Thinking about jumping ship

mjgates

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
I switched to t-mobiles $30 pay as you go plan. Gives 100 talk minutes and unlimited text and data with a 5gb soft cap. It works great in the Richmond area but service is not that good once I get into more rural areas. For $30 a month and since I spend almost all my time in the area, it is worth the few drops of service I have while traveling. But you may want to check their coverage Mao for your area. I also use Skype to talk over data if I come close to my 100 minutes so I have never run out.

invertme

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
My work pays for my phone on AT&T so I'm sticking with them :) but I had TMo prior to that and had no problems. Their coverage is spotty but where I had it, it was fast.

If I was still with them though, I probably wouldn't be (does that make sense lol!?). I would have left for AT&T's better selection of WIndows Phones.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I wish tmobile had better coverage here. Their prepaid 4g plans are nice.

Sent from my Windows 7 phone using Board Express
They're improving coverage around your area, see the Engadget article linked on the previous page.
For my data needs, ST's price & service is the best. If you want streaming ability, go on a post-paid service such as AT&T or Verizon, bring a tub of KY, bend over and spread 'em.
T-mobile doesn't cost that much, for $10 cheaper than what AT&T and VZ are offering only up to 4GB I get 10GB on T-mobile with free tethering and no overages for going over.
My work pays for my phone on AT&T so I'm sticking with them :) but I had TMo prior to that and had no problems. Their coverage is spotty but where I had it, it was fast.

If I was still with them though, I probably wouldn't be (does that make sense lol!?). I would have left for AT&T's better selection of WIndows Phones.
At&t WP selection will also work with T-mobile once the refarming is completed later this year.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
They're improving coverage around your area, see the Engadget article linked on the previous page.

T-mobile doesn't cost that much, for $10 cheaper than what AT&T and VZ are offering only up to 4GB I get 10GB on T-mobile with free tethering and no overages for going over.

At&t WP selection will also work with T-mobile once the refarming is completed later this year.

I'm going by T-Mobile Friday, thanks. Last time I checked their map they only offered 2G data speeds at my house and where I work. If they provide solid coverage I can definitely see switching.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I checked the T-Mobile map again here at work and it apparently hasn't been updated. It still shows just 3G for Lake Charles, and 2G where I live, plus dead spots close to my house. I'll keep up with it, but I'm not looking to change until November. If Verizon has lte at my house then I doubt I switch, but you never know.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
To people talking about ST...I have a 900 and probably do around 4 hours of streaming music a week. Also the occasional video. I haven't had any problems with them getting on me for it.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
To people talking about ST...I have a 900 and probably do around 4 hours of streaming music a week. Also the occasional video. I haven't had any problems with them getting on me for it.

switch the 4 hours with video or online gaming and see what happens then, I know plenty of people it's happened to.

rich4A1

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
On T-Mobile with my HD7. Being in the rural central NY area, T-Mo's coverage is far from ideal. Whe you are in town and getting 3G (being HD7) it's great, but from time to time you get EDGE or worse. That's why I'm thinking about grabbing a Lumia 900 from AT&T, although my curent T-Mo plan is really a steal.

rich4A1

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site

On a side note, I was on Microsoft online Store the other day, and chatted with their rep about Lumia 800 bundle. He surprised me by telling me that that version of Lumia 800 works with AT&T and Verizon's 3G data plan. Is that technically even possible?

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
On a side note, I was on Microsoft online Store the other day, and chatted with their rep about Lumia 800 bundle. He surprised me by telling me that that version of Lumia 800 works with AT&T and Verizon's 3G data plan. Is that technically even possible?
There are some Android phones that are "global" in that they can work on GSM and CDMA. In fact, I owned an LG Fathom Windows Mobile phone that had this capability. The Droid Pro and Droid 2 Global have this as well as the Moto XPRT from Sprint. I haven't heard of any WP7 phones that have this or will have this.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
On T-Mobile with my HD7. Being in the rural central NY area, T-Mo's coverage is far from ideal. Whe you are in town and getting 3G (being HD7) it's great, but from time to time you get EDGE or worse. That's why I'm thinking about grabbing a Lumia 900 from AT&T, although my curent T-Mo plan is really a steal.

The refarming that's in progress should solve your coverage issues.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb