Cameras in Apollo

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I've watched a couple of reviews of the HTC One S and X. The camera software in those phones is amazing. I know this is speculation, but what are the chances Apollo has camera software like those phones, especially HTC. Of course the Titan 2 might do that stuff already, I haven't really paid much attention to what it can do.

N8ter

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Well those phones have additional hardware for image processing, and the camera software is rather mature.

My guess is that they will work to port much of it over, the question is how long will it take to do that and whether you'll have to buy a new phone to get it.

I doubt the Apollo stock camera will be anything like that, though. Microsoft made only the bare minimum for WP7 and gave the OEMs rights to modify the stock camera if they wanted. That's why the HD7 has almost barebones camera software but the Focus, for example, allows you to adjust things that aren't available on the HD7.

Haven't really played with the Titan or Focus S camera beyond taking some test shots to test default setting quality at max resolution, but from what I've seen it wasn't a huge step above what Samsung did in their first-gen WP7 devices.

I think this is one area where the OEMs may have to step up, and it's a potential playing field for differentiation in the future. Yea, HTC's new camera hardware/software is amazing. Usually don't perform nearly as well for video, though, unfortunately.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I've accepted that the camera on my Trophy isn't very good and won't ever be good, but I'd really like a top camera on my next phone. That and a high-resolution display are high up on my wish list for my next phone, just hope Apollo has these things.

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
I'd imagine the default Apollo camera app won't be as flashy, but here's to hoping that Apollo has a real shot at success and hence the manufacturers put in effort.

Well those phones have additional hardware for image processing, and the camera software is rather mature.
IIRC, the Titan II has a dedicated imaging chip too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte