it was sometime back in march when it self rebooted and that was once again after unplugging it from a school computer to charge.

My Surround rebooted by itself maybe a dozen times in 17 months. My L900, not once in a month. Pretty much the same 180 apps/games on both devices. But obviously, no HTC apps on the Nokia, which I suspect may be at the root of many HTC bugs.

How about just bugs in general, Samsung and nokia have bugs too. Have you seen all the issues the focus flash is having? Or how about all the update issues the original focus had with NoDo? Or maybe even the connectivity issue of the lumia 900 and the 800s battery issues? Don't be so hard on HTC.

sebrov

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Well my Trophy (GSM version) crashes all the time. It doesn't matter what i'm doing whether it be listening to music, answering a call, taking a photo, checking facebook (in people hub & the app), surfing the web, and well doing basically anything with the phone for consecutive minutes it will reboot around 80% of the time.

Now heres the interesting part, when it does reboot i notice the phone is warm and it will sometimes get to start screen or sometimes just the HTC splash screen and it'll reboot over and over until it eventually freezes. Then i have to take the battery out and leave until it cools down. Upon restarting the battery will have dropped its charge by at least 20%.

Tried hard reset a couple of times but i makes no difference as different apps give the same result.

I suspect memory leak from apps could be the problem upon searching the web i have found that several htc android devices suffer from this. Some say it is a motherboard issue. Who knows but hopefully Tango comes with a firmware fix, just want this phone to last until the Apollo phones come along.

Anyone else have a similar experience?

Thought i best add that it only started doing this since the 8107 update prior to this it reboot only a couple of times and i've had this phone since WP7 launch.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Well my Trophy (GSM version) crashes all the time. It doesn't matter what i'm doing whether it be listening to music, answering a call, taking a photo, checking facebook (in people hub & the app), surfing the web, and well doing basically anything with the phone for consecutive minutes it will reboot around 80% of the time.

Now heres the interesting part, when it does reboot i notice the phone is warm and it will sometimes get to start screen or sometimes just the HTC splash screen and it'll reboot over and over until it eventually freezes. Then i have to take the battery out and leave until it cools down. Upon restarting the battery will have dropped its charge by at least 20%.

Tried hard reset a couple of times but i makes no difference as different apps give the same result.

I suspect memory leak from apps could be the problem upon searching the web i have found that several htc android devices suffer from this. Some say it is a motherboard issue. Who knows but hopefully Tango comes with a firmware fix, just want this phone to last until the Apollo phones come along.

Anyone else have a similar experience?

Thought i best add that it only started doing this since the 8107 update prior to this it reboot only a couple of times and i've had this phone since WP7 launch.

This sounds like you just have a defective device because not all HTC windows phones have this issue,at least not that dramatic.

sebrov

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
This sounds like you just have a defective device because not all HTC windows phones have this issue,at least not that dramatic.

Probably right but its only started to happen since the last update, so i'll be blaming that. Also the phone never has an issue in flight mode, i can play games and listen to music at the same time for hours without a reboot.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3