Things in the OS that make you scratch your head?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmaman

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
For instance the whole back button in the web browser if you leave is ridiculous! What other little things like that bother you and you hope get updated?

red grenadine

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Off the top of my head

1. No separate volume controls for ringer / music
2. Taking out the "folders" button in outlook app in Mango
3. Taking out the "forward" option in IE in Mango
4. Back button behavior for IE
5. No ability for batch deletion of text messages
6. No ability to set default phone screen to the dialer instead of history
7. No weekly view for Calendar
8. No ability to pin Bing Music search on homescreen
9. No ability to customize theme colors
10. No ability to have phone ring but texts/emails vibrate
11. No ability for custom alert sounds (text/vibrate)
12. No ability to exit out of a app in multitask view (I know they are dehydrated, blah blah. I want them clear for easier switching)

Last edited:

mprice86

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I can't really think of anything to be honest; though I'm prepared to accept that other people have differing opinions.

The separate volume controls thing, to be honest doesn't bother me at all as I usually keep the volume up full and just put it in vibrate mode if I don't want calls or notifications to make sound. In fact I only ever change the volume if I'm listening to music or if an app insists on making stupid sounds.

Again with the screenshots... I just don't get it. Why would I want to take a screenshot unless I was a developer, in which case I could take them on my computer? What are people so desperate to take a shot of? Like I said, just don't get it.

Even the lack of folders doesn't bother me, although the option might be nice I guess. For me though, I like the immediacy of press a tile > app opens. I don't want to add a further step to that process, it would feel like things were taking longer to do instead of getting faster.

IamVortigaunt

May 20, 2011
Visit site
I've been using my Trophy for nearly a year now (started with NoDo). I really like the OS and don't imagine I'll switch anytime soon to another platform. That said, there are things I would like to see changed. Among them:

1) More customization of tile colors - more available colors and the ability to vary colors by tile.

2) Easier back/forward and tabs in the browser - I like the moving of the address bar to the bottom in Mango, but liked the functions better in NoDo. I also agree about the back button when not using the task switcher to switch to the browser.

3) Multitasking enhancements - I like the switcher, but some apps take a while to load after switching. I also wouldn't mind seeing the webOS-like (and Win8-like) swipe down to close.

4) Bring the jump to letter functionality in the app list to xbox live games.

5) Ability to manually flip two-sided tiles on demand.

6) Photo album covers for skydrive folders either don't load or take a long time to load.

7) Would like to see more services integrated into things like chat and contacts.

8) Ability to view music fron skydrive in the music & videos hub.

9) The ability to quickly create and pin a One Note note from a tile - currently there's a "new note" tile you can pin, but it seems that you have to go into the office hub to pin the created note.

10) Maps navigation requires you to tap to get audible directions - I'd like option to have it auto announce turns and such. Also, there doesn't seem to be a way to get directions to a location from anywhere other than your current location - I'd like to get directions from any chosen spot.

I'm sure there are others, but 10 seems like a good number to stop on for now. Btw, if you know of ways around any of these or know that some of these complaints are actually false, I'd love to hear about it.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
yeah seeing this is suppose to be a OTHER negative thread and im gona stop my self from CLOSING IT! cause its 100% useless and there like 10000000threads on this EXACT subject. i swear if i see thes again im gona start handing out infractions.

im switching it to:

Things in the OS that make you scratch your head cause its soo FREAKING AMAZING!

- I love the MSG in the Xbox Live HUB ,so i can see and plan gaming session even from work :)

- I also love how all the live tiles on the UI , still one of my FAV aspect of the phone.

Last edited:

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
yeah seeing this is suppose to be a OTHER negative thread and im gona stop my self from CLOSING IT! cause its 100% useless and there like 10000000threads on this EXACT subject. i swear if i see thes again im gona start handing out infractions.

im switching it to:

Things in the OS that make you scratch your head cause its soo FREAKING AMAZING!

- I love the MSG in the Xbox Live HUB ,so i can see and plan gaming session even from work :)

- I also love how all the live tiles on the UI , still one of my FAV aspect of the phone.
Exactly how I feel, this was why I was so mad at everyone last year.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Exactly how I feel, this was why I was so mad at everyone last year.

I wouldn't mind if ti wasn't always the same complaints...

but seems like people are running out of BAD things to say about WP so we always see the same 10 things come up! I guess that's a good thing . WP gets allot of complaints but its all the same once . so it int so bad.

BUT!

an other thing I LOVE about my WP is we have the GREATEST mobile nation app in the world! :D haha

fisci

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
this forum is hilarious.....

It is totalitarian in nature, point out any flaws and everyone loses their minds.

Get over it.

You expect every post to be rainbows and kittens?

Cry me a river, people are allowed their own opinions of te os. Just because they don't want to rub their d*** against their phone every night doesn't make them any less intelligent than you.

You can deny,deny, deny, all you like, though denying something doesn't stop it from existing

mmaman

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
this forum is hilarious.....

It is totalitarian in nature, point out any flaws and everyone loses their minds.

Get over it.

You expect every post to be rainbows and kittens?

Cry me a river, people are allowed their own opinions of te os. Just because they don't want to rub their d*** against their phone every night doesn't make them any less intelligent than you.

You can deny,deny, deny, all you like, though denying something doesn't stop it from existing
Thanks. This wasnt meant to be a negative thread, just wondering what other people find annoying in the OS and hopefully the fix them in future updates.

J4rrod

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
I can't stand how my UI isn't a lifeless sea of icons. Really stupid. I don't get why I never get crashes, really strange.

Sent from my Titan II using Board Express

mmaman

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
I can't stand how my UI isn't a lifeless sea of icons. Really stupid. I don't get why I never get crashes, really strange.

Sent from my Titan II using Board Express

I thought the homescreen is very boring in WP, I would welcome some homescreen customization 100%

Jake_M

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
One thing from Zune(the device), is that if you're scrolling up, and you pull at the top of the list, it'll instantly scroll to the bottom of the list. Would be very cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre