new to smartphones (lumia 710)

mrpinkeye

May 9, 2012
Visit site
hi all,

im new to smartphones and now have a lumia 710. theres a few things i cant get to grips with...

1) is there no way to make the sms keypad bigger? i find it really hard to text via the touchscreen

2) how do i select multiple things (contacts, pictures etc) to copy or delete? even my old nokia 6600 could do that!

3) how do i view my photos in a slideshow? again, my old "dumb" phone managed to do that!!

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
hi all,

im new to smartphones and now have a lumia 710. theres a few things i cant get to grips with...

1) is there no way to make the sms keypad bigger? i find it really hard to text via the touchscreen
you can slightly enlarge the keyboard by turning the phone over to landscape mode (hot dog style), this will make it easier to type. Using the word correction features will help out as well so make sure those are enabled in settings>keyboard.
2) how do i select multiple things (contacts, pictures etc) to copy or delete? even my old nokia 6600 could do that!
For pictures ,goto the pictures hub and you can delete whole albums by pressing and holding on an album and selecting delete contents.
3) how do i view my photos in a slideshow? again, my old "dumb" phone managed to do that!
pictures hub and select an album to pin to start screen, it will then slideshow each photo in the albums pinned. Or you can select some picture as favorites and then the picture tile will just cycle those. Otherwise you'll need an app

My points are in blue above

mrpinkeye

May 9, 2012
Visit site
thanks for the replys.

was looking for an automatic full screen slide show, will check for apps but only found ones with ads.

its a shame it cant do that or mark several photos for copying/deleting :( id also like the function to crop and save photos via the phone which, again, my old 6600 slide did really well! its weird they miss out on the old things phones could do!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb